• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
When buying property in countries like Malaysia, which is highly protective of it's citizens, buying as citizen is less risky because they are not affected by policies "at the stroke of a pen".

Many people look down on the Malaysia Government due to its muddled policies but one thing they are very good at is protecting their land and people.

Actually I think for Singaporeans many things can also change at a stroke of a pen if our PAP govt choose to. One stroke and minimum sum increase.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I think for Singaporeans many things can also change at a stroke of a pen if our PAP govt choose to. One stroke and minimum sum increase.

Did I ever say Singapore government was good at looking after it's people?

Singapore government punishes people for being Singaporeans.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sgcount, I still work from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Not retired and long way to come. Properties, yes have quite a few on rentals.
I don't like BMWs. I prefer the other one.
My son drive a Kia which he pay installments on his own.
Yes, it is a small luxury for my PH condo. Sometimes men like to pamper themselves a bit. And last thing you ever do is to buy a property paid in cash in Malaysia. But personally I do not take any risky property investment. No money no buy. If buy then buy the best you can possibly can.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sgcount, I still work from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Not retired and long way to come. Properties, yes have quite a few on rentals.
I don't like BMWs. I prefer the other one.
My son drive a Kia which he pay installments on his own.
Yes, it is a small luxury for my PH condo. Sometimes men like to pamper themselves a bit. And last thing you ever do is to buy a property paid in cash in Malaysia. But personally I do not take any risky property investment. No money no buy. If buy then buy the best you can possibly can.

thanks for sharing.... BMW just an eg. :smile: but i agree the part on pampering.... some do it via travelling several times a year overseas on holiday with families, some buy golf clubs buy play once in a while , some buy expensive cameras but take few pictures, some buy sports cars but use a few times a month only.... if you've made it in life, i think it's hard to put a price to how much you should spend on luxury.

I'm curious...Why do you not recommend to buy Malaysian properties in cash? The exchange rate at about 4.5% is rather high. I thought if can pay full, or clear most of the loan quickly, isn't it better? Of course, provided one can afford to do so.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for sharing.... BMW just an eg. :smile: but i agree the part on pampering.... some do it via travelling several times a year overseas on holiday with families, some buy golf clubs buy play once in a while , some buy expensive cameras but take few pictures, some buy sports cars but use a few times a month only.... if you've made it in life, i think it's hard to put a price to how much you should spend on luxury.

I'm curious...Why do you not recommend to buy Malaysian properties in cash? The exchange rate at about 4.5% is rather high. I thought if can pay full, or clear most of the loan quickly, isn't it better? Of course, provided one can afford to do so.

Buying in cash does not mean you cannot afford it. It means you r inviting the Inland Revenue and Anti Corruption people who are curious how you got those millions in cash. It is better to take a loan and then pay it off after a few years...just for accounting purposes. :smile:
I often tell my wife it is better to spend on cars than to spend on girls...:biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying in cash does not mean you cannot afford it. It means you r inviting the Inland Revenue and Anti Corruption people who are curious how you got those millions in cash. It is better to take a loan and then pay it off after a few years...just for accounting purposes. :smile:
I often tell my wife it is better to spend on cars than to spend on girls...:biggrin:

oic...

If the amount is not in the millions, like Iskandar condos costing RM700-900k, I think still ok. For foreigners, they probably won't care also.

Haha... you're a different man. Faithful to wife? :smile: I'm sure there are many men out there who will choose the other way!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really wonder what will happen to Singapore in 10-15 years time. The salaries of commoners (typical uni students, graduate, find office job, every day go home after 6pm type) have not increased much over the last 8-10 years. But cost of living such as food, housing (even HDB!!!), car prices, education, healthcare have gone up tremendously.

Yet, when I watch all those talk shows on TV, so many in the group panel always praise the Singapore government for their effort in coming up many schemes to help the citizens: Medisave, MediShield, CPF for retirement, Pioneer Generation benefits, etc. Wonder how all these policies will impact citizens in future.

