• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
This iskandar is making the sg dream attainable for general hardworking folks. I.e. wide open spaces, landed house or quality condo, affordable restaurants and golf and car. Even study in an international school with IB programme is affordable. Like a American dream, but a sgrean version. Not in a faraway land with bitter cold winter and unfamiliar culture. Iskandar is just 30mins bus ride away from where you grew up.
Enjoy your life and don't sweat too much on whether it's a good investment or not. When you kick the bucket it's not the money that matters, it's whether if you have enjoyed your life.

Wise words of wisdom ...:smile: What for stress so much in SG n develop all kinds of illnesses ? JB is the short cut to early and relaxing retirement .

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not just affect you. The inflation is faster than pay rise. Even my kids will have difficulty in buying houses in KL. The new normal is RM1.0m for a double storey link house in decent neighbourhood. Even my 25 year old 22 x 75 terrace house which cost RM139k then is selling for RM800k these days. If the parents do not plan or help them, no chance they can afford to pay when they want to buy in 10 years time. So if you can afford it, it is better to lock in those values now. Don't even think of CA or ROI. If you can rent it out, it is just a subsidy to yet another burden we shoulder for our kids.

I remember once I was interested to buy a old unit in Mont Kiara, a posh area in KL. I know that condo cost about 400k then and I offered the owner 600k. She was an old lady and told me she is only interested to rent it out. She said she want to leave it to her grandson when she is gone. I pointed out her grandson is only 10 years old. She said, in another 10 years time, he won't be able to afford a condo like this.

I agree with you about locking in the prices now, because property prices tend to have an upward trend. You probably know my peasant status by now. Had I remained in SG what I can pass on to my posterity is a HDB flat that the SG govt can take away “at a stroke of the pen” or when the lease period is over. But since moving over to JB, I can now hope to pass them the HDB as well as the freehold landed and condo properties. Again this is simply because Malaysia boleh but in SG it is mission impossible. SG100 promise many things but I am sure it comes with a hefty price tag on HDB as well.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This iskandar is making the sg dream attainable for general hardworking folks. I.e. wide open spaces, landed house or quality condo, affordable restaurants and golf and car. Even study in an international school with IB programme is affordable. Like a American dream, but a sgrean version. Not in a faraway land with bitter cold winter and unfamiliar culture. Iskandar is just 30mins bus ride away from where you grew up.
Enjoy your life and don't sweat too much on whether it's a good investment or not. When you kick the bucket it's not the money that matters, it's whether if you have enjoyed your life.

Well said bro! Quite an irony that for me the SG dream can only be realised in JB. LOL! While crossing the causeway remains a chore and a pain, it is definitely bearable compared to buying in “better” places like Penang, KL, Bangkok, Australia etc…those are simply too far or need to fly…I scared of flying liao..can disappear or blown out of the sky!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you about locking in the prices now, because property prices tend to have an upward trend. You probably know my peasant status by now. Had I remained in SG what I can pass on to my posterity is a HDB flat that the SG govt can take away “at a stroke of the pen” or when the lease period is over. But since moving over to JB, I can now hope to pass them the HDB as well as the freehold landed and condo properties. Again this is simply because Malaysia boleh but in SG it is mission impossible. SG100 promise many things but I am sure it comes with a hefty price tag on HDB as well.

You got it right. Freehold is one very important word. No worries about your peasant status. It is anytime better than my squatter status many moons ago.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister Koh Poh Koon: Sell your HDB and rent if you are poor, HDB is not a bank
April 6, 2016

In his Parliamentary response to queries about helping Singaporeans who could not afford to pay mortgage payment, first-time Minister of State for National Development Koh Poh Koon advised that Singaporeans who are poor should sell their HDB flat and rent, and that the HDB is not a bank that offers financial assistance.

PAP MP Joan Pereira was asking the government what kind of mortgage assistance HDB provides to the retrenched, particularly those in their late 40s and 50s. Minister Koh Poh Koon responded:

“For those who face longer-term hardship… Right-sizing to a flat within their means is also an option. For low income households who are unable to afford another flat, have no family support and no other housing options, HDB may offer them a public rental flat.

The Housing Board is not a bank and is unable to offer personal loans.”
Minister Koh said those who need help can get financial counselling and referrals to social support agencies for job placements and financial aid.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minister Koh Poh Koon: Sell your HDB and rent if you are poor, HDB is not a bank
April 6, 2016

In his Parliamentary response to queries about helping Singaporeans who could not afford to pay mortgage payment, first-time Minister of State for National Development Koh Poh Koon advised that Singaporeans who are poor should sell their HDB flat and rent, and that the HDB is not a bank that offers financial assistance.

