• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Petition to Mr. Tan Kin Lian

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have come to know Mr. Tan Kin Lian early this year after hearing about his effort to fight for the NTUC Income policy holders' interests and rights. I have emailed Kin Lian personally to ask him to consider to run for the next Presidential Elections. He is fully well qualified to become an independent Presidential candidate. We met up subsequently but Kin Lian has his reservations about running for Presidential Elections mainly of his wife's preference as well as whether he is not sure whether Singaporeans want a contest at all.

Recently, Kin Lian called me up to help him with his Mandarin speeches at Hong Lim Park, to help those structured products investors to seek fair compensation from these mis-sold products. I have agreed to help him and in the process, I get to know him better as a person.

Kin Lian is a person with great convictions and beliefs in Fairness as well as Social Justice. The reason why he has acted TWICE in a short span of time to stand up for aggrieved insurance policy holders as well as structured product investors is mainly because he believes that they are not been FAIRLY TREATED. In the course of meeting up with him, I do find that he has strong beliefs in good governance in which the government must take care of the people's interests first rather than their own. Most importantly, he has shown great patriotism and convictions for this country. He has even joked that if there are enough people who want him to stand as Presidential candidate and gets elected, he would only keep a small part of the hefty annual salary that the President drawn and donated the rest to the charities around Singapore. He believes that political office holders should not be there just for the money and keep comparing it with private top salaries. A political office is PUBLIC SERVICE, not a commercial post. A decent salary to keep them to live in comfort should be enough and it definitely need not be a million dollar annual pay. This is what Kin Lian believes.

Yes, a man at his age, status and well being, does not need to get involved at all in this political arena and fully understand his position. But from recent happenings, I believe many people's eyes have been opened to see the ugly side of what a lopsided political system could do to us. The government has unfairly sided with big financial institutions even without conducting any OPEN AND TRANSPARENT investigations into the Minibond saga.

When PAP Town Councils lost money in these structured products, tens of millions dollars are considered as "small" (maybe even peanuts) and yet PAP MP still insist that we must be thankful to them for making money in the past! I can understand that even big institutions could lose money in investment especially so when they are mis-sold (yes, as MM Lee says, they should have "walk in with their eyes open") but to present such aloof and arrogant attitude towards the whole matter is unbecoming of ELECTED political office holders! Maybe its because ministers have million or even multi-million dollar annual pay and thus, a couple of ten million dollars are just "peanuts" to them. But for most people who earn less than $50K a year, a couple of 10 million dollars IS A BIG DEAL to them! To add salt to injury and insults, they even claim that WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL to them! Its not merely about the monetary lost but rather the total lost of humility and SENSE OF PUBLIC RESPONSIBILITY as PUBLIC SERVANTS.

I would say that they SHOULD BE GRATEFUL TO VOTERS whom voted them in to give them the opportunity to SERVE the people. It is their job to manage the funds well because they are elected and paid to do the job.

I feel very sad about such attitude from PAP MPs and ministers alike. They have totally forgotten that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS. And I believe that we should have more people with great status and beliefs in what PUBLIC SERVICE should be to be elected into parliament as an alternative MPs to PAP. I have spoken to Kin Lian about this and although he agrees with what I have said, he still feels that he does not want to get into parliamentary politics if there is no PUBLIC DEMAND for alternatives to PAP. I have suggested to him that I will start a Nation wide petition for a call and show of PUBLIC SUPPORT and DEMAND of him to stand up for our beloved country. If I can get a substantial amount of signatures in the thousands or even tens of thousands signature, I really hope that he could reconsider to lead a group of credible people whom he thinks could serve the country better as Alternative MPs to the ruling party.

And so, here I am, writing to all my beloved Singaporeans, to do your part in signing this petition here if you agree with what I say here and strongly believe in the need of having a credible team of alternative MPs led by Mr. Tan Kin Lian. Mr. Tan Kin Lian has been writing petitions and collecting signatures for all these while for many Singaporeans out there to fight for their rights and interests. It is time that we should do something in return, to petition him to lead a group of credible people to stand up for our rights and interests in parliament. All information collected will be kept in confidence. We need your action and support to create a better Singapore for our future generations.

An Online Petition will be created very soon and if we have the resources, we will go round island to collect signatures for this petition by next month. Watch this space for the next few days for more updates.

