• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

pc clash..

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There seem to be an abundant of Mac Fanboys in here. I used to do Desktop/server support and as far as my experience goes, if just as much pain supporting a Mac as it is with Windows. In fact its usually a hell lot easier to resolve problems in Windows as compared to the Mac. I've actually tried a couple of times where even the Mac pple cant solve their own problems. Overall I think there are strengths and weaknesses in both the Mac and Windows, no need to condemn one or the other. They can be just as bad. And yeah there's such a thing as a Blue Screen on Macs too.

There are viruses for the mac and the reason why it's less than windows is simply cos programmers design the viruses for windows rather than macs, cos less ppl use it and hence by the law of averages the chances of infecting ppl with macs is lesser than ppl with windows.

ALso why do more ppl use windows compared to macs? The dumb host would give some stupid analogy like hey more ppl use toyotas compared to ferraris which is obviously riddiculous to be compared to macs and windows cos macs aren't ferraris and neither are windows toyotas.

Macs are also more expensive. Somehow they simply feel justified by charging more which goes against economics.

What;s up with macs only having 1 mouse button? I wonder if that's still the case but they wanted to be different from windows so they only have 1 mouse button which gives it less functionality.

Z

Zombie

What;s up with macs only having 1 mouse button? I wonder if that's still the case but they wanted to be different from windows so they only have 1 mouse button which gives it less functionality.

Apple's Macintosh was already using a mouse and GUI, when MS was still using DOS for personal computers.

Seeing Apple's success, MS introduced Windows (ie GUI+mouse) only 1-2 years later.

Apple had been using 1 mouse button since the beginning.

http://www.vectronicsappleworld.com/macintosh/mouse.html

:biggrin:

kaikora

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear bro sideswipe, tq for the link, i manage to get regcure version 1.5.2.7, its suppose to cure and optimise the machine, many scan and many fixing, still slow leh.. take ages to load a webpage too and my pc still lagging big time. i dont see the broadband is in the fault here, my problem started when i cant read newpaper online, and now more webpages cant excess too.
jiaklat liao.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like I said in the earlier post, if its a registry problem, better to use Windows repair to fix it. And if its lagging, it might be caused by some programs that U have running in the background. Remove all those programs that U dont need

kaikora

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, i doesnt have much programme running in this pc, my pc running window vista. ive been using regucre to scan and correcting the errors, its look like the file path and the registry never been corrected ever since.. ( the roots of the problem is im using avast free anti virus software, the other day, while cleaning the pc, i saw a few virus and trojan in the vault, i tot deleting it for goods, and before i go on to deleting. it prompt the mssg ''it will clash ur registy and bla bla, r u sure u wanna proceed?'' ..i just ignore it.. and after that.. become like this lor... sigh... tq for ur reply bro. i appreciate it.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, i doesnt have much programme running in this pc, my pc running window vista. ive been using regucre to scan and correcting the errors, its look like the file path and the registry never been corrected ever since.. ( the roots of the problem is im using avast free anti virus software, the other day, while cleaning the pc, i saw a few virus and trojan in the vault, i tot deleting it for goods, and before i go on to deleting. it prompt the mssg ''it will clash ur registy and bla bla, r u sure u wanna proceed?'' ..i just ignore it.. and after that.. become like this lor... sigh... tq for ur reply bro. i appreciate it.

I'm not sure about what caused the clash but U can generally use Windows CD to fix registry problems.