• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PMET: My crime is being a Singaporean & a parent

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In some more enlightened countries, HR is forbidden to ask a prospective employee about his/her marital status during the interview process, it prevents bias and discrimination. The same goes for religion.

Seems like it is the norm for employers here to ask interview candidates about their marital status and religion. What the fuck is the Ministry of Manpower doing all these years? :rolleyes:

Many years ago during a job interview this guy who was doing the interview I think an Austrlain, made it clear that he was looking for someone who didn't have to rush home to have dinner with wife & family:eek:

What surprised me because it came from an angmo & they are usually not so blunt & open about things.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This interview is it in Sing or in Ozland?? in Ozland can complain one hor

Many years ago during a job interview this guy who was doing the interview I think an Austrlain, made it clear that he was looking for someone who didn't have to rush home to have dinner with wife & family:eek:

What surprised me because it came from an angmo & they are usually not so blunt & open about things.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the honest truth is many, especially those who voted for the PAP, live in a cuckoo ( opps! cocoon) artificial world absolve from reality.

It's actually the other way round. The 60% are well aware of the realities of life and know full well that rhetoric of the opposition may be well and good in utopia but is pretty useless in the real world.

"Democracy" and "Freedom" does nothing when it comes to earning a living and putting food on the table to feed your family. Just look at the mess the Middle East is in now after having deposed of their so called undemocratic governments. In Egypt for example, their new found "democracy" has pushed unemployment beyond 15% and the country is now nursing a staggering $200 BILLION in debt.

The 40% who voted against the PAP are simply cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Before they repeat their foolish behaviour at the 2016 ballot box, they should think long and hard about the consequences of their recklessness.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This sort of qns must ask lah,,its the corporate welfare mah,,,I mean u dont want to hire a chick that is preggy right? or intend to have kids in 6mths,,,and also in spore,,maternity leave is paid by companies and in ang mor lands its paid for by gahmen,,,so in ang mor land they not that fuss as if the bird goes on preggy leave,,the company dont pay,,,but of course got to get people to cover etc,,,and alot of women abuse the maternity leave system,,,many stories in this forum,,,that is why i dont hire newly married women and mom's with young kids,..too much headaches like my kid sick got to bring to Dr and all that BS,..if no ability to not work for the 1st 4 years of a kids life,,than dont have kids..

but i have seen women with young kids doing damn well at work as they keep their personal and professional life seperate,,,so all in all its up to the women,,but i thought birth rates are dropping?? so soon maternity etc will be a thing of the past,,

Is it any wonder why Spore has an aging population problem. It's bad enough that LKY screwed up with his stop at two policy. The PAP has also encourage work over family. Now they claim that foreigners are needed to solve the labor "shortage":rolleyes:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was going to say if this happen in ozland the company will be in big shit from the fair work Australia. I have magnificent work life balance here.
The interview was in Spore & the company was First Boston.

In their own land the angmos are careful because of the "laws" but in Spore they also know about the lack of laws.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's actually the other way round. The 60% are well aware of the realities of life and know full well that rhetoric of the opposition may be well and good in utopia but is pretty useless in the real world.

"Democracy" and "Freedom" does nothing when it comes to earning a living and putting food on the table to feed your family. Just look at the mess the Middle East is in now after having deposed of their so called undemocratic governments. In Egypt for example, their new found "democracy" has pushed unemployment beyond 15% and the country is now nursing a staggering $200 BILLION in debt.

The 40% who voted against the PAP are simply cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Before they repeat their foolish behaviour at the 2016 ballot box, they should think long and hard about the consequences of their recklessness.

we cannot compare chalk with cheese...Egypt have a long ancient history...the reason that the PAP is around is that, there are people that are stupid enough not to recognize the forest from the trees...the PAP was an opposition...maybe you weren't born yet!...we came from the State of SINGAPORE to what we are today...the opposition became the ruling party...so do not bash the oppositions...

The PAP had done helluva good for SINgapore, any dumb fool here will know...but this, we have to limit to the team that LKY brought with him....his offspring & his predecessors have brought us down a slippery road to a future disaster...highlighted by the recent riot by workers of Indian origin, & that is not a just an isolated event...it was an invent waiting to happen, like a few for the last few years...& if we to go on for another century..we need a change, maybe a gradual change, with more oppositions...

Egypt...like many should have remained under a STRONGMAN....freedom & democracy is not for people of a certain mentality...maybe this maybe so for the 60% of the people of SINgapore....people like me...have 'eaten more salt, than rice"....

Last edited:

birdie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why can't Singaporeans set up a company and do the same thing to foreigners?

LHL : If you know eating too much meat is unhealthy, why not eat more fish as it will be healthier choice.

Yes, registering a company is as easy as saying the above like farting in the air, but to setup a business and running it profitably and successfully is another. Sam, please don't just talk cock.

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL : If you know eating too much meat is unhealthy, why not eat more fish as it will be healthier choice.

Yes, registering a company is as easy as saying the above like farting in the air, but to setup a business and running it profitably and successfully is another. Sam, please don't just talk cock.

He also like to sing song too !:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this posting is true, sinkie land is indeed sinking and all locals are doomed to die if PAP Govt continues in power.

They once very good & that nobody in their right mind will disagree, their days of being good are over, but we just cannot just phase them out abruptly...they are needed but with other to 'kick their butts' & to put sharp 'spurs in their hide' & one very important thing is to remind that, it is not a divine right to be around & money is that easy to earn, especially the ordinary people have to work, blood, sweat & tears for them to pay them.

In short, we need a balance....or we have a 100% or too many percentage..we are doom!:p

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

If the foreigners can make a success of it, why can't sinkies do the same?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam, how to be one's own boss if one doesn't have any special skills but only admin skills?

Skills can be developed. I knew next to nothing about running a business when I first started but I learned along the way. Nobody in my family was a entrepreneur so I had no special genes to inherit.

It was costly at first but it was worth it.

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This I got to agree with you, but on the other hand, it is not easy to set up a company these days, but many are not willing to try, if they are unable to come out of the loop. But they choose to grumble, complain & still drag themselves from one job to another like the writer. Why complain about the 'beast' they have created??

Running a business on your own is prohibitive. One needs a vehicle which is a must like a friend of mine who needs one to carry his tools and do personal delivery of electrical items like wires, lighting tools and ladder. His 7 year old van needs to be replace but the replacement cost ( $35,000 7 years ago, but more than $100,000 today). Soon he will have to give up and more Malaysian tradesmen will come into Singapore from Johor to take up the jobs he is doing. Their operating cost is much lower.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prejudiced against workers who are parents? and govt wants us to have more babies? what an oxymoron!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LHL : If you know eating too much meat is unhealthy, why not eat more fish as it will be healthier choice.y

Your first word is LHL, no wonder you are a sinkie Cock.

Have not start biz yet and so much negative bullshit. No wonder you are a sinkie loser. Luckily I stay away from sinkie losers.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why doesn't he work for himself instead of for other people? :rolleyes:

Unlike NZ, freelancers are paid dirt in sinkapore. An IT freelancers with the skills and expertise make good money in Western countries. But in Sinkapore, they are treat no better than coolies because companies just hire cheap foreigners who will work for $10 or less per hour. These foreigners can afford to work for dirt because they have minimal expenses here. How can sinkee compete under such environment?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the foreigners can make a success of it, why can't sinkies do the same?

10 Ah Nehs or Ah Tiongs sharing a room and eat cheaply so that they can save and send money back. How can sinkees live like temporary migrants here and why should they?