• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pay SGD$1,600 for dishwasher, but cannot find Singaporeans to take. You believe?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm...here's what i found for 2008.

assuming the birth rate for S'pore = 8.5 /1,000. Given 3million singaporean, birth = 25,500

assuming no infant mortality...all these kids survive to schooling. Dropout rate of 1.6% , you get 408. is that considered high?

2The dropout rate in Singapore is now at 1.6%, and has been decreasing considerably from 5.3% in 1997 and 3.6% in 2002. The decrease has reflected improvements at all levels and amongst students of all ethnic groups.

i must be special to know quite a few with only PSLE, and most of them in their 20s now and the neighbourhood i grew up currently have quite a lot ppl with only O level credits. bro, dun believe the statistic by govt, mostly bullshit. look at those handphone shop ah bengs or ah lian salegirls in shopping centre, how many make it beyong O level. where do u think the so call 20% low income families come from? maybe i more grassroot, i know many youngsters with only O level and no company will hire a O level for an office job. The age of the office boy already past.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your stats don't even tell half of the picture, not withstanding the lack of the significance level being shown.

So are you trying to tell us that those born in the 60s, 70s and 80s are no longer living in Singapore? After all, your stats examine drop out rates in the 90s to recent years only. In other words, the stats you provided are as useful as a copy of Straits Times after I am done with my shitting.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your stats don't even tell half of the picture, not withstanding the lack of the significance level being shown.

So are you trying to tell us that those born in the 60s, 70s and 80s are no longer living in Singapore? After all, your stats examine drop out rates in the 90s to recent years only. In other words, the stats you provided are as useful as a copy of Straits Times after I am done with my shitting.

well...u disagree, no problems.

please show us what you have.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gong cheeby jumbo too kiam to invest in one of these?

bracton-commercial-dishwasher-range.jpg

seriously, manual labour like dishwashing is unpopular. even if they pay $2k they will have problem finding someone. why don't they automate these tasks?

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is the level of comprehension in this forum that low? Now i understand why Sam likes to say the majority of people here are morons.

The question in this case is ALL Singaporeans not willing to take a $1,600 job? That includes the lowly educated and retirees.

The job was never meant for Singaporeans, but rather the FTs. There never was an intention to hire Singaporeans.

When you have a massive influx of cheaper, better, faster FTs, wages become artificially depressed.

Ah, but the employers will still insist that Singaporeans are too picky...so, left with no choice, poor ol' employer had to hire the FTs as a last resort.

THAT is the typical spin job. A spin job done with full blessings of the 'tripartite labour movement'.

When you do not have real labour unions with real muscle and real negotiating power, the only inevitable consequence is workers getting exploited by their corporate masters.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is something wrong. If it is $1,600 a month there should be a queue of Singaporeans to take job. This Jumbo story is now a topic of discussion and its not about lazy Singaporeans. It more about the figure, the hours required to work etc. i think it was a mistake.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is something wrong. If it is $1,600 a month there should be a queue of Singaporeans to take job. This Jumbo story is now a topic of discussion and its not about lazy Singaporeans. It more about the figure, the hours required to work etc. i think it was a mistake.

maybe the actual story is $1600 without off day + weekend + PH + OT. Maybe actual basic is $500, but if the fella work 12-14 hours a day, no off, no rest, work pH and weekend, can earn up to $1600 per month

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It just shows what a spoilt bunch sinkies are. There are twits in this forum who keep calling on the govt to help the poor but the problem is that these so called "poor" refuse to take the jobs that are readily available. They expect to sit back and demand handouts instead.

I believe these losers should receive a good kick up the arse. If they refuse to work, they should be thrown in jail.

Can I ask you what is the median pay of a dish washer and its related benefits/incentives in Aussie land? Thereafter, I can comment on what you have written above.

Last edited:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Can I ask you what is the median pay of a dish washer and its related benefits/incentives in Aussie land? Thereafter, I can comment on what you have written above.

In AngMo country, there is absolutely no human dish washers! How is Sam's going to quote you?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
gong cheeby jumbo too kiam to invest in one of these?

bracton-commercial-dishwasher-range.jpg

seriously, manual labour like dishwashing is unpopular. even if they pay $2k they will have problem finding someone. why don't they automate these tasks?

i ever work in a hotel as a lowly cook for a few months in holiday, thus work hands in hands with the dishwasher.

that machine do not wash the dish very well, its only roughly wash off. you still need someone using a high pressure hose to wash it well and make sure the plate is free of soap.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect that is the case.
maybe the actual story is $1600 without off day + weekend + PH + OT. Maybe actual basic is $500, but if the fella work 12-14 hours a day, no off, no rest, work pH and weekend, can earn up to $1600 per month

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i ever work in a hotel as a lowly cook for a few months in holiday, thus work hands in hands with the dishwasher.

that machine do not wash the dish very well, its only roughly wash off. you still need someone using a high pressure hose to wash it well and make sure the plate is free of soap.

I use a lot of dishwasher machines in the apartment during my long trips to oz. Worked fined leh. Ok they are not for industrial use but I'm sure they are not too different.

The microwave and washing machines have already become a way of life now. The dishwasher is next.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I suspect from $15 per hour. In the 80s, packers in supermarkets were paid about $10 per hour in N America. My guess of $15 is therefore very conservative.

Isn't Jumbo boss the amen type like C K Tang?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use a lot of dishwasher machines in the apartment during my long trips to oz. Worked fined leh. Ok they are not for industrial use but I'm sure they are not too different.

The microwave and washing machines have already become a way of life now. The dishwasher is next.

the plate after the dishwashing machine can still be slightly oily to the hotel standard. this is how they do it in hotel (it was almost 7 years back, i might get it wrong), they use high pressure hose flush out majority of the rubbish into the sink first, then throw inside the dish washing machine, then take it out and flush it again using the high pressure hose to make sure its really clean as there might be soap foam on it.

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
1,600 before CPF cut. After CPF take home = 1280.

work 10 hrs, heavy work - abt 12.80 per hour.

not easy job. who will be able to take this job? retirees? Retrenched PMETs? ITE grads won't even take this job....they can easily earn this amt being an office boy.

work 6 day week,12 hr shift, no meal break or tea break no transport allowance , no Medici leave or claim , 7 day annals leave , no annual bonus or no pay increment (work till your hand rot still the same pay ), no OT pay stand for 12 hrs , and everyone (esp waiter or waitess) look down on you,dish washer also must throw trash (smelly and dirty water dripping) mop and clean the kitchen after the closing . u keep on washing for 12 hr x 6 days

so who want to work, coz i have try when i was jobless for 6 month thks to our belove GOV.

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$2000/= per month to wash dish also have, but don't be too happy.

Did you notice the telecom satellite dish off Lentor? Those who washed before also luan kan!