• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember a post here which says what I just said, better ask other members to verify, if the loop hole was so simple, every one would do it. Just call it car pool service and let Malaysian drive in and people like Frodo no need to ride bike into Singapore.

LOL! I still need to ride my bike to work to save on petrol, customs tolls, ERP and parking.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Written Reply by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew to Parliamentary Question on Singaporeans Driving Malaysian-registered Vehicles
13 Apr 2015 In Parliament

Mr Zainal Sapari asked the Minister for Transport whether LTA will consider allowing Singaporeans driving Malaysian-registered vehicles to enter Singapore on Fridays after 6 pm without utilising their 28-weekday provision.

Reply by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew: As a concession, on a case-by-case basis, Singaporeans working and residing in Malaysia are already allowed to use their Malaysia-registered vehicles in Singapore for up to 28 weekdays a year, in addition to Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore public holidays. Such restrictions are necessary so that ownership of foreign-registered vehicles does not become a means to circumvent our vehicle ownership policies, and so that we are fair to Singaporeans who own Singapore-registered vehicles.

http://www.mot.gov.sg/News-Centre/N...oreans-Driving-Malaysian-registered-Vehicles/

Hope that helps.

Haiz....why must be working AND residing in Malaysia to qualify? LTA should also allow Singaporeans residing in MY to do that without requiring that they also must work in MY.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haiz....why must be working AND residing in Malaysia to qualify? LTA should also allow Singaporeans residing in MY to do that without requiring that they also must work in MY.

actually those residing and retired in MY shd be allowed to drive MY cars into SG...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually those residing and retired in MY shd be allowed to drive MY cars into SG...

Indeed, the govt should be more enlightened and less kiasu about losing revenue or kiasi that floodgates would open, so long as they set limits and conditions. For example, proof of residence in MY can be one criteria, coupled with tenancy agreement or proof of ownership of property.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, the govt should be more enlightened and less kiasu about losing revenue or kiasi that floodgates would open, so long as they set limits and conditions. For example, proof of residence in MY can be one criteria, coupled with tenancy agreement or proof of ownership of property.

ya man, let the oldies enjoy their golden years properly and they will vote 'wisely'. anyway, SG is for the economically active, oldies will just take up space :P

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err then every Tom Dick or Harry will retire at 35 year old and claimed to be a retiree in Malaysia and all upgrade from SG Toyotas Camry to JB Mercs S400 liao. Both around same price anyway

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err then every Tom Dick or Harry will retire at 35 year old and claimed to be a retiree in Malaysia and all upgrade from SG Toyotas Camry to JB Mercs S400 liao. Both around same price anyway

I suppose if they are residing in Malaysia and retired at so young, we should be happy for them? Though I would be very jealous and envious..crossed 35 liao still a slogging peasant...LOL!

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see many Ang Moh FTs driving Malaysia cars in /out , and I belief soon the Ah Thong will follow when Forest City and Danga Bay is filled up with rich Chinese . How come the Ministers never say this is unfair to Singaporean who own SG cars ?

Written Reply by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew to Parliamentary Question on Singaporeans Driving Malaysian-registered Vehicles

" Mr Zainal Sapari asked the Minister for Transport whether LTA will consider allowing Singaporeans driving Malaysian-registered vehicles to enter Singapore on Fridays after 6 pm without utilising their 28-weekday provision.

Reply by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew: As a concession, on a case-by-case basis, Singaporeans working and residing in Malaysia are already allowed to use their Malaysia-registered vehicles in Singapore for up to 28 weekdays a year, in addition to Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore public holidays. Such restrictions are necessary so that ownership of foreign-registered vehicles does not become a means to circumvent our vehicle ownership policies, and so that we are fair to Singaporeans who own Singapore-registered vehicles. ""

http://www.mot.gov.sg/News-Centre/Ne...ered-Vehicles/

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see many Ang Moh FTs driving Malaysia cars in /out , and I belief soon the Ah Thong will follow when Forest City and Danga Bay is filled up with rich Chinese . How come the Ministers never say this is unfair to Singaporean who own SG cars ?

" Mr Zainal Sapari asked the Minister for Transport whether LTA will consider allowing Singaporeans driving Malaysian-registered vehicles to enter Singapore on Fridays after 6 pm without utilising their 28-weekday provision.

