• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are a lot of land in iskandar. however you can't find other development similar to what east ledang/ledang height can offer, at least for now.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are a lot of land in iskandar. however you can't find other development similar to what east ledang/ledang height can offer, at least for now.

Agreed! Just to add, it is not that any territorial Rhinoceros can pee around the perimeter and lay claim to the available land in Iskandar, particularly around Nusajaya.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Successful Gated & Guarded landed residential enclaves are hard to find. Even Selangor, the price tag is about RM 1.5m for a 24 x 80 ft intermediate terrace unit and bungalows with 5000 sq ft cost about RM 3.3m. The value of these G&G is not the house itself but the atmosphere and the community it represent. The earliest is Country Heights, then followed by Sierramas. Later it is Setia EcoPark and a few others.

Study through the masterplan of Nusajaya and you will find not too many areas that is allocated for a G & G residential scheme.

Agreed! Just to add, it is not that any territorial Rhinoceros can pee around the perimeter and lay claim to the available land in Iskandar, particularly around Nusajaya.

Philip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Encorp puteri harbour buyers,

Have just gotten a confirmation from banker that I have a 90% loan. Wife is Malaysian. Also that the DIBS is not restricted to 2 weeks from signing of S and P, the document signing will come with loan. Also the 2nd 4% rebate will come after vacant possession (TOP), after the 1st 4% rebate is deducted from the initial 10% downpayment.

Hope it helps. Looking forward to having a drink with u guys at PH in 2016 :smile:

Successful Gated & Guarded landed residential enclaves are hard to find. Even Selangor, the price tag is about RM 1.5m for a 24 x 80 ft intermediate terrace unit and bungalows with 5000 sq ft cost about RM 3.3m. The value of these G&G is not the house itself but the atmosphere and the community it represent. The earliest is Country Heights, then followed by Sierramas. Later it is Setia EcoPark and a few others.

Study through the masterplan of Nusajaya and you will find not too many areas that is allocated for a G & G residential scheme.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

EL estate is much different from most landed estates and unless one visited and stayed there, then they would understand.

I have invited many relatives and friends to stay over my place. Their impression before coming is a completed change when they see the place. What they imagine is the usual house that you see in Johor and were pleasantly surprised that it is a nice open space, wide roads, safe and secure environment (so far).

Many have enjoyed the stay with their family in our intermediate terrace unit. 5 bedrooms and all comes with attached toilet.

I am waiting for medini and the surrounding areas to have more infrastructure and more population and the buzz.

Then more of my relatives would come and holiday at my EL unit.

Nobama

Alfrescian
Loyal
For that price range, you may also look into the next phase of Bungalow launch at East Ledang. Both have their own advantages, however, East Ledang will run out of land very soon. Moreover, the price differential between landed in Singapore and Nusajaya is just to high, adding to the attractiveness.

Agree too landed is good value always. Just that I am thinking who will invest in a similarly priced penthouse in Puteri. Penthouses too with a fantastic view can be a great investment in my opinion.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree too landed is good value always. Just that I am thinking who will invest in a similarly priced penthouse in Puteri. Penthouses too with a fantastic view can be a great investment in my opinion.

Yes an apartment with a stunning view can be more valuable than a landed 2x its size. thats why in SG, you have people willing to pay SGD7M for a Marina Bay Suite penthouse though they can get a landed elsewhere at less than half that amount

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes an apartment with a stunning view can be more valuable than a landed 2x its size. thats why in SG, you have people willing to pay SGD7M for a Marina Bay Suite penthouse though they can get a landed elsewhere at less than half that amount

First of all, let's talk about Marina Bay Sutes. I am sure people will be willing to pay SGD 7M for a Marina Bay Suite Penthouse and happily take one if available. Unfortunately, these days, some of the 2680 sft 4 bedrooms condos (not penthouse) have transacted above SGD 7M at MBS, including one above SGD 8M. This is as per URA site. A 5600 sft penthouse actually went for 19.3M in October.

Let's talk about landed. I guess you could find a landed at SGD 3.5M, half price of SGD 7M Marina Bay Suites penthouse. Perhaps a terrace out in the burbs. My colleague is looking to upgrade his terrace with semi D with a SGD 5M budget. If I were to compare a location like Marina Bay Suites, in terms of landed, the closest I could think of would be Sentosa Cove. These landed units actually start at SGD 20M+. There was one recently asking for SGD 100 M+.

I definitely agree that penthouses at the right location, and the right views, are great investments. But landed is definitely worth considering.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So ironic that a project in vast iskandar can run out of land. Haha

Of course, so ironic that any project in this vast world can run out of land ......

