• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prediction: Hougang BE may call together with AMK BE

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possible scenario: Hougang PE may call together with AMK GRC
Reason for this: AMK GE is very likely to have 3 corner fight, 4 corner fight or even 5 corner.
WP is unlikely to give up contesting AMK. Other party like RP may decide to use Hougang as an exchange for WP to give up AMK, thus creating multi corner fight in Hougang SMC as well

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd prefer a Marine Parade cum Hougang BE. Marine Parade has areas near Hougang too, Braddell Heights and MacPherson. A rematch between Tin Tin and my niece would be a spectacle to behold. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd prefer a Marine Parade cum Hougang BE. Marine Parade has areas near Hougang too, Braddell Heights and MacPherson. A rematch between Tin Tin and my niece would be a spectacle to behold. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Doubt so cos too dangerous to hold BE at marine parade
Pap vote may pull down to 52-53 per cent

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reason for this: AMK GE is very likely to have 3 corner fight, 4 corner fight or even 5 corner.
WP is unlikely to give up contesting AMK. Other party like RP may decide to use Hougang as an exchange for WP to give up AMK, thus creating multi corner fight in Hougang SMC as well

Hougang is already giving LHL sleepless nights. Not likely he wants to consume more panadols.

My hunch is that Hougang will witness an engineered 3-cornered fight (independent unknown entering the fray) to dilute votes for the WP. Can't imagine where LHL and company will hide if and when WP increases its votes in the aftermath of YawGate. Seepay malu for them if that takes place.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Possible scenario: Hougang PE may call together with AMK GRC ...
ya, man! ...

ah loon shud resign so dat a bye erection can b called 4 him 4 his amk grc ...

ah loon shud take tis golden opportunity 2 let peasants show their appreciation 4 his wok done n policies after his last erection so dat he can bask in dat glory ...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did someone die at AMK GRC? Is there a similar scandal where a PAP Minister has to be sacked? Why AMK must have BE?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did someone die at AMK GRC? Is there a similar scandal where a PAP Minister has to be sacked? Why AMK must have BE?

Setting a precedent. Tanjong Pagar has a dying old man's seat to be filled by a trouble making NSF officer currently in America who may be pissed to have to be pulled away from all the heavy breasts and tight pussy blonds to come home to fulfil dynastic filial duties.

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal

u talk for tsim, who understand??

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,
from my poor understanding of our Constitution, me can't fathom how it can be done :(:(:(

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro,
from my poor understanding of our Constitution, me can't fathom how it can be done :(:(:(

PM can call BE in any ward his party holds anytime he likes without anybody dead, vide Marine Parade BE 1992. However, not so with opposition leaders. They can't call BE whether or not any of their MP is dead, expelled or has resigned. They must get PM to call it. For PM, there's no must or mustn't except at end of 5-year term.

Even at end of 5-year, there's a way for PM to carry on too, as LKY has pointed out, declare state of emergency and martial law, suspension of Constitution.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Even at end of 5-year, there's a way for PM to carry on too, as LKY has pointed out, declare state of emergency and martial law, suspension of Constitution.

thanks bro, very informative and comprehensive :smile::smile::smile:

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
another reason is hold BE in AMK may divert attention out of HG SMC
but LHL face a dangerous of his vote share dropping to 61-62% in AMK

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
another reason is hold BE in AMK may divert attention out of HG SMC
but LHL face a dangerous of his vote share dropping to 61-62% in AMK

I dont see the possiblity of LHL calling for BE at AMK

In fact, LHL might even lost AMK. The last oppo to go AMK was not strong at all. Just imagine if the opposition of any party could put up a really strong team at AMK?

The residences at AMK are swaying over to the opposition side. They just need someone realy strong to sway them over.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont see the possiblity of LHL calling for BE at AMK

In fact, LHL might even lost AMK. The last oppo to go AMK was not strong at all. Just imagine if the opposition of any party could put up a really strong team at AMK?

The residences at AMK are swaying over to the opposition side. They just need someone realy strong to sway them over.

If the K, Q & J (the three pictures on your poker deck) leave Aljunied to contest AMK, LHL is dead duck. But don't worry, they won't do that as responsible opposition. They want to want more seats, yes, but they know that the country isn't yet ready for a change of government and goverment isn't yet ready for a change of PM.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Historically, PAP doesn't take unnecessary gamble on a SMC seat which they are not holding using a GRC with seats they are holding as gambling stakes. Remember LHL is a trained mathematician. Unless he is a idiot he will not take such a risk.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
hougang SMC to have BE is very clear cut. but did all the 5 or 6 MP in AMK GRC die? how come theres need for BE in AMK?