• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahhh Klang Valley guy, not many are so bullish like ryan khoo (who is also present on this forum too).

No, I am a KL guy.
Puteri Harbour is a holiday home for me. :smile:
My son is already 26. Daughter in college. So I am a different kettle altogether from many of you.
That's why many times disconnect from this forum.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only negative for buying, for rental no issues, don't like JB pack and go, no losses and no burdens.

So , can I rent to you when my tenant's lease expires in Dec 2016? Rm 2,500 for new corner terrace (gated and guarded). Land and Built-up are both around 2,900 sq ft, and just 15-20 mins drive to causeway....... Hehehe

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
So , can I rent to you when my tenant's lease expires in Dec 2016? Rm 2,500 for new corner terrace (gated and guarded). Land and Built-up are both around 2,900 sq ft, and just 15-20 mins drive to causeway....... Hehehe

Hi bro, you managed to rent out your place? Congrats...Was it with the agent you asked me about? How much you rented for?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, you managed to rent out your place? Congrats...Was it with the agent you asked me about? How much you rented for?

Thanks Sis for the recommendation! Yes, it's the same agent. I used 2 agents mainly, and your agent is the more 'on' one.... I rented it out for RM 2.3k.... Happy New Year by the way!

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Sis for the recommendation! Yes, it's the same agent. I used 2 agents mainly, and your agent is the more 'on' one.... I rented it out for RM 2.3k.... Happy New Year by the way!

Happy New Year to you too Bro and to everyone in the forum!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks ha ha I still have some way to go before retiring :smile: sounds nice though.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If that is your defination, I would have retired long ago... lol...(sorry, not trying to be too bashful)
Obviously everybody's interpretation is different. Financial independence is only part of the whole story. To me personally, it is about letting go. Letting go of everything to have peace at heart and enjoy the rest of your life. It is not about having enough money.

If you have to let go of everything in order to find peace, you're obviously not living your life the right way.

I found peace ages ago when I gave up the stresses of making a living and paying the bills.

It doesn't mean I do nothing. In fact there are many periods where I am even busier then before I retired. The difference is that I am doing things now for the fun of it and not because I have to.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have to let go of everything in order to find peace, you're obviously not living your life the right way.

I found peace ages ago when I gave up the stresses of making a living and paying the bills.

It doesn't mean I do nothing. In fact there are many periods where I am even busier then before I retired. The difference is that I am doing things now for the fun of it and not because I have to.

Congrats. You had fully retired. I haven't reach that stage yet.
Hopefully I will one day and dedicate myself to some social work. Even now the donations I gave orphanages is not enough. There are more I can contribute back to society. That's what I really want to do apart from enjoying my life.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Congrats. You had fully retired. I haven't reach that stage yet.
Hopefully I will one day and dedicate myself to some social work. Even now the donations I gave orphanages is not enough. There are more I can contribute back to society. That's what I really want to do apart from enjoying my life.

Do not contribute to "society". Too many are undeserving of your assistance and support.

Identify those who are in need of help within your own social circle and help them directly.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the Singapore govt screw the people by increasing population to 6.9 million. They backed off after some online rants of course and that's when Singapore economy start to falter. To me, Singapore is the best place to earn money. No horse run about it. And it is also one of the saddest place to be citizens seriously

Welcome to Nusajaya... Oops Iskandar Puteri. Singapore's resident population will likely have increased in 2030, and part of the working population would come from Johor residents via HSR/RTS.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the Singapore govt screw the people by increasing population to 6.9 million. They backed off after some online rants of course and that's when Singapore economy start to falter. To me, Singapore is the best place to earn money. No horse run about it. And it is also one of the saddest place to be citizens seriously

Good place to be citizen and earn money, but maybe not to be resident. LOL! Heard a talk where this person who claims to be well connected that new flats are furiously being built because there will be waves of immigrants coming in from nearby Asean countries. Is it time to huat liao or time to shout wah lau eh?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't scare me! My Singapore house the level got 6 units and out of the 6 there are only 2 Singapore families. The other 4 are all PRC. I simply cant believe only 1 million of our new citizens are from PRC. It should be MORE MORE MORE than that.

I love PRC.

Good place to be citizen and earn money, but maybe not to be resident. LOL! Heard a talk where this person who claims to be well connected that new flats are furiously being built because there will be waves of immigrants coming in from nearby Asean countries. Is it time to huat liao or time to shout wah lau eh?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian.

Oh no wonder.... You don't have much worries now. Children all grown up.

I assume you are already retired with good cash flow and properties in hand. Buying Iskandar is that mini luxury like how the upper class buy a BMW 5 series when a smaller car will do, or splurge on 2 new cars for their children on their birthdays. :smile:

But I tend to agree with xebay11, the risk you have now (based on your nationality and financial profile) is much lower than others (especially Singaporeans) when you buy an Iskandar property. You don't need the money and probably don't need to take a bank loan.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no wonder.... You don't have much worries now. Children all grown up.

I assume you are already retired with good cash flow and properties in hand. Buying Iskandar is that mini luxury like how the upper class buy a BMW 5 series when a smaller car will do, or splurge on 2 new cars for their children on their birthdays. :smile:

But I tend to agree with xebay11, the risk you have now (based on your nationality and financial profile) is much lower than others (especially Singaporeans) when you buy an Iskandar property. You don't need the money and probably don't need to take a bank loan.

When buying property in countries like Malaysia, which is highly protective of it's citizens, buying as citizen is less risky because they are not affected by policies "at the stroke of a pen".

Many people look down on the Malaysia Government due to its muddled policies but one thing they are very good at is protecting their land and people.