Nice one, IR :smile:

In the bigger picture;
Run out of land as in run out of 'prime', 'best location', 'hottest' land(Medini is the 'CBD' of Nusajaya, EL is right beside Medini and Educity)

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food for thoughts:

When Highland Towers came down many years ago, what is left for the owners of strata titles? Just a piece of property in the air? And they still have to service the loans they took. They sued the structural engineers but he was already dead..so what do you have in the end?

Landed is different. Even if the house burns down, you still have your name on the land title. You can rebuild and that piece of land is still worth something. Rebuilding my own house on my own land is very different from rebuilding a condo which need the consensus of every unit owners.

Having said all these, the ironic thing is I still went ahead to buy a condo. Sometimes I think I have gone mad...

First of all, let's talk about Marina Bay Sutes. I am sure people will be willing to pay SGD 7M for a Marina Bay Suite Penthouse and happily take one if available. Unfortunately, these days, some of the 2680 sft 4 bedrooms condos (not penthouse) have transacted above SGD 7M at MBS, including one above SGD 8M. This is as per URA site. A 5600 sft penthouse actually went for 19.3M in October.

Let's talk about landed. I guess you could find a landed at SGD 3.5M, half price of SGD 7M Marina Bay Suites penthouse. Perhaps a terrace out in the burbs. My colleague is looking to upgrade his terrace with semi D with a SGD 5M budget. If I were to compare a location like Marina Bay Suites, in terms of landed, the closest I could think of would be Sentosa Cove. These landed units actually start at SGD 20M+. There was one recently asking for SGD 100 M+.

I definitely agree that penthouses at the right location, and the right views, are great investments. But landed is definitely worth considering.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, Highland Towers is a 3 block high end condo in Ulu Kelang. many years ago,

2 of the towers collapsed due earth movements and its piling weakened as underground water changed its course, damaging its foundations. Some people died including the son of Tun Musa Hitam. Today even the last remaining tower is unoccupied.

The banks waived the interests for the loans but the owners still have to pay for the mortgage as the loan is between the bank and the borrowers. The affected property is just only a collateral.

Food for thoughts:

When Highland Towers came down many years ago, what is left for the owners of strata titles? Just a piece of property in the air? And they still have to service the loans they took. They sued the structural engineers but he was already dead..so what do you have in the end?

Landed is different. Even if the house burns down, you still have your name on the land title. You can rebuild and that piece of land is still worth something. Rebuilding my own house on my own land is very different from rebuilding a condo which need the consensus of every unit owners.

Having said all these, the ironic thing is I still went ahead to buy a condo. Sometimes I think I have gone mad...

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

hard to compare marina bay suite with any other landed as the location will be different.

will be interested to see how a landed would cost if it is built nearby the CBD area.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Johor is not a financial center.
Even JB Sentral itself cannot qualify as a CBD.

Singapore is a financial center, even Singapore only have CBD joining Shenton Way and Marina Bay.

I doubt they can build a new CBD in a new location and make it prosper.

Even by 2020 , JB CBD will not be Financial Center. KL will remain focus of Financial Service.

All CBD build in Zone B,C,D,E will failed.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice one, IR :smile:

In the bigger picture;
Run out of land as in run out of 'prime', 'best location', 'hottest' land(Medini is the 'CBD' of Nusajaya, EL is right beside Medini and Educity)

Medini is officially the City Center(Pusat Bandar) of Nusajaya.
The general public can also see the street signs stating 'Pusat Bandar(Medini)'.

I placed the 'CBD' in quotation marks to show that I mean it is in the like of a Central Business District.
Part of Medini is still a business district and the whole of Medini is the City Center(all with 99 years lease), just not a grand one with many skyscrapers.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A central business district (CBD, also called a central activities district) is the commercial and often geographic heart of a city. In the United States of America and Canada this part of a city is commonly referred to as "downtown" or "city center ("centre" in Canada)". "City centre" is commonly used in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_business_district

CBD is simply a central activities district, a city center.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My tots are:

I rather let a natural progression of developments spreading outwards to be come a CBD rather than a planned one. One can plan wonderfully with buildings and hope for things to happen, it just won't happen. Just as an example: Shah Alam was a planned CBD and after 40 years, it still lacking compared to Petaling Jaya, Kota Damansara, Subang Jaya. Actually these 3 other areas were not planned but they grew naturally.

So In the case of Nusajaya, it is still very early to say for sure which part is going to be the happening area. Medini is slated to be one but whether it will or not has yet to be seen.