• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Psi

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are all dying *cough cough*

Hitting the 400 very soon...KNN The Smell Of Death descending upon this country!!!

11958085_10153279003182572_8608551361618163851_o.jpg

10380636_10153165965812934_9111616022185456976_o.jpg

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN getting worse and worse!!!

12019822_10153166020022934_3290157903582028465_n.jpg

I really wonder how those culprits can sleep well or even live well with conscience.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
haze-2015-firefighter-in-data.jpg

the unsung hero

haze-2015-teenage-data.jpg

stop complaining
these young boys are volunteers helping to fight fires

the psi is in the range of thousands!!!

haze-2015-volunteers-and-data.jpg

haze-2015-firefighters-data.jpg

Last edited:

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Schools to close on Friday due to worsening haze situation: MOE

SINGAPORE: As hazy conditions in Singapore continue to worsen, schools in Singapore will be closed on Friday, Sep 25, the Education Ministry announced on Thursday (Sep 24).

At a technical media briefing on Thursday evening, Education Minister Heng Swee Keat said the decision was made as a precaution, as air quality could enter Hazardous levels.

Mr Heng added that due to the late notice, parents who are unable to make alternative care arrangements can continue to send their children to school. Teachers will continue to report for duty, and students will be placed in suitable facilities such as libraries and enclosed spaces, Mr Heng said. He added that school-based student care centres will remain open.

The Education Minister added that the GCE 'O' level practical examination for Music, originally to be held on Friday, will be rescheduled to Tuesday, Sep 29. More than 100 students are affected and are being notified by schools, while private candidates are being notified by examination boards, he said.

Mr Heng also said the Early Childhood Development Agency has decided that activities in childcare centres and kindergartens will be scaled down due to the haze conditions.

WORSENING HAZE DUE TO CHANGE IN WIND DIRECTION: DR VIVIAN BALAKRISHNAN

During the technical briefing, Minister for Environment and Water Resources Vivian Balakrishnan said worsening haze conditions were due to a tropical storm in the Western Pacific, somewhere to the east of Philippines, which caused a change in wind direction.

Dr Balakrishnan said the situation is of "special concern" as the denser part of the haze cloud is slightly to the south of Singapore. As winds continue to blow from the south and southwest, Dr Balakrishnan said the denser haze cloud is encroaching into Singapore, leading to a volatile but progressively worsening condition on Thursday.

The 24-hour PSI has been trending upwards since 6am, according to data from NEA. At 7pm on Thursday evening, the 3-hour PSI went past the 300-mark for the first time this year, coming in at 313. The 24-hour PSI at 8pm was 215-263, in the Very Unhealthy range.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/schools-to-close-on/2147982.html

Last edited:

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Schools to close on Friday due to worsening haze situation: MOE

SINGAPORE: As hazy conditions in Singapore continue to worsen, schools in Singapore will be closed on Friday, Sep 25, the Education Ministry announced on Thursday (Sep 24).

At a technical media briefing on Thursday evening, Education Minister Heng Swee Keat said the decision was made as a precaution, as air quality could enter Hazardous levels.

Mr Heng added that due to the late notice, parents who are unable to make alternative care arrangements can continue to send their children to school. Teachers will continue to report for duty, and students will be placed in suitable facilities such as libraries and enclosed spaces, Mr Heng said. He added that school-based student care centres will remain open.

The Education Minister added that the GCE 'O' level practical examination for Music, originally to be held on Friday, will be rescheduled to Tuesday, Sep 29. More than 100 students are affected and are being notified by schools, while private candidates are being notified by examination boards, he said.

Mr Heng also said the Early Childhood Development Agency has decided that activities in childcare centres and kindergartens will be scaled down due to the haze conditions.

WORSENING HAZE DUE TO CHANGE IN WIND DIRECTION: DR VIVIAN BALAKRISHNAN

During the technical briefing, Minister for Environment and Water Resources Vivian Balakrishnan said worsening haze conditions were due to a tropical storm in the Western Pacific, somewhere to the east of Philippines, which caused a change in wind direction.

Dr Balakrishnan said the situation is of "special concern" as the denser part of the haze cloud is slightly to the south of Singapore. As winds continue to blow from the south and southwest, Dr Balakrishnan said the denser haze cloud is encroaching into Singapore, leading to a volatile but progressively worsening condition on Thursday.

The 24-hour PSI has been trending upwards since 6am, according to data from NEA. At 7pm on Thursday evening, the 3-hour PSI went past the 300-mark for the first time this year, coming in at 313. The 24-hour PSI at 8pm was 215-263, in the Very Unhealthy range.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/schools-to-close-on/2147982.html

Teachers are front line workers and baby sitters.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/blob/2146168/1443005243000/

The young boy is conveying a message - You'll Never Haze Alone

[/QUOTE]

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/blob/2146168/1443005243000/

The young boy is conveying a message - You'll Never Haze Alone

[/QUOTE]

Indonesia is too much. They put the people life in risk.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just took antibiotics.
it really helps.
i stay indoor and went to buy toys for my children as they have to stay indoor too.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A precautionary note to the readers here. The PSI from our govt cannot be relied on. First off, they combined the readings for PM10 and PM2.5, which is rubbish because they are particles of totally different size and effect. Secondly, they provide PSI on a 3 hourly average which will smooth down numbers unless it persists.

Absolutely. The hourly PSI report was taken off in 2013 when it went above 400 for the first time in local history. My friend working in NEA said that they were instructed to report any reading above 400 as only 400 to avoid mass dissatisfaction from parents of schoolchildren, work stoppage and dampening investors' confidence, all of which will affect the economy and hence the ministers' GDP bonus.:rolleyes:

This reminds me of Qatar, where summer temperatures routinely hit 55ºC or more, but the meteorological station is only to report a max of 50ºC, because legislation states all construction work must come to a halt if temperature goes beyond 50ºC.

As I say, the 70% has voted for this lack of transparency – they deserve to suffer the consequences.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely. The hourly PSI report was taken off in 2013 when it went above 400 for the first time in local history. My friend working in NEA said that they were instructed to report any reading above 400 as only 400 to avoid mass dissatisfaction from parents of schoolchildren, work stoppage and dampening investors' confidence, all of which will affect the economy and hence the ministers' GDP bonus.:rolleyes:

This reminds me of Qatar, where summer temperatures routinely hit 55ºC or more, but the meteorological station is only to report a max of 50ºC, because legislation states all construction work must come to a halt if temperature goes beyond 50ºC.

As I say, the 70% has voted for this lack of transparency – they deserve to suffer the consequences.

today i see the sky is very blur. i doubt 3 hour PSI only 160 lo