• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/en/p...ampaign=dailynews-23Dec2015&utm_content=links

True to his contrarian outlook as usual, Dato’ Sri Gavin Tee predicts that from 2018, the property market in Malaysia will start to come out of the doldrums and hit its peak between 2018 and 2020, after which the market will settle into a matured phase between 2025 and 2030. Prior to that bright period, however, the country will see its worst market performance in 2016 since the past 8 years.

Speaking recently at the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Swhengtee Group, PropertyGuru and Sin Chew in conjunction with the Swhengtee Real Estate Investment EXPO KL 2016, the property consultant said that his forecast is divided into 3-time frames:

2016 – the worst time of past 8 years in terms of market performance.
2018 to 2020 – Malaysia will hit peak time; enjoy its boom time!
2025 to 2030 – Property market will reach matured stage where many places would have been developed and urbanised (e.g: Iskandar Region).

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must admit I am not well versed in international law. I know that China officially received the surrender of SCS islands from Japan in accordance with the ww2 surrender documents signed. As I understand, historical basis is one of main precedents in deciding many past island disputes by international court. UNCLOS provides legal basis and guide to mainly deciding eez and territorial water. UNCLOS has no jurisdiction over sovereignty dispute of islands. I wonder what basis philippines and vietnam have in claiming SCS islands if they don't use historical basis? It would be curious to know what basis europeans have to claim Americas, Australia, NZ,...; and US claim over Hawaii, British over Diego Garcia, Falklands,...

My read is historical basis is used in cases where no better or practicable basis is available like international agreements such as the legal precedents that exist today. Surely europeans could not be asked to return Americas, Australia, nz,.... to the natives of the places bases on historical basis.

I won't comment again, or we'll definitely be rapped across the hands for straying off topic! You can only claim an EEZ if islands are inhabited...Being as these were submerged, they certainly were not. Therefore you can only claim 'territorial waters' which amount to an area surrounding the marine feature of 12 miles only around it. I don't think anyone can reasonably claim that China announcing the entire South China sea as theirs is reasonable on that basis.

Yeah - Hawaii is a strange one...

Falklands get to be British as all the inhabitants universally declared a desire to be British...which the League of Nations and now UN decide to be the 'right to self determination'. Your points on Australia, New Zealand and America are spot-on. In the modern world, no-one would describe a land-grab like that as just or fair. That's why a modern day grab seems to be something of a throwback. The Europeans aren't claiming America, Australia or New Zealand, they are their own entities which have since been 'colonized', much as China is colonizing Tibet with Han Chinese. I don't think many Europeans would proud of what happened in those areas.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't comment again, or we'll definitely be rapped across the hands for straying off topic! You can only claim an EEZ if islands are inhabited...Being as these were submerged, they certainly were not. Therefore you can only claim 'territorial waters' which amount to an area surrounding the marine feature of 12 miles only around it. I don't think anyone can reasonably claim that China announcing the entire South China sea as theirs is reasonable on that basis.

Yeah - Hawaii is a strange one...

Falklands get to be British as all the inhabitants universally declared a desire to be British...which the League of Nations and now UN decide to be the 'right to self determination'. Your points on Australia, New Zealand and America are spot-on. In the modern world, no-one would describe a land-grab like that as just or fair. That's why a modern day grab seems to be something of a throwback. The Europeans aren't claiming America, Australia or New Zealand, they are their own entities which have since been 'colonized', much as China is colonizing Tibet with Han Chinese. I don't think many Europeans would proud of what happened in those areas.

It is off topic but I should clarify
There are 2 main issues in SCS dispute:

1. Sovereignty of Scs islands and features

2. Territorial and eez waters entitled

It does not mean China loses sovereignty over the islands because there is dispute over China's claim on territorial and eez waters

There are thousands of SCS islands and features in SCS and certainly not a few submerged feature during high tide, especially those with airfields by philippines and Vietnam. There is international basis to claim all SCS islands and features as archipelago. Philippines declaration of independence by the US after ww2 clearly stated its boundary which did not include SCS islands.

Last edited:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
At Puteri Harbour?

IW6BN.gif

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest construction updates from Encorp:

T1 - Up to level 15
T2 - Up to level 17
Linkway between T2A and T2B is completed

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imperia took approximately 1.5 yrs to complete construction and TOP, after the building was erected to the top level (35th storey skydeck).

Just sharing.

By end 2018 we should be seeing some more condos being TOP such as the sea fronting SMR and PCC. The private marina clubhouse to be managed by One 15 will be ready alongside the Convention Centre. However I wont be surprised if they are ready in 2020. By then we hope to know what is in store in the empty land currently occupied by the open air carpark.