PAP MP Joan Pereira was asking the government what kind of mortgage assistance HDB provides to the retrenched, particularly those in their late 40s and 50s. Minister Koh Poh Koon responded:

“For those who face longer-term hardship… Right-sizing to a flat within their means is also an option. For low income households who are unable to afford another flat, have no family support and no other housing options, HDB may offer them a public rental flat.

The Housing Board is not a bank and is unable to offer personal loans.”
Minister Koh said those who need help can get financial counselling and referrals to social support agencies for job placements and financial aid.

Excellent suggestion. Sell house n rent. So simple .

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent suggestion. Sell house n rent. So simple .

In my view that was a brainless suggestion. Rent house means must pay rent in cash. But cash is what poor folks need! If have job at least still have CPF plus employer CPF to pay mortgage.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy for your own use ok.... But buying for investment hoping price will increase a lot in 15 years time is a bit tricky due to many factors to consider. Finally realize this after pondering over the issue for many months.

Great!!! And 5,10,15years later what happens is anybody's guess.

:smile:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view that was a brainless suggestion. Rent house means must pay rent in cash. But cash is what poor folks need! If have job at least still have CPF plus employer CPF to pay mortgage.

Maybe Govt allow these group to rent and pay via CPF!!! :eek:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

To be fair to "Everyone owns a car" Dr Koh, HDB's public rental flats are actually heavily subsidized. I think the rental's less than $150 per month, and could even be lower.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new stadium being built in Iskandar Puteri, Johor will be completed in 18 months and it would be named as the Sultan Ibrahim Larkin Stadium in honour of the state’s ruler.

The RM200 million stadium would be built by Country Garden Pacificview Sdn Bhd, the name behind Forest City.
According to Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim, the new stadium will be part of the JDT Sports City and it will also house hotels, apartments, shopping malls, rugby, tennis and futsal facilities.

It was also reported that Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Sultan Iskandar will be giving RM50 million to JDT for the building of the new stadium, as he was happy to see football playing an important role in uniting the people of Johor and bringing glory to the state at the international level.
The highly-anticipated new stadium will have a maximum capacity of up to 45,000 spectators and ample parking facilities.

Stadium.jpg

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new stadium being built in Iskandar Puteri, Johor will be completed in 18 months and it would be named as the Sultan Ibrahim Larkin Stadium in honour of the state’s ruler.

The RM200 million stadium would be built by Country Garden Pacificview Sdn Bhd, the name behind Forest City.
According to Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim, the new stadium will be part of the JDT Sports City and it will also house hotels, apartments, shopping malls, rugby, tennis and futsal facilities.

It was also reported that Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Sultan Iskandar will be giving RM50 million to JDT for the building of the new stadium, as he was happy to see football playing an important role in uniting the people of Johor and bringing glory to the state at the international level.
The highly-anticipated new stadium will have a maximum capacity of up to 45,000 spectators and ample parking facilities.

View attachment 26178

They should build a bigger stadium, JDT games are almost always sold out when they play at Larkin. The management of JDT should also ask those star players to do more community events, that's how the JLeague become what it is today. Football gives impoverished youth's something to do rather than wasting their lives doing vice activities.

It would be something if Johor can replicate what they have in Europe. If you have been to a weekend fixture in England, it is quite an experience!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should build a bigger stadium, JDT games are almost always sold out when they play at Larkin. The management of JDT should also ask those star players to do more community events, that's how the JLeague become what it is today. Football gives impoverished youth's something to do rather than wasting their lives doing vice activities.

It would be something if Johor can replicate what they have in Europe. If you have been to a weekend fixture in England, it is quite an experience!

Next time can hold Wrestlemania too! Ooooh yeah!

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 26178

Looking fwd to the shopping malls ! Jb will be full of malls , some real big ones like Southkey :smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

The location is near Afiat and Rumah Iskandar township.
Seemed like they got Peter Lim / Valencia Football club to help in the design.
JDT is owned by the Crown Prince, therefore you bet it will take off.

I had been to Gunners and Wolves games before, so yes, it does give a bit of sense of belonging in footballing culture.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The location is near Afiat and Rumah Iskandar township.
Seemed like they got Peter Lim / Valencia Football club to help in the design.
JDT is owned by the Crown Prince, therefore you bet it will take off.

I had been to Gunners and Wolves games before, so yes, it does give a bit of sense of belonging in footballing culture.

Booooo Gooners! Lol. Anyway, derby matches are the most exhilarating. I've been to United vs Liverpool and Newcastle vs Sunderland.

On a side note, looks like new causeway not gonna happen.
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...to-easing-congestion-says-singapore-minister/

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal