• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prank or not, one word to describe it...Poor Upbringing

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Prank or not, one word to describe it...Poor Upbringing <<

Hmmm... just wondering, shouldn't "poor upbringing" be two words?

Anyway, I can understand the principal's stand on sitting on the fence in condemning/condoning the "good" and not-so-clean fun.
No one should be "bullied" in this manner if fun is really the intention, it is definitely in poor taste.
Such as throwing the birthday boy/girl into the pool is okayed fun, holding his/her head in the water is not.
They could have just smash cakes into the birthday girl face, having her tied up forcefully is a tad off the mark.

If it were done as a form of group revenge act, aka blanket party, then it would have served its purpose.

dominion

Alfrescian
Loyal
You actually think I am a saint? I have been so around that I can teach many an idea what real fun is. And I mean REAL FUN. Wearing school uniform and engaging in ragging of fellow classmates, while is happening in some, but not most schools, is nothing to be proud of. It shows a lack of decency and self-respect and definitely shows poor family upbringing.

what gives you the right to judge other's upbringing?

shame on you... people having fun noone complain, since when did it become your business? different groups have different levels of what is acceptable pranks... as kids, we would pillar guys or throw water bombs etc at each other, but certainly not at the CEO of my company... whether the line has been crossed is not up to you to judge...

unless of cuz you're still under the illusion that you've been appointed the grand pope of upbringing and tell us the next 10 commandments...

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 decades back already doing this in school, but now students have money to waste cake and HL milk...

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
what gives you the right to judge other's upbringing?

shame on you... people having fun noone complain, since when did it become your business? different groups have different levels of what is acceptable pranks... as kids, we would pillar guys or throw water bombs etc at each other, but certainly not at the CEO of my company... whether the line has been crossed is not up to you to judge...

unless of cuz you're still under the illusion that you've been appointed the grand pope of upbringing and tell us the next 10 commandments...

Why not? I can judge anything or anybody the way I feel like it. Most important is do I have supporters for this view-point. I do not need to be appointed the grand pope before I can talk about some juvenile Ah Lian's poor family upbringing.

I have no illusion on this. You most likely do.

dominion

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what if you have supporters?

so many people already said it was common practice since the old days... maybe you were one of those who were left in the corner and ostracised while people have fun so that is why you hate people having fun?

Ha! People horseplaying is having no upbringing, you coming to this kinda forum and mudslinging is.... oh how do I even start? The pot calling the kettle black? or maybe more like black paint calling the kettle black