• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mia Tan is upset with PAP

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP:
"Every school is a good school.
Every job is a good job.
Good jobs like Safe Distancing Ambassadors, Tray Return Ambassadors
Gig jobs like food deliverymen, PHV drivers, security officers and
sanitation officers (toilet cleaners, hawker stall cleaners)
Don't complain."
Every minister is a good minister and deserves a big house. You want a colonial mansion, a superclass bungalow or 38 Oxley?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I almost tore up the form in front of her ...

wat made her never tear it up? ...

if ze positions were reversed, dat hongkie wun haf done it n threw ze pieces in2 her face n gif her a generous mouthful of fish, crabs n prawns ...

as usual, can oni go online n kpkb after ze incident ...

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
giphy.webp

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me respects her for writing out her personal feelings, presumably to help her friend whom had a hard time with learning the commerce lingo of the World - English.

However, I cannot accept her misconceptions of MOE which can be conceived as misleading information only worthy to tarnish our nation & education system, more so as she claims to an undergraduate at our prestigious NUS, which only few can aspire to reach it & unworthy of this diatribe from her which will only mislead many more Singaporean born & bred hardworking & intelligent kids.

1. There is NOTHING FREE in this World. Scholarships which may seemed to be freely given by our govt, comes with STRINGS attached. Any one, regardless if citizens or foreign students, WILL have to serve a BOND of a few long years to our Nation's service - be it as a butcher in our critically manage food industries, a doctor in our Armed Forces, in *A Star to help in advancing scientific achievements, or in prestigious EDB to advance our economic aims, or else pay every single cent of our Taxpayers fund if they want to break the BOND.

2. Based upon sense of scale, only few would be able to enter China's or India's University, where their population are in billions, even if they obtained straight As. Thus there would be many FELLOW Humans whom had shown intelligence but sadly only denied entry & OPPORTUNITY for further studies, to ENHANCE their Human potential.

This is where our intelligent MOE will come in. Help them, & hopefully they may help advance our Singapore Civilization, even during the short term of their BONDED service. In terms of SBF rather crude lingo - can eat don't waste..

3. As for undergraduates from China, they are NOT Singapore citizens. Once their bond is completed, they will return to China, & China is well known as a closed society, where INFORMATION is tightly regulated, & English though widely used is unfortunately politically limited there. We Singapore do not owe them a living, nor wish to harm their societal perceptions of their own country which they will have to return eventually, a FREEDOM we Singapore offer to them, to do their best here.

Only by leading from EXAMPLE, will these yet to mature kids grow into adulthood realize REALITIES, as Free Will is respected here in Singapore, so long as each here follows the basic golden rule - to not do unto others what one does not want others to do to them...

4. Many of those foreigners whom graduated here, will serve out their BOND in the civil service, & placed in positions where language is not an issue or cannot be upgraded for better communication awareness. They will certainly NOT serve as waiters, receptionists, etc, more so with the funds provided to ensure that they can reach their potential in educated mental awareness here without any personal economic distractions.

5. In her terms of 'swords & shields', had our forefathers & founding fathers, & especially our hardworking taxpayers thru social expenditure & ELECTED legislators, over years, been negligent in providing not just education but even child birth allowances - male & female, employment benefits & many such more, seen by many other envious foreigners worldwide as benefits from cradle to grave?.....

In the end, it is my hope that Lady Mia Tan grows what she aspires our govt to have. & especially the intelligence to keep in touch with REALITIES...
Allow the insignificant me - a sbf uncle to support mia .
Pap actually deprives sinkies of admission to nus by allowing foreigners with poor to zero command of English to take the place of sinkies in nus/ntu.
Myself with As in maths and science subjects in gce o level was rejected a place in the polytechnic due to an E8 in English.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allow the insignificant me - a sbf uncle to support mia .
Pap actually deprives sinkies of admission to nus by allowing foreigners with poor to zero command of English to take the place of sinkies in nus/ntu.
Myself with As in maths and science subjects in gce o level was rejected a place in the polytechnic due to an E8 in English.

The insignificant nobody me DO understand your predicament. As you had revealed that you are an uncle, your age range would be between 40 to 60 yrs old, at an era when China was still in confusion about its path, & English was the accepted lingo of COMMERCE, which ALL Humanity needs to progress, as the lingo was de facto everyone used, to comprehend & progress, so do pardon me if I am wrong.