Its exciting just to be thinking of it. Of course, critics can give any comments they like. From day 1 when me and a group of investors friends drove into PH at 3am one night in 2009 or 2010, none of the buildings along the Medini main road were completed. Its a lonely, errie drive to PH entrance and one cant even enter PH. And I still remember we see a few WILD BOARs running around looking for breakfast just within the ROUNDAbout leading to PH!!
LEGOLAND is not even completed. PH was just a huge chunk of bare land except for one miserable guard who was enjoying his easy paycheck.

How times files! In 5-7 years years time only, soooo many amazing structures are up and some are on-going. From a 1 man area it has become a thousand who thronged it every other day and night.

In another 5-7 years time, the 2nd wave is coming and my fellow PH investors friends ( many of whom are stationed around Malaysia ) just cant wait. Good news are coming in every other month.

At the other side of JB, grim news are grabbing the headlines. MRT break downs la, dying patients had to lie and die along govt hospital corridors la, commuters being squeezed out of mrts and buses during peak hour la.. not enough houses and suddenly too many houses la etc. Tiger airway ( national budget carrier ) kena screwed and bashed badly by Airasia and had to be bailed out by SIA la. SIA also suffering from poor profits la... PSA volumes dropping by shit every other month etc etc. Many years ago, SIA and PSA were #1. No horse run. Now even the textbooks don't dare to mention liao. At this rate the volumes are dropping, in another 20-30 years time PSA and SIA is just an ordinary seaport and airlines. So they better buck up and reverse their fortunes.

So sorry to state the stats and the truth here. Many loyal Singaporeans here I can sense are grabbing their SAR21 to point at me. But you know what, the truth sometimes hurts.

Its really sad just to think how these past 5-10 years has changed the lives of people in a First World country.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had some drinks at PH to usher in the new year with some new American friends from Halliburton. PH is amazing and has lots of potential in it. I have been to Country Garden in Danga Bay and realise its too fake. I guess Forest City wont be anywhere better. If you must visit Forest City, make sure u visit Yeo Restoran for some nice food. View is good but food is so-so.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
May 2016 be a better year than 2015 for everyone here. Look forward to celebrating Christmas 2016 and New Year 2017 in PH.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been watching Marco Polo on Netflix, produced at Pinetree Studios, nice work.
I think 2016 will be tough, oil economies such as Malaysia will have a hard time. Property prices will suffer, but I am in for personal use and long term, there will always be bad years and cycles, I will wait it out. 2024-26 is my timeline, oil will be back hopefully the high speed rail is done, I can decide keep it and fully live then retire here, or sell and retire back in North America (not all my decision though)
Happy 2016 the year Teega is to be complete (I hope for 3-4 months delay but it does not appear that will happen). But though it will be a tough year, I look forward to progress in PH, private marina built, yacht club started, now I guess is time to decide, join golf course or yacht club.... Happy 2016 to whatever it will bring, it is just one year in many to come for me.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been watching Marco Polo on Netflix, produced at Pinetree Studios, nice work.
I think 2016 will be tough, oil economies such as Malaysia will have a hard time. Property prices will suffer, but I am in for personal use and long term, there will always be bad years and cycles, I will wait it out. 2024-26 is my timeline, oil will be back hopefully the high speed rail is done, I can decide keep it and fully live then retire here, or sell and retire back in North America (not all my decision though)
Happy 2016 the year Teega is to be complete (I hope for 3-4 months delay but it does not appear that will happen). But though it will be a tough year, I look forward to progress in PH, private marina built, yacht club started, now I guess is time to decide, join golf course or yacht club.... Happy 2016 to whatever it will bring, it is just one year in many to come for me.

Little article in the edge reckons prices in 'greater puteri' are holding up well: http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/property-prices-iskandar-malaysia-hold-steady-mixed-market

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, as a loyal Singaporean, who would be happy and still smile at your comments, especialy the last part.

All along, I like this thread because it does not pinpoint on nationalities. Any further discussions in a wrong direction might not be healthy.

Both side need each other, either side fail does not make the other side better.

By end 2018 we should be seeing some more condos being TOP such as the sea fronting SMR and PCC. The private marina clubhouse to be managed by One 15 will be ready alongside the Convention Centre. However I wont be surprised if they are ready in 2020. By then we hope to know what is in store in the empty land currently occupied by the open air carpark.

Its exciting just to be thinking of it. Of course, critics can give any comments they like. From day 1 when me and a group of investors friends drove into PH at 3am one night in 2009 or 2010, none of the buildings along the Medini main road were completed. Its a lonely, errie drive to PH entrance and one cant even enter PH. And I still remember we see a few WILD BOARs running around looking for breakfast just within the ROUNDAbout leading to PH!!
LEGOLAND is not even completed. PH was just a huge chunk of bare land except for one miserable guard who was enjoying his easy paycheck.