Goh Meng Seng

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
keep it going :smile:

set up a point for people to do online donation too

the alternative MPs idea sounds good and may well energise the opposition scene

Last edited:

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope TKL takes up this challenge to contest Nathan.

Good work Meng Seng, at least there is something to look forward to.

I have come to know Mr. Tan Kin Lian early this year after hearing about his effort to fight for the NTUC Income policy holders' interests and rights. I have emailed Kin Lian personally to ask him to consider to run for the next Presidential Elections. He is fully well qualified to become an independent Presidential candidate. We met up subsequently but Kin Lian has his reservations about running for Presidential Elections mainly of his wife's preference as well as whether he is not sure whether Singaporeans want a contest at all.

Recently, Kin Lian called me up to help him with his Mandarin speeches at Hong Lim Park, to help those structured products investors to seek fair compensation from these mis-sold products. I have agreed to help him and in the process, I get to know him better as a person.

Kin Lian is a person with great convictions and beliefs in Fairness as well as Social Justice. The reason why he has acted TWICE in a short span of time to stand up for aggrieved insurance policy holders as well as structured product investors is mainly because he believes that they are not been FAIRLY TREATED. In the course of meeting up with him, I do find that he has strong beliefs in good governance in which the government must take care of the people's interests first rather than their own. Most importantly, he has shown great patriotism and convictions for this country. He has even joked that if there are enough people who want him to stand as Presidential candidate and gets elected, he would only keep a small part of the hefty annual salary that the President drawn and donated the rest to the charities around Singapore. He believes that political office holders should not be there just for the money and keep comparing it with private top salaries. A political office is PUBLIC SERVICE, not a commercial post. A decent salary to keep them to live in comfort should be enough and it definitely need not be a million dollar annual pay. This is what Kin Lian believes.

Yes, a man at his age, status and well being, does not need to get involved at all in this political arena and fully understand his position. But from recent happenings, I believe many people's eyes have been opened to see the ugly side of what a lopsided political system could do to us. The government has unfairly sided with big financial institutions even without conducting any OPEN AND TRANSPARENT investigations into the Minibond saga.

When PAP Town Councils lost money in these structured products, tens of millions dollars are considered as "small" (maybe even peanuts) and yet PAP MP still insist that we must be thankful to them for making money in the past! I can understand that even big institutions could lose money in investment especially so when they are mis-sold (yes, as MM Lee says, they should have "walk in with their eyes open") but to present such aloof and arrogant attitude towards the whole matter is unbecoming of ELECTED political office holders! Maybe its because ministers have million or even multi-million dollar annual pay and thus, a couple of ten million dollars are just "peanuts" to them. But for most people who earn less than $50K a year, a couple of 10 million dollars IS A BIG DEAL to them! To add salt to injury and insults, they even claim that WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL to them! Its not merely about the monetary lost but rather the total lost of humility and SENSE OF PUBLIC RESPONSIBILITY as PUBLIC SERVANTS.

I would say that they SHOULD BE GRATEFUL TO VOTERS whom voted them in to give them the opportunity to SERVE the people. It is their job to manage the funds well because they are elected and paid to do the job.

I feel very sad about such attitude from PAP MPs and ministers alike. They have totally forgotten that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS. And I believe that we should have more people with great status and beliefs in what PUBLIC SERVICE should be to be elected into parliament as an alternative MPs to PAP. I have spoken to Kin Lian about this and although he agrees with what I have said, he still feels that he does not want to get into parliamentary politics if there is no PUBLIC DEMAND for alternatives to PAP. I have suggested to him that I will start a Nation wide petition for a call and show of PUBLIC SUPPORT and DEMAND of him to stand up for our beloved country. If I can get a substantial amount of signatures in the thousands or even tens of thousands signature, I really hope that he could reconsider to lead a group of credible people whom he thinks could serve the country better as Alternative MPs to the ruling party.

And so, here I am, writing to all my beloved Singaporeans, to do your part in signing this petition here if you agree with what I say here and strongly believe in the need of having a credible team of alternative MPs led by Mr. Tan Kin Lian. Mr. Tan Kin Lian has been writing petitions and collecting signatures for all these while for many Singaporeans out there to fight for their rights and interests. It is time that we should do something in return, to petition him to lead a group of credible people to stand up for our rights and interests in parliament. All information collected will be kept in confidence. We need your action and support to create a better Singapore for our future generations.

An Online Petition will be created very soon and if we have the resources, we will go round island to collect signatures for this petition by next month. Watch this space for the next few days for more updates.

