• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several memories of my auto gate in JB. A few times I was reaching home in JB and the gate isn't that auto. No response to my transponder. Then I realise my autogate must have been struck by Lightning. I had to alight from my car and scale up my side fence and dirtied myself in the process just to enter my house and switch on the main switch again so as to activate my autogate. Neighbours would just drove past and stared at me.

Another few memories... saw centipedes crawling around my kitchen one morning when I opened my yard door to exercise with my Ang Mo neighbor next door at 430am in the morning. Imagine you are going into push up position while chatting with your neighbor next door at the yard and a centipede sped past you.

Saw a wild boar while driving back to Singapore at 6am in the morning. That time Nusajaya population is just 10% of now. 7am reach Tuas custom and its a breeze. I am usually the 1st of 2nd to be at the counter. No Q.

Many other shiok memories. But contrary to Singapore govt controlled media reports, I haven't met a robber yet in my 15 years in JB as I lead a peaceful life of not cheonging pubs or those city centre night clubs. I will be in bed before 11pm and wake up 4-5am. Tried visiting banks to deposit RM 10k of property deposits each day over 14 days. Every morning 3am I was there at the same place. No robbers. So I wonder how come people can stare me in my face when I told them I am living in JB and I haven't gotten robbed yet. Those were the days. But as I read more and more SG articles about JB being the crime capital of Asia, I began to shrink my balls a little. Now do everything online.

In Singapore its different. You are robbed 24 hours. Robberies operate the same hours as 7-11 stores.

Fully share that shiok feeling with the auto gate, considering that one would need to fork out maybe a million dollars to "play" with auto gate in Singapore! But I now park outside the gates so kids can have more space to play in car porch...more safe also.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days, I never whine about paying in ringgit when I makan there. because at the end of the day, its surely 300% more worth it than in Singapore. all have to agree that Malaysia food is tastier Singapore good. Free car wash free parking free security guard to look after your Masalees or masalatis etc during massage. Where to find?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had this kuey tiao soup noodles minced pork and fish cake slices at Gelang Patah.
Cost RM5.50 per bowl, comparatively it would be RM 6.50 in KL. Most probably it is higher in Penang.
So I would say it is acceptable for JB food. Not too expensive nor cheap in JB.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had this kuey tiao soup noodles minced pork and fish cake slices at Gelang Patah.
Cost RM5.50 per bowl, comparatively it would be RM 6.50 in KL. Most probably it is higher in Penang.
So I would say it is acceptable for JB food. Not too expensive nor cheap in JB.

One time we had friends over and there were 12 of us eating at Anmour Cafe and our bill was about RM270...that's less than $100 for decent and nice Western fare and desserts...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tats true. Price $ itself for a lot of things is subjective. Investors whom bought into Ritz Carlton Residences in SG @ $5k psf then may see good value at that time too. But now even at $2.8k psf .. not everyone is rushing in.

Food is really subjective la my friend. S$30 for a family meal in a rest up north and I don't think I will ever whine about the "expensive" price.. to me its decent and cheap. S$30 no joke hor

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never said it was expensive for me, it is expensive for JB food. So don't be sarcastic before I get caustic.

Deploy your razor wit. Maybe read the price menu before me you sit down and get 'stung' for $30 again for a meal for 4. There will be a variety of menus and price points for any urban location as outlets position themselves for different wallets. Not everything in JB is dirt cheap, nor should all prices be the same.

Was it a better, 'high class' crowd paying this full-fare price point? That would have cheered you up, I'm guessing?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deploy your razor wit. Maybe read the price menu before me you sit down and get 'stung' for $30 again for a meal for 4. There will be a variety of menus and price points for any urban location as outlets position themselves for different wallets. Not everything in JB is dirt cheap, nor should all prices be the same.

Was it a better, 'high class' crowd paying this full-fare price point? That would have cheered you up, I'm guessing?

It was a meal for 3 and I don't read prices on the menu, ever. So learn to read and understand English next time.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep....couple years back some reported news a fish cost 6k...that's the place. The SGD200k dinner is comprised of a bottle of wine cost above SGD100k.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a meal for 3 and I don't read prices on the menu, ever. So learn to read and understand English next time.

Well, those who do not learn history are condemned to repeat it. Looks like you'll just have to read those prices on the bill, if not the menu and occasionally fall out of your seat at these occasional shocking prices.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, those who do not learn history are condemned to repeat it. Looks like you'll just have to read those prices on the bill, if not the menu and occasionally fall out of your seat at these occasional shocking prices.

You think I can be bothered to read and add the sums when having meals? Like I said and repeat again, it is nothing about me falling off my seat at the bill, it is more of the fact that a simple dim sum meal in second rate mall in Johor is approaching the prices of a similar meal in a second rate mall in Singapore.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/lao-peh-car-kenna-smashed-jb-5284202-4.html

Even kids know the dangers of JB.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err what are you doing in a "kids" forum such as HWZ? And these kids are just a product of the propaganda machine. Since young, you and I are inundated with positive news of Singapore Changi Aircon,I mean Airport, PSA, SIA etc all being #01. No horse run. And everything about Malaysia, in particular our next door neighbour Johor Balu are shit.

