• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man From S'pore Robbed In KL After Being Ambushed In Alley, Calls Experience A Nightmare

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Man From S'pore Robbed In KL After Being Ambushed In Alley, Calls Experience A Nightmare
mustsharenews.com

The thieves managed to make some transactions using his bank card.

By Jonathan Yee - 8 Jan 2024, 12:48 pm

user posted image

Travelling to another country means having to be extra vigilant as you never know what might happen.

For one traveller in Malaysia, a scene he only ever thought would take place in a movie came to pass.

On 31 Dec, 22-year-old Aman or @fathsiam from Singapore shared on TikTok that he was robbed by at least four men in Kuala Lumpur (KL).

They took his wallet containing his bank card, identification, and cash, as well as his phone.

After the harrowing experience, which he called a “nightmare”, he decided to warn others to be cautious when overseas and not walk around in questionable areas alone.
Ambushed & robbed in a back alley in KL

Speaking to MS News, Aman said he was cornered in an alley in Kampung Bahru while on a short trip there.

Although he had travelled to Malaysia with a friend, he was alone at the time of the incident.

“I basically put myself in jeopardy, [going to] places like dark alleys . . . you question if it’s safe,” he said in the video.

Source: @fathsiam on TikTok

“What’s the worst that could happen to me, right?” he thought.

Well, the moment he turned into the alley, at least four people ambushed him and hit him from behind.

Although Aman tried to fight back and managed to kick one of them, they soon overpowered him.

After that, they made off with his identification, bank card, phone, wallet containing RM500 (S$142), and a portable charger.

Following the experience, Aman, who recently completed his National Service (NS), took several days to recover from his injuries.

“I still feel like sh*t right now, I didn’t expect it to happen to me,” he said.
Don’t gamble on your life, says OP

Although he had been robbed, Aman told MS News he did not make a police report.

“I didn’t have anything with me,” he said. “No identification, no phone, no money. All I wanted to do was return to Singapore and a friend of mine helped me get back.”

His friend also reminded him to cancel his bank card, and he did so after finding out that four transactions amounting to RM800 (S$230) for Touch ‘n Go were made.

Besides losing some money through these transactions, he also did not manage to get his items back.

Although he’d been to KL a few times, he now knows that walking in a back alley on his own was definitely a big mistake.

“Do not take the risk of walking in questionable areas,” he warned. “Walking in these areas comes with a price as I’m broke now with no money.”

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mustsharenews.com

The thieves managed to make some transactions using his bank card.

By Jonathan Yee - 8 Jan 2024, 12:48 pm

user posted image

Travelling to another country means having to be extra vigilant as you never know what might happen.

For one traveller in Malaysia, a scene he only ever thought would take place in a movie came to pass.

On 31 Dec, 22-year-old Aman or @fathsiam from Singapore shared on TikTok that he was robbed by at least four men in Kuala Lumpur (KL).

They took his wallet containing his bank card, identification, and cash, as well as his phone.

After the harrowing experience, which he called a “nightmare”, he decided to warn others to be cautious when overseas and not walk around in questionable areas alone.
Ambushed & robbed in a back alley in KL

Speaking to MS News, Aman said he was cornered in an alley in Kampung Bahru while on a short trip there.

Although he had travelled to Malaysia with a friend, he was alone at the time of the incident.

“I basically put myself in jeopardy, [going to] places like dark alleys . . . you question if it’s safe,” he said in the video.

Source: @fathsiam on TikTok

“What’s the worst that could happen to me, right?” he thought.

Well, the moment he turned into the alley, at least four people ambushed him and hit him from behind.

Although Aman tried to fight back and managed to kick one of them, they soon overpowered him.

After that, they made off with his identification, bank card, phone, wallet containing RM500 (S$142), and a portable charger.

Following the experience, Aman, who recently completed his National Service (NS), took several days to recover from his injuries.

“I still feel like sh*t right now, I didn’t expect it to happen to me,” he said.
Don’t gamble on your life, says OP

Although he had been robbed, Aman told MS News he did not make a police report.

“I didn’t have anything with me,” he said. “No identification, no phone, no money. All I wanted to do was return to Singapore and a friend of mine helped me get back.”

His friend also reminded him to cancel his bank card, and he did so after finding out that four transactions amounting to RM800 (S$230) for Touch ‘n Go were made.

Besides losing some money through these transactions, he also did not manage to get his items back.

Although he’d been to KL a few times, he now knows that walking in a back alley on his own was definitely a big mistake.

“Do not take the risk of walking in questionable areas,” he warned. “Walking in these areas comes with a price as I’m broke now with no money.”

QMMS9DR.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You'd be surprised how dumb sinkies are, having being raised in SG. Most have no sense of danger, and are not wise in a foreign land.

Case in point is opening one's wallet and unknowingly showing the wads of cash in it when making a purchase. Another is withdrawing cash from an ATM and walking away slowly whilst counting money.