• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha I have the same feeling!!!!!!!!! No joke!!!! I love the feeling of reaching my house in JB, waiting for my autogate to open and I drive my car up to the car pouch, get out and there you are the door is there.

Ang Mo chu is simply different. I envy those Malaysian friends who grew up in landed houses and drive cars when Singaporeans worship (cars and landed houses ) since young.

Fully share that shiok feeling with the auto gate, considering that one would need to fork out maybe a million dollars to "play" with auto gate in Singapore! But I now park outside the gates so kids can have more space to play in car porch...more safe also.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully share that shiok feeling with the auto gate, considering that one would need to fork out maybe a million dollars to "play" with auto gate in Singapore! But I now park outside the gates so kids can have more space to play in car porch...more safe also.

In Singapore even if u stay in Ang-Mo- Chu you cant simply park your cars outside cos its just tooo squeezy. And you will have complaints from neighbours as Singapore is just toooo cramped and someone still want 6.9 million to do the SG 50 Big Singapore Squeeze

I have given hope on this country long ago. Our Deer Leader pays himself $300,000 a month to screw up the housing and transport needs of Singapore. Aiyoh....

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the KFC in Malaysia do taste better than Singapore. And true also that generally they seem to be working at sloth speed. LOL! Very seldom see staff moving quickly. The que can be long...like going through customs. LOL!

Working at their own sweet time is the norm in MY, especially so in govt. offices.
Once I went to Indah Waters to pay some bills, and I was the only customer.
I went up to the cashier counter to pay but that aunty with headdress, who was not doing anything, pointed to the queue no. dispenser gesturing me to take a number.
So I took a queue number and wait for about almost 10 mins and my number appeared at the same aunty's counter and I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER THERE!!!
She actually decides when to serve you!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not complaining in a bad sense. I'm trying to show that as the cost of living in Singapore rises, as the stress of daily living takes its toll on commoners, it may be more attractive to move or live elsewhere, and Iskandar could be one of them? That's what the flow of the discussion has been.

Yes, I say milo is expensive but that's only because the cost of living is not rising in tandem with salaries here. My juniors at work are earning the same pay as someone who started work about 8-9 years ago. HDB flat at that time might cost say slightly more than $300k. Today, it could be $600k.

Of course I'm glad I have a job. I didn't say I'm taking it for granted. The robot analogy is to emphasise that the commoners in Singapore have to go about their daily life, work hard to earn their money and upkeep their lifestyle in an expensive city.

Actually, your complaints are similar to a typical Malaysian too and also many others in cities elsewhere.
Everything has to be relative when you make comparison.
Here in MY, a fresh graduate executive is getting only about RM2,000 and he is also complaining that his milo ice is costing rm1.80 now and the nasi campor is getting more expensive and in smaller portion too.
In other big cities like New York, London, Tokyo, Shanghai, most people including bankers take the subway for convenience and its even more packed, worse then here in SG so they should complain louder?

For a regular guy, we all need to work to earn money, no other choice
Some are better off with a good job that pays well, others go into business to make more money but the majority are the regular salaried people with a fixed monthly pay.
For the less successful ones, they probably need to look back and ask why they were stuck in a certain category with little progress thru the years.
A friend of mine has only an O level yet he manage to have an average income of at least $80,000/mth. for many years.
He is in his late 30s and he is a property agent.
How come some property agents or financial planners can be so successful while some can never make it?
Its not the job or the product because the product and the job is the same for all but the person doing that job is different.

You should be glad that you still have a job, never mind "it's wake up and walk like a programmed robot".
Maybe you can try getting another more interesting job that don't need you to becoming a robot?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not complaining in a bad sense. I'm trying to show that as the cost of living in Singapore rises, as the stress of daily living takes its toll on commoners, it may be more attractive to move or live elsewhere, and Iskandar could be one of them? That's what the flow of the discussion has been.

Yes, I say milo is expensive but that's only because the cost of living is not rising in tandem with salaries here. My juniors at work are earning the same pay as someone who started work about 8-9 years ago. HDB flat at that time might cost say slightly more than $300k. Today, it could be $600k.

Of course I'm glad I have a job. I didn't say I'm taking it for granted. The robot analogy is to emphasise that the commoners in Singapore have to go about their daily life, work hard to earn their money and upkeep their lifestyle in an expensive city.

Rising cost of living is universal, just that some places are rising in a speedier way.
Home ownership in Hongkong and Taipei are far worse that those in SG.
In Japan, a regular employee has to take more than an hour in a train to get to work daily.
The size of a standard 3rm HDB flat is luxurious size in HK, obviously also pegged with a luxurious price tag and apartment blocks are built so packed that you can see what your neighbor is having for dinner.
Say what you want but at least there is HDB ownership for most people in SG and things are still not too bad.

At least for many here, there is JB, which is only 10 mins away, where things are still relative cheaper to stretch your dollar.
One of my friend with a big family who lives near Woodlands, regularly replenish his groceries, seafood, veggies and sometimes smuggled a chicken or two and of cos petrol in JB, saving him a few hundred bucks every month.
But don't be too happy cos prices are already rising fast and many JB residents are actually blaming the "foreigners" for causing the high prices!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rising cost of living is universal, just that some places are rising in a speedier way.
In Japan, a regular employee has to take more than an hour in a train to get to work daily.
The size of a standard 3rm HDB flat is luxurious size in HK, obviously also pegged with a luxurious price tag and apartment blocks are built so packed that you can see what your neighbor is having for dinner.
Say what you want but at least there is HDB ownership for most people in SG and things are still not too bad.