After the proliferation of the internet the ruling incumbent, who is still paying themselves S$300,000 a month FAT paycheck, cannot control the media 100%. That is why you got people like me who venture to JB ( due to being screwed badly in Sngapore ) and I never never never looked back.

Just yesterday I was cruising around Nusajaya without a single traffic lights for 20-30minutes. Life is good. In Singapore every 1 minute you probably have to stop for lights, ants on top of bridges etc.

My life is good because I experienced it myself in JB. I don't need the Govt - controlled puppet SPH to tell me how fucked up JB is. I can see it for myself

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/lao-peh-car-kenna-smashed-jb-5284202-4.html

Even kids know the dangers of JB.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What, in your definition, is a "1st rate mall" in JB ? Jusco? Gant Or Sutera Utama?

I am sorry for asking as I have never step foot on KSL as I heard its very very crowded & and I am not very rich to have dim sums.

You think I can be bothered to read and add the sums when having meals? Like I said and repeat again, it is nothing about me falling off my seat at the bill, it is more of the fact that a simple dim sum meal in second rate mall in Johor is approaching the prices of a similar meal in a second rate mall in Singapore.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err what are you doing in a "kids" forum such as HWZ? And these kids are just a product of the propaganda machine. Since young, you and I are inundated with positive news of Singapore Changi Aircon,I mean Airport, PSA, SIA etc all being #01. No horse run. And everything about Malaysia, in particular our next door neighbour Johor Balu are shit.

After the proliferation of the internet the ruling incumbent, who is still paying themselves S$300,000 a month FAT paycheck, cannot control the media 100%. That is why you got people like me who venture to JB ( due to being screwed badly in Sngapore ) and I never never never looked back.

Just yesterday I was cruising around Nusajaya without a single traffic lights for 20-30minutes. Life is good. In Singapore every 1 minute you probably have to stop for lights, ants on top of bridges etc.

My life is good because I experienced it myself in JB. I don't need the Govt - controlled puppet SPH to tell me how fucked up JB is. I can see it for myself

Because my kid alerted me to this thread.

Anyway JB crime is non-existent only in this forum and folder, even the courtyard folder has a thread on Johor accountant being brutally bashed.

Just everyone beware and don't get lulled into a false sense of security.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there's a very strong struggle here:

Singapore:
+ points: VERY SAFE, strong economy, strong government, very advanced overall, excellent education system, excellent transport system
- points: housing (public and private) and cars are very expensive, most are chained to 25 to 30 years of housing loans, very crowded everywhere, stressful living

JB/Iskandar:

+ points: Relatively cheap and very big housing, new areas like Medini/Puteri Harbour not crowded, detailed plans for Iskandar (though how successful remains to be seen), much more affordable than Singapore, more relaxed living (excluding old JB)

- points: Some areas are not safe (robberies/murders), weak currency, newer areas still generally undeveloped and decades behind Singapore, government may be corrupted, rules can turn unfavorable for investors, especially foreigners, transport system still basic

What advice do you all have for the younger generation who wish to have a better life?

I see some of my juniors at work and they ask me how... I'm stumped to give them a good answer. They have good degrees from local unis, stable jobs in the office, but they recognize if they continue what they do, they'll be "slaves" to the SG government paying S$500k for tiny HDB flats for the next 30 years.

Yet Iskandar is a far-fetched idea to them due to the lack of convenient transport system to let them travel from SG to JB, and all the negative points listed above. The confidence is just not there yet.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there's a very strong struggle here:

Singapore:
+ points: VERY SAFE, strong economy, strong government, very advanced overall, excellent education system, excellent transport system
- points: housing (public and private) and cars are very expensive, most are chained to 25 to 30 years of housing loans, very crowded everywhere, stressful living

JB/Iskandar:

+ points: Relatively cheap and very big housing, new areas like Medini/Puteri Harbour not crowded, detailed plans for Iskandar (though how successful remains to be seen), much more affordable than Singapore, more relaxed living (excluding old JB)

- points: Some areas are not safe (robberies/murders), weak currency, newer areas still generally undeveloped and decades behind Singapore, government may be corrupted, rules can turn unfavorable for investors, especially foreigners, transport system still basic

What advice do you all have for the younger generation who wish to have a better life?

I see some of my juniors at work and they ask me how... I'm stumped to give them a good answer. They have good degrees from local unis, stable jobs in the office, but they recognize if they continue what they do, they'll be "slaves" to the SG government paying S$500k for tiny HDB flats for the next 30 years.

Yet Iskandar is a far-fetched idea to them due to the lack of convenient transport system to let them travel from SG to JB, and all the negative points listed above. The confidence is just not there yet.

Buy property in Singapore or other first world countries and rent and live in Malaysia, easy. Leverage on the strengths of each country at the same time, negate the liabilities.