• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just applied mine with SCB with interest rate BLR - 2.45%, no lock in period, no penalty too and they are offering 90% loan too . Will read the terms and cond properly when signing on the dotted line. Thanks for the info IskandarRocks.

If you are taking fully flexi from SCB, check if its up to 70% offset only.

yonglh

Just applied mine with SCB with interest rate BLR - 2.45%, no lock in period, no penalty too and they are offering 90% loan too . Will read the terms and cond properly when signing on the dotted line. Thanks for the info IskandarRocks.

Can I have your SCB's banker email? I'm looking for a Malaysia property loan too.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
My speculation that this 3rd theme park will most likely be located at the International Destination Resort site, one of the developments under IIB.

Under IIB (60% khazanah, 20% EPF, 20% Johor State Investment arm)
-----------
Educity
Medini
International Destination Resort

UEM projects will benefit most from the above catlysts as it is owned by Khazanah, and they are all meant to integrate and synergize with each other. So that prices of UEM Land projects being strategically located, will benefit most.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good afternoon!

I do have a few questions for the kind owners here about their loans. Is DIBS one which allows the developer to drawdown and they will foot the interest accruing? this also means that if anything happens to UEM land (touch wood) and having drawn down 50% of the loan, that the homeowners are then left with this liability? Lastly, would any of the owners know whether there is an actual 10.90 deferred payment scheme which is available from the panel (or elsewhere)?

Thanks!!

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
My speculation that this 3rd theme park will most likely be located at the International Destination Resort site, one of the developments under IIB.

-----------
Educity
Medini

UEM projects will benefit most from the above catlysts as it is owned by Khazanah, and they are all meant to integrate and synergize with each other. So that prices of UEM Land projects being strategically located, will benefit most.

with these rides from sixflags if they're here, it will make USS look lame
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/_5IXx6IXYps

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry all, I may not have time to read through all posts here.

Just curious. With the rising sea water level due to global weather issue, will there be an issue for living near the straits?

For Senibong Cove, their website states:

Risk of flood:
Absolutely not! The site has been raised to an average building platform level of 3.55~3.7 meters, which is significantly higher than the 100-year Highest Astronomical Tide level of 2.0-meters. Normal high tide is around 1.4-meters. In addition, the Lunchoo River has been deepened by between 3.5-meters and 6.0-meters. A sea wall will also be erected.
http://www.senibongcove.my/community/river-management/

As for the other riverine/coastal developments, try looking up the development's website.

barra10

Alfrescian
Loyal

-----------
Educity
Medini

The article - http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/1/9/business/12549613&sec=business.

Yes, make sense to have it at the International Destination Resort which is next to Puteri Harbour. With the Ferry link to Indonesia and Singpore, it'll make it easier for tourists.
I always wonder what they are going to have it there. Was hoping for Disney but Six Flags is just as good. Been to the Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA. The rides are awesome.

This is going to be interesting...

JordaneSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

Need a piece of advice from you guys.

Got my loan approved by SCB, but just been told than since it's DIBS, the MRTA (loan insurance premium) cannot be financed and so has to be paid upfront... This is a large amount (from 0.5% to 5% of loan amount, depending whether cover is 5 to 30 years).

Looks like the advantage of DIBS are completely wiped out by this: developer pay interest during construction, but then a high premium is needed upfront and paid by customer.

What's your opinion?
Shorten cover period to reduce premium?
Opt-out DIBS and get the premium financed?
Other thoughts?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
u r right.. dun have to be Disney. As long as it is a reputable professionally managed theme park, it will do good.

The article - http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/1/9/business/12549613&sec=business.

Yes, make sense to have it at the International Destination Resort which is next to Puteri Harbour. With the Ferry link to Indonesia and Singpore, it'll make it easier for tourists.
I always wonder what they are going to have it there. Was hoping for Disney but Six Flags is just as good. Been to the Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA. The rides are awesome.

This is going to be interesting...

barra10

Alfrescian
Loyal
u r right.. dun have to be Disney. As long as it is a reputable professionally managed theme park, it will do good.

Six Flags owns 19 parks and 17 of them are in the US. The other 2 are found in Canada and Mexico. All in North and Central America.
If they are really going to have one here in Nusajaya. Then it's really a coup not just for Iskander but also for the rest of Asia.
Maybe they know where's the pie going to be in future.
Hope this turn out well.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about other Panel Banks?
Check if they are able to cover the MRTA.
Are you buying for own stay or investment?
If you are planning to sell within 10 years then just get 10 years.
It should also be possible to get Decreasing Term Insurance from other companies and pay on an annual basis.
I have been checking on it as I am also looking to buy soon.

Hi All,

Got my loan approved by SCB, but just been told than since it's DIBS, the MRTA (loan insurance premium) cannot be financed and so has to be paid upfront... This is a large amount (from 0.5% to 5% of loan amount, depending whether cover is 5 to 30 years).

Looks like the advantage of DIBS are completely wiped out by this: developer pay interest during construction, but then a high premium is needed upfront and paid by customer.

What's your opinion?
Other thoughts?

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Six Flags will be Great!
Frankly Legoland and Hello Kitty is really more for kids
Six Flag will make the Theme Park Attractions more complete :biggrin:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM just sold 2 parcels of land at Commercial North at RM210psf.

Tiong Nam bought the Marina Facing Commercial South at RM220psf.

The land price is considered attractive and on the high side considering it is at Commercial North and 66% of the land is non marina fronting

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM just sold 2 parcels of land at Commercial North at RM210psf.

Tiong Nam bought the Marina Facing Commercial South at RM220psf.

The land price is considered attractive and on the high side considering it is at Commercial North and 66% of the land is non marina fronting
Where did u hear the 66%?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
So effectively for the marina fronting plot of RM297psf, there is a
35% increase over Tiong Nam's price of RM220psf

Philip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, just signed the letter of offer with ocbc.
Has gotten a 90% loan and the insurance of about 20k plus is payable by loan.
The payable premium is added into loan.
Premium is about 2.5% of loan, insured RM300k for 5years.
Maybe u can try ocbc :smile:

Hi All,

What's your opinion?
Other thoughts?

Chaser

Hi, I have a stamped tenancy agreement with bank acc supporting it for the past 6 months. However, I"m not the registered owner as its under my parents name but I'm the beneficial owner, any idea if this could be a prob? Will the banks do a search on the property to determine the owner? Many thanks for the inputs.