• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property prices. Crash coming?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to a few show flat today. Prices still maintain around same level

Q bay $904 to $1150 psf
La fiesta. $ 950 to $1100 psf

Anyone think it is going for less?

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to a few show flat today. Prices still maintain around same level

Q bay $904 to $1150 psf
La fiesta. $ 950 to $1100 psf

Anyone think it is going for less?

i don't think that the latest measures will cause a crash. maintain a ceiling on the prices maybe or to slow down the crazy prices from shootng up further maybe....

the market is cleverly being manipulated because the present prices are neither sustainble nor affordable...

the crash will happen soon but it won't be within th PAP's control. the PAP will just make sure that theye can trap another bunch of potntial nkies to get deeply stuck here

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
210 Units Sold At New Condo

20130119-135849.jpg

Today's Straits Times 19.01.2013

Buyers attracted by the 5-7% discounts offered by the property developers to offset the new cooling measures.

Amosquito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prolonged widespread recessions and very bad local events eg SARS can cause the property market to fall in a big way . The recent cooling measures were done in a graduated manner and at the moment will only stem crazily rising prices. I dont see any crash especially with the cost of borrowing at such a low level.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The past two years of cooling measures serves only to gradually shift the developers profits to govt stamp duties, as developers are absorbing the increasing stamp duties.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually as mentioned, the show flats I went to not much price reduction. Price remains the same. The discounts promised are gimmicks.

Nazgul

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Crash? Don't wait for it to happen, get value for your moneys worth elsewhere. It's freaking hilarious to think that one has to pay a million bucks for a mickey mouse flat. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't think that the latest measures will cause a crash. maintain a ceiling on the prices maybe or to slow down the crazy prices from shootng up further maybe....

the market is cleverly being manipulated because the present prices are neither sustainble nor affordable...

the crash will happen soon but it won't be within th PAP's control. the PAP will just make sure that theye can trap another bunch of potntial nkies to get deeply stuck here
Was at Tampines St 1 yesterday morning and was caught in a small jam only to realise later that many cars were turning into Qbay showhouse car park. People are going crazy. Unless loan interest is increased drastically, it appears that nothing can eliminate their fear that the price will keep on rising. They have forgotten i997.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Tampines St 1 yesterday morning and was caught in a small jam only to realise later that many cars were turning into Qbay showhouse car park. People are going crazy. Unless loan interest is increased drastically, it appears that nothing can eliminate their fear that the price will keep on rising. They have forgotten i997.
Qbay has nice interior but the discount is just a gimmick. Lets see further launches elsewhere before deciding whether the cooling measures are effective. Hot money leaving Singapore and some are priced out due to extra duties. See which developers will have cold feet first.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal

We are dealing with sinkies here ...greed plus herd mentality and a forgetfulness of the suffering of massive losses makes them think they are immune

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As long as people still have jobs and interest rates remains low, market will not crash. Maybe correct a little.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All I can say is,,,

'Where have I heard this before'????? Well in 2011 I was told 2012 will be a bad year and that developers are rushing to sell cos it might drop and crash is coming and so on,,,but guess what? Prices go up even further,,,so i guess no one has got it right,,and those that want it to crash are those that have missed the boat and want to go in cheap,,

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Qbay has nice interior but the discount is just a gimmick.....
Sorry Off topic. I thought the location of Qbay is bad. Along the way, I counted 4 new developments along Tampines St 1 alone and Qbay is furthest from the upcoming MRT station. This is crazy. The traffic along that road will be dead when all are completed. I really wonder if there is really "town planning". The crowd at the food stalls there will be unimaginable in 3 years time.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry, it will surely crash this year for sure cos USD will crash.
Switzerland is already charging interest on deposits, ie you pay them interest to park your money with them.

Cheers

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't worry, it will surely crash this year for sure cos USD will crash.
Switzerland is already charging interest on deposits, ie you pay them interest to park your money with them.

Cheers

Then you short USD lor.