• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a fair judgement, Funniman.

Let's just bring Nusajaya down the hierarchy and call it a new Town.
Medini is its Town Center.

JB is the Capital City of Johor.
JB Sentral is its City Center.

There you go, Nusajaya is not competing with JB City.
It's just another place created to boost the economy of Johor, hand-in-hand, with JB.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a fair judgement, Funniman.

Let's just bring Nusajaya down the hierarchy and call it a new Town.
Medini is its Town Center.

JB is the Capital City of Johor.
JB Sentral is its City Center.

There you go, Nusajaya is not competing with JB City.
It's just another place created to boost the economy of Johor, hand-in-hand, with JB.

As per the IM website:

"Five Flagship Zones have been designated as key focal points for developments in Iskandar Malaysia. These flagship zones have been envisaged to both further strengthen existing economic clusters as well as to diversify and develop targeted growth sectors."

As I read through the details, these Zones have their unique strengths and are meant to complement each other and not compete with each other.

I view these Zones as team members that will make Iskandar successful. I hope they all succeed. That is how we will all realize maximum ROI, regardless of what Zone we are individually vested in.

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Short answer is no.

1MDB is a new company formed to spearhead strategic investments in Malaysia.

EDB is a body for the economic developments of Singapore. Its equivalent in Malaysia should be MITI (Malaysia International Trade & Industry) or MIDA (Malaysia Investment Development Authority)

Perhaps in another way.. It's akin to the role of Uem in nusajaya as master planner and land owner.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As per the IM website:

"Five Flagship Zones have been designated as key focal points for developments in Iskandar Malaysia. These flagship zones have been envisaged to both further strengthen existing economic clusters as well as to diversify and develop targeted growth sectors."

As I read through the details, these Zones have their unique strengths and are meant to complement each other and not compete with each other.

I view these Zones as team members that will make Iskandar successful. I hope they all succeed. That is how we will all realize maximum ROI, regardless of what Zone we are individually vested in.

Couldn't have said it better than you, IR.

I myself will be jealous if the investments neglect/abandon Nusajaya from now on and shift to elsewhere in Iskandar. I can understand the feeling of those from JB.
But hey, investments are pouring into Zone A now, especially the coastal land from Tanjung Puteri to Lido Boulevard to Danga Bay.

Viewing the whole of Iskandar as a big bus. I see Nusajaya as just the starter-motor of the bus.
Now that the engine is started by the starter-motor, pistons will be moving, shafts will be turning, and soon, everyone inside this bus will be enjoying the breeze!

P.S A starter-motor by itself can bring you to nowhere without all the other components of the bus. Same goes to other single component, unless you decide to go slow and alone with a bicycle found in the bus :biggrin:

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the success stories of SP Setia in JB Zone A, it is a testimony that things are much better here.

At least you can find the physical constructions going on unlike in Medini where not much activities are going on, though much announcement and is imminent that things would move. When it would materialise is another question.

Actually you have activities concurrently in places like Kulaijaya, Senibong Cove, Desaru, Tebrau Permas, etc. So, you guys are right. Iskandar move in tandem with each another. Comparing to other states of Malaysia except for Selangor and Penang, I am sure that states like Pahang, Perak or Trengganu are going to complain that they are not given equal attention.

Couldn't have said it better than you, IR.

I myself will be jealous if the investments neglect/abandon Nusajaya from now on and shift to elsewhere in Iskandar. I can understand the feeling of those from JB.
But hey, investments are pouring into Zone A now, especially the coastal land from Tanjung Puteri to Lido Boulevard to Danga Bay.

Viewing the whole of Iskandar as a big bus. I see Nusajaya as just the starter-motor of the bus.
Now that the engine is started by the starter-motor, pistons will be moving, shafts will be turning, and soon, everyone inside this bus will be enjoying the breeze!

P.S A starter-motor by itself can bring you to nowhere without all the other components of the bus. Same goes to other single component, unless you decide to go slow and alone with a bicycle found in the bus :biggrin:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
launch of Meridin@Medini, leasehold. I called up and check the pricing is from RM640psf.

RM288k for smallest unit of 450sqf.

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal
launch of Meridin@Medini, leasehold. I called up and check the pricing is from RM640psf.

RM288k for smallest unit of 450sqf.

It means Medini area prices has increased from previous 500psf to >600psf... hope to see more development around the region to continue stimulate the hype..

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone posted on a Facebook page recently regarding Emerald Bay at Puteri Harbour:

"Terrace house min RM 2 Mil, semi d min RM 4-6 Mil, bungalow min RM 10 Mil, money alone can't get you a unit, you need to have money and political power to acquire one."

No idea how true this will be. So please take the info with a grain of salt ......

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Highly possible cos developer is BRDB!!!

Their network of clients k pay

Someone posted on a Facebook page recently regarding Emerald Bay at Puteri Harbour:

"Terrace house min RM 2 Mil, semi d min RM 4-6 Mil, bungalow min RM 10 Mil, money alone can't get you a unit, you need to have money and political power to acquire one."

No idea how true this will be. So please take the info with a grain of salt ......

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think its just about right if you compare the prices at east ledang which is the price setter.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think its just about right if you compare the prices at east ledang which is the price setter.

Highly possible cos developer is BRDB!!!

Their network of clients k pay

In that case this is good news, not just for Puteri Harbour, but Iskandar overall. High class luxury focused developers such as Country Garden in Danga Bay and now BRDB in Puteri Harbour, will bring in high net worth individuals, their existing customers, and this will enhance the branding of Iskandar Region.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon we have EL, EH and HH as residential precincts, Medini as CBD, PH as lifestyle enclave, Gerbang as motorcity, Silc as industrial, Educity, Afiat, Wellness center,...CIQs, Convention center.....All these are committed investments....I really cannot see what can go wrong with Nusajaya right now. It is a matter of where you want to invest and follow the tide.

In that case this is good news, not just for Puteri Harbour, but Iskandar overall. High class luxury focused developers such as Country Garden in Danga Bay and now BRDB in Puteri Harbour, will bring in high net worth individuals, their existing customers, and this will enhance the branding of Iskandar Region.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon we have EL, EH and HH as residential precincts, Medini as CBD, PH as lifestyle enclave, Gerbang as motorcity, Silc as industrial, Educity, Afiat, Wellness center,...CIQs, Convention center.....All these are committed investments....I really cannot see what can go wrong with Nusajaya right now. It is a matter of where you want to invest and follow the tide.

A freak election result can ruined the party at least temporarily. Imagine if PAS wins....everything will come tumbling down...though this is highly unlikely. DAP not so bad.just look at Penang.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was at PH with friend who has just bought one unit of Teega with only 5% discount. The balance units at Teega is still selling well judging from the number of visitors over weekends.

The first 2 towers has less than 30 available units each and the third tower has about 100 units available. It looks like soon when there is not many units left for their marketing to sell, UEM would be launching their next project. It would be interesting to see the kind of psf pricing for their next project.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
What price and psf pricing did your friend buy at?

Was at PH with friend who has just bought one unit of Teega with only 5% discount. The balance units at Teega is still selling well judging from the number of visitors over weekends.

The first 2 towers has less than 30 available units each and the third tower has about 100 units available. It looks like soon when there is not many units left for their marketing to sell, UEM would be launching their next project. It would be interesting to see the kind of psf pricing for their next project.