Will we start to see Iskandar being an alternative place for living there once the younger generation here one day decide enough is enough, they have to stop living like a slave in Singapore? The country is so damn rich but the commoners are leading lives far below what they deserve.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really wonder what will happen to Singapore in 10-15 years time. The salaries of commoners (typical uni students, graduate, find office job, every day go home after 6pm type) have not increased much over the last 8-10 years. But cost of living such as food, housing (even HDB!!!), car prices, education, healthcare have gone up tremendously.

Yet, when I watch all those talk shows on TV, so many in the group panel always praise the Singapore government for their effort in coming up many schemes to help the citizens: Medisave, MediShield, CPF for retirement, Pioneer Generation benefits, etc. Wonder how all these policies will impact citizens in future.

Will we start to see Iskandar being an alternative place for living there once the younger generation here one day decide enough is enough, they have to stop living like a slave in Singapore? The country is so damn rich but the commoners are leading lives far below what they deserve.

Sound like Taiwan which is having the same problem now. The young graduates are having big problems to survive especially in towns.
More matured economies like European capitals like Frankfurt or London, it will become a renting market. The rich will own the properties, the poor will have to rent. How the SG Government tide things over will be very interesting.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are lots more opportunities for the future generations to start business with e commerce, those that still going for 8 to 6 pm jobs will be losers. I used to sell pirated DVD big time in the early 2000s thanks to Holiday Plaza ha ha.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are lots more opportunities for the future generations to start business with e commerce, those that still going for 8 to 6 pm jobs will be losers. I used to sell pirated DVD big time in the early 2000s thanks to Holiday Plaza ha ha.

Wah...you really big tai kor. 1 piece of empty DVD cost only RM0.50 and you sell it for RM10.
Hahaha...

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah...you really big tai kor. 1 piece of empty DVD cost only RM0.50 and you sell it for RM10.
Hahaha...

No lah I export to US, UK and Europe big volume in the thousands and I don't hold any physical stocks, those days traders just transfer money to me based on trust and I didn't fail them. Ha ha ha ha that is why I say the world is your customer, new generation should work on this.

Now you know why my nick is xebay, literally ex-ebay.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also retired from eBay 2 years ago.

Use to sent 200-300 parcels worldwide everyday.

No lah I export to US, UK and Europe big volume in the thousands and I don't hold any physical stocks, those days traders just transfer money to me based on trust and I didn't fail them. Ha ha ha ha that is why I say the world is your customer, new generation should work on this.

Now you know why my nick is xebay, literally ex-ebay.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN , papaya govt only know how to screw Sinkies , and embrace FTs . Best thing is after all the screwing , still can get 70% support . That's is why better to buy JB freehold property, after one stroke by MY govt , still left with many stroke . :*:

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN , papaya govt only know how to screw Sinkies , and embrace FTs . Best thing is after all the screwing , still can get 70% support . That's is why better to buy JB freehold property, after one stroke by MY govt , still left with many stroke . :*:

To stop FTs.... singaporeans need to do something. Have more babies. If not, FTs are still needed. We cannot at one hand wallop the govt, the other hand not doing anything to help the situation. So, whose fault is this? :wink:

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats a good one...!!!

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
To stop FTs.... singaporeans need to do something. Have more babies. If not, FTs are still needed. We cannot at one hand wallop the govt, the other hand not doing anything to help the situation. So, whose fault is this? :wink:

Making babies is not that difficult ,having babies is.
Even during pregnancy, it's takes a lot pressure and stress.Someone might argue that our mothers almost never had any issues caring for 3 to even 10kids.Welll environment then and now are so much different.At that time neighbours were willingly to look after your kids even free of charge.Now we don't even see our neighbours do to stressful work.like us they got tired after work and shut the door.Othe solution is maid,a stranger.infront of us,they are so sweet and charming.When we off work,who knows?ALSO...the costs.

During pregnancy it costs a lot.Transport,appointments and bills.KNowing govt gives u $3k.They will be more than happy to call for apps to collect back even more from what they gave you.same cycle after giving birth.Who to to blame?LKY..maybe????