• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kaisee Sinkies will tell you they will goes belly up , will be poorly maintain and run down in 10yrs time !:biggrin:

Sinkies will cry out like this: Sibei jialat now ,HDB 5room flat at CCK Ave 1&2 very difficult to sell (got this from sgfuck property forum) :biggrin:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we still make money from eBay?

I'm also getting tired of present job. It's stable but can't see where it will lead me. Thought SG government will ensure the country is run smoothly for commoners. Until I realize to buy a freaking resale old HDB flat of decent size and location also need minimum S$600k! Salaries also stagnated. Seriously, are graduates still paid S$2.5-2.8k per month?! That's the salary like 12 -15 years ago. I thought should be at least S$3.3k or so. But even then, it's not a lot based on the high cost of living here.

The world has changed. Last time (20-30 years ago), they say, study hard, get good education will guarantee have good job and life. That's a big lie.

Now, I find those who didn't do so well in school ironically have much better life than me and many of my university friends. Some of those who didn't do well in school become property/insurance agents, do business. Before 40, already hit $1 million, stay in SG condo, drive BMW/Merc. My friends with excellent school grades in 8-6pm jobs still staying in HDB flats with loans 10-20 more years to pay up. :(

You never read news that fresh grad cannot find jobs for years , some ended up as admin clerk ! How to get S$3.3K ?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian charbor tends to be prettier. :smile: Not a joke, saying from the heart. They generally are also simpler and not so show off like Singaporean gals.

I agree. Just why i think we must welcome female FTs from malaysia and reject the male one.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays use platforms like Carousell, Facebook, Instagram, Groupon, blog shops etc. I am not an advocate of studies, because I am graduate but education has caused me not to be a risk taker ha ha. Learn a skill, start a business without the damn degree, once your company big enough then go get a degree, looks good on your name card, if your company goes public listed then by all means get your masters and PhD and take nice CEO photos for your annual report. In summary, do first, then study.

Studying always makes you go the safe route and you end up making money for people and staying in HDB and only earning enough to bring family out to places with free parking like IMM on weekends, or per entry paying malls at night and que with the thousands of heartland men and families all the time. Lol

Hey I totally agree with this! I also observe that piece of education cert only makes us take the very safe route. But ironic that graduates are the ones ended up much poorer in life than their classmates who got scolded by teachers in class last time because of their poor grades!

Due to the nature of my job, getting higher degrees is always encouraged. But yet the industry will not pay us much higher even with a PhD. Then study so much for what? It's so sickening to see that happening. Many of my colleagues with Masters or PhD all live in HDB flats. The younger ones even worry how long they will take to pay off their tiny 4-room HDB flats.

I think entrepreneurial skills are a lot more important for survival in today's world. But it's easier said than done. For every 1 success story we read, there are probably 9 others who fail. But then, one mustn't be afraid of failure?!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
You never read news that fresh grad cannot find jobs for years , some ended up as admin clerk ! How to get S$3.3K ?

Seriously I didn't know! Got such a thing? I hope it's temporary only. If $3.3k also cannot get as a graduate, I think better leave this damn country. The SG government can do nothing but only tell these people to "manage their expectations".

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey I totally agree with this! I also observe that piece of education cert only makes us take the very safe route. But ironic that graduates are the ones ended up much poorer in life than their classmates who got scolded by teachers in class last time because of their poor grades!

Due to the nature of my job, getting higher degrees is always encouraged. But yet the industry will not pay us much higher even with a PhD. Then study so much for what? It's so sickening to see that happening. Many of my colleagues with Masters or PhD all live in HDB flats. The younger ones even worry how long they will take to pay off their tiny 4-room HDB flats.

I think entrepreneurial skills are a lot more important for survival in today's world. But it's easier said than done. For every 1 success story we read, there are probably 9 others who fail. But then, one mustn't be afraid of failure?!

The Singapore education is very much driven by the notion that a good qualification means a good employment prospect. So citizens are conditioned from young to just be employees lor..