How times files! In 5-7 years years time only, soooo many amazing structures are up and some are on-going. From a 1 man area it has become a thousand who thronged it every other day and night.

In another 5-7 years time, the 2nd wave is coming and my fellow PH investors friends ( many of whom are stationed around Malaysia ) just cant wait. Good news are coming in every other month.

At the other side of JB, grim news are grabbing the headlines. MRT break downs la, dying patients had to lie and die along govt hospital corridors la, commuters being squeezed out of mrts and buses during peak hour la.. not enough houses and suddenly too many houses la etc. Tiger airway ( national budget carrier ) kena screwed and bashed badly by Airasia and had to be bailed out by SIA la. SIA also suffering from poor profits la... PSA volumes dropping by shit every other month etc etc. Many years ago, SIA and PSA were #1. No horse run. Now even the textbooks don't dare to mention liao. At this rate the volumes are dropping, in another 20-30 years time PSA and SIA is just an ordinary seaport and airlines. So they better buck up and reverse their fortunes.

So sorry to state the stats and the truth here. Many loyal Singaporeans here I can sense are grabbing their SAR21 to point at me. But you know what, the truth sometimes hurts.

Its really sad just to think how these past 5-10 years has changed the lives of people in a First World country.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good News for PH in Nusajaya.

2 high-speed train services to Singapore, says operator

The Malaysian Insider
4 January, 2016
Both the Malaysian and Singaporean governments have come to a consensus on the alignment of the 330km high-speed rail (HSR) linking Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, and have decided on two services, one being a direct service linking Kuala Lumpur to the island republic, and another with transit stops in between.
“We are envisioning to start with two services – one that will go directly to Singapore, and another that will stop with transit services in Bandar Malaysia, Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat and Nusajaya, and then [across the causeway to] Singapore... even with the stops in between, we will have express services that do not stop,” MyHSR Corp Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal told The Edge Financial Daily in an exclusive interview.
MyHSR Corp, which is wholly owned by the Finance Ministry, was given the mandate to develop and promote the HSR project, and is the project delivery vehicle accountable for the definition of the technical and commercial aspects of the project.
While the dedicated direct train is slated to take 90 minutes linking the two cities, the other with six transit stops in Malaysia should take about two hours, depending on the customs and immigration processes.
“As of now, the transit services will have to stop in Nusajaya, but for the direct service, you clear both customs and immigration checks [only once] in either Kuala Lumpur or Singapore... like the Eurostar between London and Paris,” Nur Ismal said.
On other key areas which have yet to be decided, such as the cost of the infrastructure project, which is said to be testing the RM70 billion mark now, Muhd Nur Ismal was non-committal and dispelled all the figures being bandied about as mere “speculation”.
“We are still in the midst of discussion with Singapore. We are trying to decide on the common grounds, the approach to tendering... this will determine if it is a government design-and-build contract or if certain parts are being done in other manners. So, it’s still not decided,” he said.
On whether there is a time frame or time limit as to when to finalise the key issues of the HSR, he said: “We have to come up with the best decisions for both countries... that are of high priority. However long it takes to get to the right decision, we will do it.”
Talks between officials of the two governments have been ongoing for some time now, but little information has been divulged. About three months ago, the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) and Singapore’s Land Transport Authority jointly launched a request for information (RFI) exercise to test industry opinion and gauge market interest in aspects of the HSR project.
This RFI exercise was mainly to gauge the perception of the general populace, in the event certain specifics are opted for.
Due to the high contract values, there has also been much lobbying by the Japanese and Chinese HSR players, both angling for the potentially large lucrative job. In the background, the South Koreans are also jostling for the large-scale job, while a clutch of European companies are understood to be setting up a consortium, also eyeing the job.
In a presentation by China Railway in December last year, the price tag of the Kuala Lumpur to Singapore HSR was pegged at RM70 billion, up from RM65 billion a few months ago, and up from a price tag of RM40 billion in May.
Questions over the supposedly high price tag have been raised lately, as about nine years ago, in 2007, conglomerate YTL and its technical partner, Germany’s Siemens AG, put in a proposal to build the HSR or bullet train linking Kuala Lumpur to Singapore at a cost of only RM8 billion. How the price of the HSR has escalated to the current level of RM70 billion is not clear. – The Edge Markets, January 4, 2016.

Of course, as a loyal Singaporean, who would be happy and still smile at your comments, especialy the last part.

All along, I like this thread because it does not pinpoint on nationalities. Any further discussions in a wrong direction might not be healthy.

Both side need each other, either side fail does not make the other side better.