Goh Meng Seng

SevenEleven

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have reservation about him (was with NTUC Income and became vocal only after his retirement) just like I had reservation about our late Mr Ong Teng Cheong. However the late Mr Ong didn't disappoint me and given that with such strigent requirement, we will be shoved with just any Tom Dick or Harry of their choice, I''m for it

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd also strongly persuade and encourage all respondants to this petition to indicate support for Goh Meng Seng to stand for election again. As he has proven that he was capable of doing and scoring respectably in the last election, more maturity and improvement point to a better performance or evening crossing the winning line.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
huh? GMS - can you clarify if your petition is for president or alternative MPs...thought it was clear but no harm in you clarifying

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
huh? GMS - can you clarify if your petition is for president or alternative MPs...thought it was clear but no harm in you clarifying

Kakowi,

For the moment, I am petitioning him to lead a group of credible people to contest the next GE (which I suspect is round the corner). Getting into parliament to exert political pressure is one of the more urgent mission now.

Goh Meng Seng

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, well done! keep it up :smile: YES! Tan Kin Lian for President.

Z

Zombie

I'd also strongly persuade and encourage all respondants to this petition to indicate support for Goh Meng Seng to stand for election again. As he has proven that he was capable of doing and scoring respectably in the last election, more maturity and improvement point to a better performance or evening crossing the winning line.

If GMS wants to be president, I may consider supporting.

In USA, they have a president who anyhow-blame for almost 8 long years. That is why the americans anyhow-check and anyhow-balance the world. I do not wish to see one right here in Sg. :biggrin:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kakowi,

For the moment, I am petitioning him to lead a group of credible people to contest the next GE (which I suspect is round the corner). Getting into parliament to exert political pressure is one of the more urgent mission now.

Goh Meng Seng

sounds good...a pro-people...pro-active...alternative

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! there is something encouraging to look forward in this life now, not for myself alone, but for all the sons and daughters of Singaorean.

Z

Zombie

Kakowi,

Goh Meng Seng

GMS

Why not too long ago you said president election (not GE) round the corner,
and now you think GE is round the corner?

Then you call for TKL to be president, and now you petition him to lead people to next GE?

What is going on? You are not focus.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
GMS

Why not too long ago you said president election (not GE) round the corner,
and now you think GE is round the corner?

Then you call for TKL to be president, and now you petition him to lead people to next GE?

What is going on? You are not focus.

Dear Zombie,

Initially, I would think that the likelihood of presidential elections would be more probable due to the ripe age of our present president.

But the economy has unexpectedly nose-dive and by the things that are going on, with PAP moving forward the budget for next, it is HIGHLY PROBABLE that they would just throw money during Budget and announce elections later.

It happens in 2001, right after (3 months) 911, whereby PAP threw money by means of "off budget packages). PAP does not like uncertainties.

It also happen in 2006 whereby elections are held immediately after Budget, and polling day is so close to the collection of GST package!

Thus the signs are all here and I cannot ignore all these signs. I would better get everyone prepared for a super snap elections rather than wait for the unexpected to happens.

Goh Meng Seng

jeckie1970

Alfrescian
Loyal
count me in for this petition ...we need a man to stand up for us..
not carrying babies, posing for pictures...waving to crowds and collects millions...

if so easy....my opic's auntie who does the cleaning job, can fit that bill too...

Z

Zombie

GMS

Can president election be held, say 2-3 months after GE? I don't know.

So, what if TKL leads a group of men and got into trouble during GE, because of his anyhow blame? Game over for president election. Are you trying to make me happy? :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
GMS

Can president election be held, say 2-3 months after GE? I don't know.

So, what if TKL leads a group of men and got into trouble during GE, because of his anyhow blame? Game over for president election. Are you trying to make me happy? :biggrin:

Dear Zombie,

Put it this way, it is easier to stand for elections in GE than Presidential Elections. Even if Tan Kin Lian is well qualified, he got to pass through the "three wise men" committee, remember? :wink:

I have faith in Kin Lian. So far, he has carried himself well in all these saga, even though he was character assassinated, he kept his cool.

Goh Meng Seng

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
siao lar MENG SENG, why u trying to get ah lian into trouble??

you want him to bear the PAP full firepower which can suddenly include charges of tax evasion or maybe they find he claim taxi fares wrongly while CEO at ntuc income??