Reply by Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew: As a concession, on a case-by-case basis, Singaporeans working and residing in Malaysia are already allowed to use their Malaysia-registered vehicles in Singapore for up to 28 weekdays a year, in addition to Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore public holidays. Such restrictions are necessary so that ownership of foreign-registered vehicles does not become a means to circumvent our vehicle ownership policies, and so that we are fair to Singaporeans who own Singapore-registered vehicles. ""

In my view, it is wrong to even couch the issue in terms of being fair or unfair to people who own cars in Singapore. Why penalise people who choose to adopt JB as their home for economic reasons? Once you can show proof that you are truly residenced in Johor, it should be easy to treat it like just those Singaporeans who are working and staying there. Just apply the same restrictions to car usage on Singapore roads lor.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, it is wrong to even couch the issue in terms of being fair or unfair to people who own cars in Singapore. Why penalise people who choose to adopt JB as their home for economic reasons? Once you can show proof that you are truly residenced in Johor, it should be easy to treat it like just those Singaporeans who are working and staying there. Just apply the same restrictions to car usage on Singapore roads lor.

Tell you what , if they allow this to happen , I can grantee you will see thousands of Sinkies going to " retire " in JB liao , suddenly they wont talk about JB being unsafe .

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell you what , if they allow this to happen , I can grantee you will see thousands of Sinkies going to " retire " in JB liao , suddenly they wont talk about JB being unsafe .

Isn't this precisely what our govt want in terms of social engineering? That Singaporeans are choosing to retire and expire in cheaper-than-Singapore boleh land? Then they can import more foreign talents to take up the vacated space, one stone kill two birds. If the govt adopt this suggestion it should reward me handsomely ok? LOL!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the SG govt don't mind the lower income Singaporeans moving over to JB. Otherwise, why would they allow MediShield to be used in certain approved hospitals in JB? And also, I remember the joker story-teller Khaw Boon Wan subtly hinted before it's so much cheaper for the elderly to stay in a nursing home in JB than in SG. Such a move can ease the congestion in clinics. Less complaints from peasants also about the high cost of living. In a longer time perspective of 25 years or more, I foresee SG will be a place mainly the middle income and above thrive in.

What we need is just a good transport system into JB.

The big bottleneck lies mainly in the "relac-relac" way the Malaysian side works. It will be a big boost if there is at least the RTS before the HSR is built. But now, even the RTS is ding-dong. Not sure if it's still going through. Without a good public transportation, Singaporeans will not be attracted to go to JB to stay or seek medical help, putting aside the safety issues of concern. And don't forget the RTS can't even take you to many places. You need LRT.

For all these to be intricately planned and built, a laid-back country like Malaysia could very well drag decades from now. That is if they even have the foresight to plan it well. All I see now is they keep mentioning how much RM billion investment money has been poured into Iskandar and the general buildings that will be built there. But where's the connectivity? Where's the overall infrastructure and time line? They should all gel up together in order for Iskandar to grow and move. But all these important points are sorely missing.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a loophole la. Any sinkie can say they are working in JB if they have a house there. I am cleaning toilets for my friends' saloon by the way. And I get to drive my JB plate infiniti into Singapore 28 weekdays a month.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a loophole la. Any sinkie can say they are working in JB if they have a house there. I am cleaning toilets for my friends' saloon by the way. And I get to drive my JB plate infiniti into Singapore 28 weekdays a month.

But won't LTA demand a work permit as proof of employment in MY?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u are a regular at 2nd link, I believe you would have seen one old ang mo driving a JB plated XC 60 brand new car. He was previously driving a Volvo XC60 as well but older version. Damn shiok. While Sinkies chaps are strucked by the LTA policies, foreigners are exploiting them to their benefits.

Born a pig or born a sinkie male which is better? More or less same la

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? Do you know how easy it is to be "employed in business" even in Singapore.. let alone JB. I got so many Malaysian friends who use their Singapore friends company to apply work permits for them so that they can enter Singapore daily for their own business. Just pay some foreign levy to their friends and kopi money lor. I even got one regular aircon contractor from JB who drive in his Azla every alternate days using his passport to self employed here!

But won't LTA demand a work permit as proof of employment in MY?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually many many chaps from Singapore can retire early once they move to Malaysia provided they got no kids. Just need to fully paid their HDB and rent it out for RM 6000.

I suppose if they are residing in Malaysia and retired at so young, we should be happy for them? Though I would be very jealous and envious..crossed 35 liao still a slogging peasant...LOL!