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies will cry out like this: Sibei jialat now ,HDB 5room flat at CCK Ave 1&2 very difficult to sell (got this from sgfuck property forum) :biggrin:

15000 new BTO launched in 2015 and 18000 for 2016, HDB resale market out side city is in comatose state, who wants to buy old flat?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I didn't know! Got such a thing? I hope it's temporary only. If $3.3k also cannot get as a graduate, I think better leave this damn country. The SG government can do nothing but only tell these people to "manage their expectations".

Singapore government expecting that more Singaporeans should be expecting less....LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
15000 new BTO launched in 2015 and 18000 for 2016, HDB resale market out side city is in comatose state, who wants to buy old flat?

New waves of BTOs may be are to appease currently complaining Singaporeans who will later then sell to influx of FTs for higher prices, and then later complain that property prices for their next properties are getting higher and higher and less affordable.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore education is very much driven by the notion that a good qualification means a good employment prospect. So citizens are conditioned from young to just be employees lor..

This is true in the 80's, 90's and maybe earlier part of 2000. Now not true already.

The future is very blurry to me. Last time, in the 80's if one is a uni graduate with basic degree, future damn good. The person is probably 50-60 years old, in some senior management position earning S$10-15k a month at least, just depending on his or her uni education alone working in office job.

Today, one can get excellent grades in school, has a post-grad higher degree, in the 40's, but salary still pathetic way below S$10k. Yet, parents today still place a lot of emphasis on education! No choice.... Nobody dares to gamble with the future. But it's all very ironic. Cos the hundreds of thousands of dollars a parent spends on their children's growing up years may not necessarily translate into big earning power for them. Of course it also depends on which industry they go into.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
New waves of BTOs may be are to appease currently complaining Singaporeans who will later then sell to influx of FTs for higher prices, and then later complain that property prices for their next properties are getting higher and higher and less affordable.

Maybe this tells us that Singapore properties are better investments? (Compared to Iskandar)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is true in the 80's, 90's and maybe earlier part of 2000. Now not true already.

The future is very blurry to me. Last time, in the 80's if one is a uni graduate with basic degree, future damn good. The person is probably 50-60 years old, in some senior management position earning S$10-15k a month at least, just depending on his or her uni education alone working in office job.

Today, one can get excellent grades in school, has a post-grad higher degree, in the 40's, but salary still pathetic way below S$10k. Yet, parents today still place a lot of emphasis on education! No choice.... Nobody dares to gamble with the future. But it's all very ironic. Cos the hundreds of thousands of dollars a parent spends on their children's growing up years may not necessarily translate into big earning power for them. Of course it also depends on which industry they go into.

Agreed. Actually my point is more that we are just conditioned to be in the paper chase to be employees...always working for others...whereas there are those who exit the race to start their business or do something else. And some of these people could also be "rejected" by our elitist education system.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dunno if the SG government is largely to be blamed for this. Between 2007 and 2013, where were all the BTO flats? I thought PAP is very far sighted and good in planning way ahead? I take it that they failed very badly in this area.

What happened was even HDB flat prices skyrocketed from 2007 onwards because there weren't any BTO flats to cater to the many new immigrants they brought into Singapore. They waited until 2012 or so then decided ok, now we will build tens of thousands of new BTOs at one go. I feel this poor planning is the main cause of property prices to shoot up very quickly a few years ago, and now, the reverse is happening. More people are less interested to buy older resale flats.

If Lee Hsien Loong and his gang had been less greedy, and planned the release of BTO flats properly, while not admitting too many immigrants at one go, I think the property price would have increased more gradually.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe this tells us that Singapore properties are better investments? (Compared to Iskandar)

I believe most Singaporeans are just looking for a roof above their heads and not thinking about investment properties. And this would be for majority of Singaporeans who never thought of living outside Singapore. Yes, I guess it would generally be true that Singapore properties are better investments, but to invest in Iskandar costs much lesser than to invest in Singapore. A person with meagre means like me can NEVER afford to buy for own use, much less invest, in Singapore properties, but in Johor still have hope.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

The only good investments in Singapore is hdb coffeshsop properties, entry is $31 million now, any takers? These coffee shops could be had for $1 million or less in the 90s.