• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property prices. Crash coming?

D

Deleted member 80916

Thank you for the clarification and correction. I am really out dated. My memory stopped at 2000 where PL was one of few survivors after the property crash.

Does anyone remember developer, Ban Hin Leong ?
Wonder what are the relatives/decendents doing these days,....?

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone remember developer, Ban Hin Leong ?
Wonder what are the relatives/decendents doing these days,....?

after getting royally fucked thoroughly by UOB ....probably all went their own ways liao...

they were a really good developer with champion finish and good worksmanship.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i notice freehold units are harder to come by now. most new condo launches only have 99 years, which is shitty, rather buy hdb 99 year pigeon hole with all the grants.

jennyparsons

I am an IT Manager want to invest in Landed property in Singapore was a PR, if you had a good job, and had volunteered time to some govt agencies so was a good applicant had to fill up a simple application with the LDU (land development authority), pay a nominal fee, and that was it. Permission was granted with the stipulations that couldn't sell for 3 years and I couldn't rent it out.I had no issues with my application so don't really know what troubles you might encounter ?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB prices had soften but private prices still maintaining. Got to be a few more years before it start going up again.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i notice freehold units are harder to come by now. most new condo launches only have 99 years, which is shitty, rather buy hdb 99 year pigeon hole with all the grants.

60 year leasehold have landed....
Next you will see 30, 45 year leasehold....
Sign of the times. Thanks to pap.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prices finally edging down. But how far? Few months ago see lots of GCB being sold. Already feel something is wrong. Those people always gets first hand news. Now GCB affected most.

TheGreatWhite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prices finally edging down. But how far? Few months ago see lots of GCB being sold. Already feel something is wrong. Those people always gets first hand news. Now GCB affected most.

Only a bit down, this kind how to be considered a crash. Besides, some new developments still keep getting snapped up.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only a bit down, this kind how to be considered a crash. Besides, some new developments still keep getting snapped up.

Tuayapeh says thats exactly what every property agent is saying right now.....keep on talking .....

Lol

Happy new year everybody!!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key lies in interest rates.
Those who bought in the last few years are seeing net returns from their rentals of 3% or less.
When interest cost goes above 3% ( a matter of time), the investors (those buying for rentals) will cash out.
With the Fed sticking with stimulus reduction and China's economy weakening, its a matter of time.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whether usa interest rates go up or not..y should spore follow? when property prices were going up like no tomorrow interes rates remain low..now with house prices cooling n times becomming worse it will b stupid to raise interest rates.

The key lies in interest rates.
Those who bought in the last few years are seeing net returns from their rentals of 3% or less.
When interest cost goes above 3% ( a matter of time), the investors (those buying for rentals) will cash out.
With the Fed sticking with stimulus reduction and China's economy weakening, its a matter of time.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
whether usa interest rates go up or not..y should spore follow? when property prices were going up like no tomorrow interes rates remain low..now with house prices cooling n times becomming worse it will b stupid to raise interest rates.

alot of people here talk through and think with their ass. it is as if they are hoping that the sky owuld not fall. 6 months ago I predicted(and posted in this forum) the interest rates rise as USA would cut back on the fiscal measure and china economy would start to drop. alot of stupid people here wiith vested interests (who obviously bought crap in the last few years ) who are now trembling with fear and havong sleepless nights.
obviously the writing is in the wall. alot of shit is happening at the SAME time when The Federal Reserve on Wednesday decided to trim its bond purchases by another $10 billion as it stuck to a plan to wind down its extraordinary economic stimulus despite recent turmoil in emerging markets. Argentina And Venezuela Are Both In Economic Trouble. even china is in trouble when they have to bailout a failed $500m trust to avert the default of a Rmb3bn trust product backed by loans to a now-defunct coal mining company, the product’s issuer, China Credit Trust, on Monday said it had raised the cash needed to pay back investors from three unnamed backers.(sounds like indonesian banks in 1997 asian financial crises))there is talk of a Chinese shadow banking crisis is on the rise(again sounds like indonesian banks in 1997 asian financial crises). malaysian and thai baht is dropping like mad against the US dollar.
sounds familair to 1996-97 when alot of property agenst were still talking cock about $1million HDB homes.
when the feds cuts back on bond money the money woudl flow back to US out of Japan, singapore, etc and interests rates would rise as loans get more expensive. simple logic of demand and supply. you cannot print money out of thin air or create wealth out of hot air(like those stupid people and prop agents here likes to day dream)/\. i believe the crash this time would be 10 times worse. probably the worst ever we have not recover fully from the 2008 crises(alot of european countries are still in debt and recession). when alot of people cry mother father I would laugh my asss off.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/29/us-usa-fed-idUSBREA0S0CL20140129
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/be50630c-8977-11e3-abc4-00144feab7de.html#axzz2ryGWY9pY
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101370538

