• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property prices. Crash coming?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the fucking PAP will do anything to keep property prices up....if it corrects this year because of the global slowdown it might spell the very end of their Housing/CPF Ponzi scheme....!!!!!

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had been quite sometime since the cooling measure. Prices had been steady with a little climb. Heard another cooling measure is in the pipeline? Can't they understand that measures which benefit the garment always fail?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB flats going for a million bucks you doomsayers kpkb say property market crashing?
Knn must be red eye fellows who missed the boat!
Hail pap more good years....sinkieland most expensive in the world soon!

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB flats going for a million bucks you doomsayers kpkb say property market crashing?
Knn must be red eye fellows who missed the boat!
Hail pap more good years....sinkieland most expensive in the world soon!

Prices always go over the top before big crashes.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pardon my mouth, but I feel that if there is a crash.. it may not be a bad thing for the majority of us.

Those who have the cash to hold multiple poperties will suffer if and when a crash happens. Those who borrowed and held onto properties will also suffer.. but I don't think the majority.. those who try their best to buy a home for their families, will suffer alot.

The rich who have alot of properties might suffer, but it's the ones who borrow a lot to hold onto properties that really will get the brunt of it.

However, lower prices might not benefit the majority.. as the rich will probably have a better chance of getting their hands on cheaper housing more easily than the middle income earners.

.. nonetheless.. a crash will definitely bring about alot of changes.. cos alot of ppl will scream and shout.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is all created by PAP. Dun believe that it is market force becuase PAP control both supply and demand for the property.

If they want to curb it, they can implement something similar to the cars and immediately. They do not want it down and are just implementing "light" curbing as they also do not want to affect their own investment portfolio. From the kind of implementation that they are doing, you know they do not want it to go down, just stablise.

The only thing they cannot control are the external factors and foreigners pull their money out from the country.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is all created by PAP. Dun believe that it is market force becuase PAP control both supply and demand for the property.

If they want to curb it, they can implement something similar to the cars and immediately. They do not want it down and are just implementing "light" curbing as they also do not want to affect their own investment portfolio. From the kind of implementation that they are doing, you know they do not want it to go down, just stablise.

The only thing they cannot control are the external factors and foreigners pull their money out from the country.

Yes pappies hold all the aces and sinkieland is a small place.
Short of WW3 or some global financial meltdown....do not expect property price to crash. Pappies will do wherever it takes to prop it up.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
A crash will have more negative impact than positive ones? But prices cannot simply go up up and away right?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you purchase to stay, a plunge in property price will have zero impact on you, unless you are retiring and plan to do reverse mortgage or sell.

The speculators are the ones who will bare the brunt of a crash. These speculators include lots of buddies of the PAP. So, a crash is greatly appreciated.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cow say HDB will be 30% cheaper. What impact do you think this will have?

It will also be 30% smaller.

My 4rm HDB bought in 1998 is 1080 sq ft.
Now the 5 rm is 1100 sq ft.

They sell 5 rm price; but you bought the size of a 1990s 4 rm flat.

Those Mickey Mouse (shoe box) units in Geylang; 4 bedroom only 700 sq ft.
A 2 bedrm unit in Trevista Toa Payoh is 865-915 sq ft

I think the Government should price HDB in PSF price. Rather than lump sum pricing.

You may pay $400,000 for a 5 bedroom in future; but the size can be effectively 3-4 bedrooms sizes.

PS: Sorry for the confusing post.....haha.......I am just trying to point out government playing the magic number game.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True and false.....

If price go up, at least you have option to downgrade. (harder to downgrade when price keep falling)

But risk takers have been making a killing all this year. I remember a Russian queue in front of me and bought 3 floors of The Sail in Marina Bay + a PH unit too. I am so impress........

If you purchase to stay, a plunge in property price will have zero impact on you, unless you are retiring and plan to do reverse mortgage or sell.

The speculators are the ones who will bare the brunt of a crash. These speculators include lots of buddies of the PAP. So, a crash is greatly appreciated.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True and false.....

If price go up, at least you have option to downgrade. (harder to downgrade when price keep falling)

But risk takers have been making a killing all this year. I remember a Russian queue in front of me and bought 3 floors of The Sail in Marina Bay + a PH unit too. I am so impress........

Russian can buy 3 whole floors? Involved with the mob?
No wonder there have been allegations that SG is a hot place for money laundering.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt seems to be throwing multiple light punches at the property market. Maybe they should allow sinkees to own 2 HDB so that they can rent out one. Such policy which benefit the locals will see the market prices stabilizing and is definitely more effective.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time only $950 psf. Now with $950 you only buy in Woodland.

Heard the buyer almost got killed in Russia by assassin. After that incident; he move to Singapore.

Russian can buy 3 whole floors? Involved with the mob?
No wonder there have been allegations that SG is a hot place for money laundering.

Last edited: