• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PR fights back!

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Difficult ties that bind

Loyal to Singapore, but will never be Singaporean
Letter from Peter Wadeley
05:55 AM Sep 09, 2010

I WAS very surprised to hear that some permanent residents may be asked in the future to become citizens or else their PR status may not be renewed.

I live in Singapore because I have a Singaporean wife and two Singaporean children.

But for my wife, I would never have come to Singapore.

We are not a burden to society, and my wife and I have produced two intelligent children.

Our children are encouraged to have as much understanding of the Chinese language and culture as of the English language and Western culture. I am already preparing my son to do National Service (which is many years away).

Singapore is my home and I feel loyalty to Singapore. But I am not Singaporean and never will be. Although I feel more immediate connection to Singapore than the country of my birth and citizenship, I simply do not feel Singaporean. Nothing will ever change that.

I sincerely hope that such a policy is not implemented.

Not the big stick again
Letter from Soh Gim Chuan

I REFER to the report "A good idea, or maybe not..." (Sept 8). Forcing a person to take up citizenship under threat of withdrawal of permanent residency is a very bad idea.

It reinforces the perception that the Government tries to solve problems with a big stick.

Taking up citizenship involves more than just economic cost-benefit analysis. Would, say, a Georgian sever ties with his country and take up Singapore citizenship when he cannot find a Georgian community here?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are not a burden to society, and my wife and I have produced two intelligent children.

wow lan ooi. really buay paiseh with self-praise.:biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not a burden to society. I myself have produced two pieces of 'chocolate cakes' for the two intelligent children to indulge in. :oIo:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that In some countries, if you are not interested in applying to become a citizen of that country, you would not be given a PR status. So why can't Singapore be like that?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is my home and I feel loyalty to Singapore. But I am not Singaporean and never will be. Although I feel more immediate connection to Singapore than the country of my birth and citizenship, I simply do not feel Singaporean. Nothing will ever change that.

My bullshit metre is being overloaded

His own words:
I feel loyalty to SG but I never will be SGrean
I feel more connection to SG then country of my birth, but i dont feel SGrean

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn giving Singapore Citizenship is like a giving a Death Sentence to Foreigners.

So looks like all Singaporeans are only Singaporeans by birth and not by choice.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am already preparing my son to do National Service (which is many years away).

How is he preparing his son. I'm curious.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Letter from Peter Wadeley"

the way he commented and self-compliment, dun tink his brain is functioning.

machiam kia lan jiao ka tau :oIo:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whereas people are actually willing to get Death Sentence to get US Citizenship WTF? US has an expedited US citizenship scheme, which means you will get US Citizenship faster if you sign up with the Armed Forces and serve in Iraq.

Singapore is probably the ONLY country in the world where people would shun to be citizens even if they live here.

PAP what are you doing about it? The people are paying you the highest wages in the world to make the country a shit hole.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many PRs knew that Singaporeans want to run road too, so they also clever and don't want to convert. Besides, their own homeland has very good welfare for their kids and even for the jobless. Aging gracefully is not Singapore cup of tea, so why become part of us when they could return home and aged gracefully in full view of mountains, seas and full valley of greeneries and not walls like ours. Anyway, many foreigners do not like PAP too, those who praised PAP are rare brainless lot or because of some business dealings with the govt.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

We cannot always blame others!For this case,it is clear we need to blame ourselves which is the Singaporean Chinese Girls who like to make Angmo babies instead of Singaporean babies!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
We cannot always blame others!For this case,it is clear we need to blame ourselves which is the Singaporean Chinese Girls who like to make Angmo babies instead of Singaporean babies!

i where got blame him:confused:

i just say he very thick-skin only:biggrin:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
if even singaporeans don't want to retire in singapore, why should we expect PRs to convert and choose to die here?

singapore is a lousy place to retire, if you are upper middle class or lower.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's embarrassing being a sinkie. FAP is giving out citizenship like toilet paper, those who don't want will get it shaft down their throats.
frankly i don't know where to bury my head.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i keep saying this and im saying it again. you will have to treat your own people well, then others will join you. no point throwing so much money in advertising and marketing sinkapoor in other countries. PR stay in sinkapoor and know what shit they are in, thats why dont take up citizenship. no matter what commitment they have here, end of the day. sell the flat, cancel PR, take out the cpf and get the fuck off of here.

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To all foreigners :: Fxxk OFF back to your slums, chicken farms and villages ....!!! You are not welcome her !!! Ptuuuiiii....:mad:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's embarrassing being a sinkie. FAP is giving out citizenship like toilet paper, those who don't want will get it shaft down their throats.
frankly i don't know where to bury my head.
My sentiments exactly.