China, the only civilization that had RECORDED WRITTEN history of 5000yrs, was TRULY unified only under the CHIN (QIN) dynasty. To UNIFY a nation, it can only be thru language, & the subsequent requirements of a civilization such as system of weights, rules, etc. The 1st Emperor of China did not had it easy, as many such as Zhao, Han, Wei, Chu, etc kingdoms fought against him, but eventually, he won & unification was possible, till sadly, as the adage of absolute power being absolutely self indulgent saw the end of Chin/Qin, but STILL, he's legacy remains even today. It is NOT for nothing that China citizens are known as CHIN ese today.

Equally, many more powerful nations in the course of Human History used language to unify the World, limited as they were, & the subsequent benefits for TRADE, which is the life blood of Humankind, such as Rome, France & England where the sun never sets in this modern century, and its descendants spread worldwide across the world, even to USA- a land of immigrants that sought to use an UNIFYING lingo for trade, progress & evolution.

In 1965, the year of Singapore's independence, the lingo of International commerce was English, even today as much as our academic & technical courses are conducted in such, & most had benefited from such, thanks to the foresight from our courageous Founding Fathers.

Thus, in order to help citizens progress & prosper, an unifying lingo was needed & vital, & proven TRUE, while those whom had huge egos, stuck to their limited appealed lingos, faced a harder path for such.

As said, I understand your predicament & presumably 'lost opportunities'. HOWEVER, MOE & taxpayers had NEVER denied each citizen child an opportunity in life. All that was needed is one to brush up one's lingo command, thru better courses, & better yet- a few more other relevant lingos, then retake the exams & you WILL have better opportunities in life in our commercial world of trade & biz, as I had seen MANY fellow citizens whom had never given up on their aspirations, prospered & evolved... You too are never too old to learn, as proven by your ability to post here in English, so that MORE may understand your predicament....

As for the very few foreigners on our National Scholarship programs, nothing is free in this World, so too Singapore govt's aims upon foreign talents vs citizens. As outlined in my previous post, we Singapore have no wish to treat any fellow Human bad, nor do we wish to be taken advantage of by them. They serve a purpose for us, on a win win situation for both parties & ALL.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me DO understand your predicament. As you had revealed that you are an uncle, your age range would be between 40 to 60 yrs old, at an era when China was still in confusion about its path, & English was the accepted lingo of COMMERCE, which ALL Humanity needs to progress, as the lingo was de facto everyone used, to comprehend & progress, so do pardon me if I am wrong.

China, the only civilization that had RECORDED WRITTEN history of 5000yrs, was TRULY unified only under the CHIN (QIN) dynasty. To UNIFY a nation, it can only be thru language, & the subsequent requirements of a civilization such as system of weights, rules, etc. The 1st Emperor of China did not had it easy, as many such as Zhao, Han, Wei, Chu, etc kingdoms fought against him, but eventually, he won & unification was possible, till sadly, as the adage of absolute power being absolutely self indulgent saw the end of Chin/Qin, but STILL, he's legacy remains even today. It is NOT for nothing that China citizens are known as CHIN ese today.

Equally, many more powerful nations in the course of Human History used language to unify the World, limited as they were, & the subsequent benefits for TRADE, which is the life blood of Humankind, such as Rome, France & England where the sun never sets in this modern century, and its descendants spread worldwide across the world, even to USA- a land of immigrants that sought to use an UNIFYING lingo for trade, progress & evolution.

In 1965, the year of Singapore's independence, the lingo of International commerce was English, even today as much as our academic & technical courses are conducted in such, & most had benefited from such, thanks to the foresight from our courageous Founding Fathers.

Thus, in order to help citizens progress & prosper, an unifying lingo was needed & vital, & proven TRUE, while those whom had huge egos, stuck to their limited appealed lingos, faced a harder path for such.

As said, I understand your predicament & presumably 'lost opportunities'. HOWEVER, MOE & taxpayers had NEVER denied each citizen child an opportunity in life. All that was needed is one to brush up one's lingo command, thru better courses, & better yet- a few more other relevant lingos, then retake the exams & you WILL have better opportunities in life in our commercial world of trade & biz, as I had seen MANY fellow citizens whom had never given up on their aspirations, prospered & evolved... You too are never too old to learn, as proven by your ability to post here in English, so that MORE may understand your predicament....

As for the very few foreigners on our National Scholarship programs, nothing is free in this World, so too Singapore govt's aims upon foreign talents vs citizens. As outlined in my previous post, we Singapore have no wish to treat any fellow Human bad, nor do we wish to be taken advantage of by them. They serve a purpose for us, on a win win situation for both parties & ALL.
I think even in this current era sinkies still needs to meet the min passing grade for English to meet the entry eligibility whereas foreigners need not.