• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Police Commissioner wants 1,000 more policeman, only sprinters need apply

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SPF needs to go back to basics. What went wrong? Geylang can never be on par or worse than LI in terms of law and order. Just compare the numbers. I am no racist. But police experience tells me that Indians are more aggressive when they outnumber you and when intoxicated compared to Chinese. Decades of Thaipusam coverage cant be wrong. You dont get such lawlessness in events organised by mosques, churches and Chinese temples.

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably, CP could have been prompted by some in the corridors of power to voice out this proposal. A lot of senior positions will be created when SPF is given the green light to recruit the 1,000 extra bodies. These posts will be filled in by government scholars who will graduate soon or are already serving in some government departments where there is insufficient work.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Probably, CP could have been prompted by some in the corridors of power to voice out this proposal. A lot of senior positions will be created when SPF is given the green light to recruit the 1,000 extra bodies. These posts will be filled in by government scholars who will graduate soon or are already serving in some government departments where there is insufficient work.

Imo, end of the day, having that courage to take drastic action is more relevant than having numbers. Already enough jiakliaobees. No need to waste taxpayers' $$$$$$$$$$.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHK may not want to be CP because he already moved on to Admin Service, as a PS

WHK ( substantive rank DCP ) was CEO of WFA before his posting to CPIB. He is in the Admin Service but not in PS grade. All police scholars are on the dual service scheme. Most do get emplaced in the Admin Service. Only recent exception was GLK who didnt do well at MDA during his secondment. He is ( still?) DCP at MHA on special duties. AB was WHK's predecessor at WFA. He is the one who got promoted to PS as was LY before him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WHK ( substantive rank DCP ) was CEO of WFA before his posting to CPIB. He is in the Admin Service but not in PS grade. All police scholars are on the dual service scheme. Most do get emplaced in the Admin Service. Only recent exception was GLK who didnt do well at MDA during his secondment. He is ( still?) DCP at MHA on special duties. AB was WHK's predecessor at WFA. He is the one who got promoted to PS as was LY before him.

GLK is now Sr Director in MHA. May have retired. Yup, screwed up during secondment. George Yeo was his boss then.

AK not AB.

Shld be WDA not WFA.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
can mas selamat apply? his limping move managed to out sprint mata... so he must know some qing gong, nei gong and ah gong.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forgive him. He is always confused and misled. He is making himself look foolish. Oxford grad I think. Or Cambridge. A disgrace.

The most stupid statement I have come across is his claim that as they police were outnumbered, they were waiting for reinforcements to arrive.
Farking hell - the police WILL ALWAYS BE OUTNUMBERED, dumbo.
So for a football match at Jalan Besar, we need 8000 policemen there?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CP Ng made his bosses look real bad becos he asked for budget to hire but not granted........ evidently they turned him down not agreeing with the filmsy excuses he gave.........

Either he did not give a convincing presentation, or they did not trust him with a bigger budget.
Both reasons, I would suspect.
He is a Police Clown, not Police Commissioner.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most stupid statement I have come across is his claim that as they police were outnumbered, they were waiting for reinforcements to arrive.

if there are 30 CSJ. you will definitely need 8000 police. they have to line up the entire stadium, the 3 adjoining streets and every decks of the houses.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yup. His brain and backside swopped places.

In the good old 70s, we need to standby 50,000 at Kallang during Malaysia Cup matches?

Arms were issued for at least one reason.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Looks like a Sr DS post is ready for him once he retire. Early I hope.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like the poodles are following the SAF doctrine: engage the enemies only when allied forces outnumber them by a 3 to 1 ratio.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is that retirement or promotion? Will still earn the money right?

Unless he goes against the PAP, he is on track to reap $68 million of us. If he retires now, $500k annual pension. Then he gets to be director of GLC or government entities ...a cool $250k a piece. Back to million dollar income with little work to do. That's real retirement for the scholars.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is utter bs. HK should have more police because there is no army back up plus there are always protest marches by HK people which can sometimes be violent. Singapore where got protest marches like HK. Bangkok often has demonstrations but have back-up by army, M'sia have higher crime rate, Cambodia has regular workers strike and Singapore rarely have anything. The India riot is only once in so many years. Don't tell me SPF don't have enough existing resources to handle that India riot ? Hiring more for a country that rarely have such incident is a pure waste of resources. Singapore is a relatively very low crime environment, need more SPF for what ? cannot do a good job then ask for more resources, in private enterprise the VP or Director sure kena Fxxk if ask for resources like this. Private sector cut cost still have to increase sales/profit. Only Singapore gov't officials have no shame and dare do this.