Last edited:

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
alot of people here talk through and think with their ass. it is as if they are hoping that the sky owuld not fall. 6 months ago I predicted(and posted in this forum) the interest rates rise as USA would cut back on the fiscal measure and china economy would start to drop. alot of stupid people here wiith vested interests (who obviously bought crap in the last few years ) who are now trembling with fear and havong sleepless nights.
obviously the writing is in the wall. alot of shit is happening at the SAME time when The Federal Reserve on Wednesday decided to trim its bond purchases by another $10 billion as it stuck to a plan to wind down its extraordinary economic stimulus despite recent turmoil in emerging markets. Argentina And Venezuela Are Both In Economic Trouble. even china is in trouble when they have to bailout a failed $500m trust to avert the default of a Rmb3bn trust product backed by loans to a now-defunct coal mining company, the product’s issuer, China Credit Trust, on Monday said it had raised the cash needed to pay back investors from three unnamed backers.(sounds like indonesian banks in 1997 asian financial crises))there is talk of a Chinese shadow banking crisis is on the rise(again sounds like indonesian banks in 1997 asian financial crises). malaysian and thai baht is dropping like mad against the US dollar.
sounds familair to 1996-97 when alot of property agenst were still talking cock about $1million HDB homes.
when the feds cuts back on bond money the money woudl flow back to US out of Japan, singapore, etc and interests rates would rise as loans get more expensive. simple logic of demand and supply. you cannot print money out of thin air or create wealth out of hot air(like those stupid people and prop agents here likes to day dream)/\. i believe the crash this time would be 10 times worse. probably the worst ever we have not recover fully from the 2008 crises(alot of european countries are still in debt and recession). when alot of people cry mother father I would laugh my asss off.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/29/us-usa-fed-idUSBREA0S0CL20140129
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/be50630c-8977-11e3-abc4-00144feab7de.html#axzz2ryGWY9pY
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101370538

How many here own their own properties? Honestly, if you own just one property, and use it for own occupation, price up or down does not really matter.
there will be people who have missed the boat to buy earlier and are wishing for prices to drop so that they can get properties cheap. The problem is true investors and the people in the market look at more than just prices and the occasional report. If the land cost sales are going at a certain price and construction cost is another, how low can prices drop?
Being hopeful for low price is understandable but looking around, if you are making your own life decisions, you will know you can't and shouldn't miss out on home ownership. If its your first property for home stay, just go ahead to commit. None of the people i know who bought their first property regretted it. HDB or private. And I know quite many property owners.

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many here own their own properties? Honestly, if you own just one property, and use it for own occupation, price up or down does not really matter.
there will be people who have missed the boat to buy earlier and are wishing for prices to drop so that they can get properties cheap. The problem is true investors and the people in the market look at more than just prices and the occasional report. If the land cost sales are going at a certain price and construction cost is another, how low can prices drop?
Being hopeful for low price is understandable but looking around, if you are making your own life decisions, you will know you can't and shouldn't miss out on home ownership. If its your first property for home stay, just go ahead to commit. None of the people i know who bought their first property regretted it. HDB or private. And I know quite many property owners.

He's probably referring to people who own more than 1 property, especially those who use rents to cover installments.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's probably referring to people who own more than 1 property, especially those who use rents to cover installments.

obviously he doesn't know there is a term called "flippers" and hoggers. these people are sweating now. partly garmen fault for encouraging such behaviour which is nothing short of gambling. you know shit is coming when alot of property agents are getting retrenched or desperate. 50,000 agents for a small country like singapore??? useless people who does not contribute to the economy. wait till like USA, ireland or france when prices drop 50-90%!!!!!! alot of people might laugh but then that's what happened in 1996 just before the big one came and this time even New York University economist Nouriel Roubinisays the worst is yet to come for markets and the global economy . even he thinks singapore is a bubble prperty market!!!!

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Roubini-global-recession-2013/2012/11/20/id/464852
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-17-countries-with-possible-housing-bubbles/

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it seems from talking to others, many people are still waiting on the sidelines with cash. Any sign of downturn, they are going to snap it up.

Checkmate

Alfrescian
Loyal
The big crash is definitely coming but not revealed to the commoner. Try finding out from your political connected friends or Singaporeans who are very wealthy to see if they have disposed of their property portfolio. Someone I know who held three property sold all of them in the last year and staying all cash now.

Checkmate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things are not so simple like prices are decided by demand and supply. This is what the textbook tell you. Just think is it because of demand and supply which is causing prices of fish and Bak Kua to go up during CNY. It is all price manipulation which is base on accumulation and distribution.