At least for many here, there is JB, which is only 10 mins away, where things are still relative cheaper to stretch your dollar.
One of my friend with a big family who lives near Woodlands, regularly replenish his groceries, seafood, veggies and sometimes smuggled a chicken or two and of cos petrol in JB, saving him a few hundred bucks every month.
But don't be too happy cos prices are already rising fast and many JB residents are actually blaming the "foreigners" for causing the high prices!

Yep things are getting expensive in Johor, last week had dim sum lunch with my two kids at D'Shanghai restaurant at KSL, the bill came up to RM90, and no, I didn't have abalone or anything, just normal har kao, siew mai kind of stuff.

Later brought my girl to do her hair, cut, treatment and dye, one salon quoted me RM600 plus, I was angry and told the guy that she is a student, if they want to chop, please chop the stupid gullible working sinkie women.

Johor is unlivable if you earn RM.

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there are half a million Malaysians (exclude PRs) working in SG earning SGD. A big portion of them do live and spend in JB. Maybe thats why prices have gone up.

Yep things are getting expensive in Johor, last week had dim sum lunch with my two kids at D'Shanghai restaurant at KSL, the bill came up to RM90, and no, I didn't have abalone or anything, just normal har kao, siew mai kind of stuff.

Later brought my girl to do her hair, cut, treatment and dye, one salon quoted me RM600 plus, I was angry and told the guy that she is a student, if they want to chop, please chop the stupid gullible working sinkie women.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there are half a million Malaysians (exclude PRs) working in SG earning SGD. A big portion of them do live and spend in JB. Maybe thats why prices have gone up.

Agree, look at the jams on both links on any weekday morning and nights and you can see what you are saying.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 90 and you are complaining? Aiyoh its just S$30 for a restaurant meal my friend. I had lunch at Crystal Jade with a friend last week in Singapore and its already S$60!

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jams do clear up much faster on weekdays than weekends even though the Q is very very long. Try it for a few days and you will know what I mean.

Agree, look at the jams on both links on any weekday morning and nights and you can see what you are saying.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 90 and you are complaining? Aiyoh its just S$30 for a restaurant meal my friend. I had lunch at Crystal Jade with a friend last week in Singapore and its already S$60!

Whenever my family go Singapore I very scared to eat at food court one...always thinking wah lau this only cost RMxx in JB!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

So much of the blame must go to locals earning foreigners' pay! LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unless one is thinking of migrating, Iskandar will definitely be a good choice because it doesn't require you to leave all of SG behind esp the SG job/pay, and does not require you to apply for some PR or special permit to stay in JB. The social visit stamp of 30 days would suffice. And things are still significantly cheaper relative to Singapore. The only gripe is the peak hours gridlock. Once that is reduced, as eradicating jams is impossible, it is very likely that more Singaporeans will move over...In gangnam style!

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

not foreigners but foreign dollars which plenty of johoreans also have. many malay johoreans who work in spore are also not complaining. still johor state might just make changes again to please their people but not too ridiculous as they have to answer to the sultan who is quite pro biz. anyway not everything is cheap if u r going for branded food and merchandise even a hairdo. my car repairer in spore told me one must know where to buy things. so learn from the locals. meantine my kids could just simply take ac7 to and fro to citysquare to have their korean meals there and then proceed to lim ah hock rd to have their fav cuppa.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is expensive for a breakfast there. Such a meal should should cost RM60, cannot compare with Crystal Jade way overpriced garbage food.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is expensive for a breakfast there. Such a meal should should cost RM60, cannot compare with Crystal Jade way overpriced garbage food.

Food is really subjective la my friend. S$30 for a family meal in a rest up north and I don't think I will ever whine about the "expensive" price.. to me its decent and cheap. S$30 no joke hor

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food is really subjective la my friend. S$30 for a family meal in a rest up north and I don't think I will ever whine about the "expensive" price.. to me its decent and cheap. S$30 no joke hor

It's really not expensive. Especially for someone who has been to the moon and back with property investing.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If JB is so much expensive with overpriced garbage food, there shouldn't be jams in and out on a daily basis. Am I right to say that? If JB food is indeed priced ridiculously and tastleless, we should have a hassle free entry and exit into JB. So where do all the cars come from?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should do bills payment online if you can. But my water bills used to be just S$10. I used up my water tank every Sunday when I switch on the running tap at my car pouch to wash my car for 1 hour plus without switching off. Every other day I spend like 10 minutes to flood my car pouch with water and water my trees. Just RM 25 at most. In Singapore I believe it should cost about S$80. So even if I were to Q to pay, I don't think I will be complaining when its so damn bloody cheap. I am living a high life in JB.

Robbers? Never see before leh. I know for sure in Singapore many robbers wear white in broad daylight.

Working at their own sweet time is the norm in MY, especially so in govt. offices.
Once I went to Indah Waters to pay some bills, and I was the only customer.
I went up to the cashier counter to pay but that aunty with headdress, who was not doing anything, pointed to the queue no. dispenser gesturing me to take a number.
So I took a queue number and wait for about almost 10 mins and my number appeared at the same aunty's counter and I WAS THE ONLY CUSTOMER THERE!!!
She actually decides when to serve you!