• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Part 2 - WP Indian Candidate Resignation

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only that, they are obviously racists.

Prove with evidence or examples. Racists in what sense? I'm sick and tired of assholes like you that accuse ppl and say that singapore is racist or this or that party is racist and there's no examples at all.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
imho, SL shld go ahead and sue. SL is not Old Man. she does not have all the buttons and knobs to tweak and turn, definitely not the fear and the power and influence Old Man wields. Certainly no kangaroo court result. So I venture to say that the public will not hold SL in any negative light, but instead feel she has every right to clear her name. If the verdict goes in her favour, as I think it would, nobody will think there was any kelong, and she will come out smelling like roses.

There is certainly a hidden hand and this guy is the patsy.

Note the comment where he says that he can't prove it and neither can Sylvia. But he made the allegation. If sylvia sued he will lose his pants but the onus lies with him to substantiate and not with Sylvia. There is a hidden agenda. If Sylvia sues, she and WP will be branded no diffent to old man and PAP who recently revived their law suit adventures. This Indian chap will lose his pants and he is the sacrificial idiot cum lamb but the bigger damage will hit WP. If Sylvia does not sue, the doubts will remain and m&d sticks. Her hands are tied.

That paragraph in particular was well crafted, intentional and a bait.

This Indian chap has been truly sodomised and he has no clue what is going on.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Note the comment where he says that he can't prove it and neither can Sylvia. But he made the allegation. If sylvia sued he will lose his pants but the onus lies with him to substantiate and not with Sylvia. There is a hidden agenda. If Sylvia sues, she and WP will be branded no diffent to old man and PAP who recently revived their law suit adventures. This Indian chap will lose his pants and he is the sacrificial idiot cum lamb but the bigger damage will hit WP. If Sylvia does not sue, the doubts will remain and m&d sticks. Her hands are tied.

That paragraph in particular was well crafted, intentional and a bait.

This Indian chap has been truly sodomised and he has no clue what is going on.

Aren't THEY desperate? This whole thing is so obvious. I was expecting a more skilful approach. One that is hard to assess and conclude.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

. If sylvia sued he will lose his pants but the onus lies with him to substantiate and not with Sylvia.

Why won't Sylvia sue on principal basis.People elsewhere take defamation suits to prove a point.Because defamation is exactly what it is---to defame one'e fame ...it does not need to be monetized.It's only LKY who used defamation suits to permanently silence his political opponents.

I know why Sylvia would not want to sue. First it must be libelous.If there was no lie in the first place, there was no need to even consider malice .And malice must be intended.Even than defamation committed deliberately with malice is a stretched argument at best.

At worst it gonna open up a pandora box.Every sundry will now know how WP operates.

Pleez lah.Sue here sue there suka suka hah?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It just that the opposition has used this approach against the PAP. I too hope she sues him after the by elections. We need to teach these arseholes a lesson for being used like a toy.

imho, SL shld go ahead and sue. SL is not Old Man. she does not have all the buttons and knobs to tweak and turn, definitely not the fear and the power and influence Old Man wields. Certainly no kangaroo court result. So I venture to say that the public will not hold SL in any negative light, but instead feel she has every right to clear her name. If the verdict goes in her favour, as I think it would, nobody will think there was any kelong, and she will come out smelling like roses.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
You did notby yourself but you agreed with perspective.And perspective implied minority races(opposition candidates) are sub standard...for lack of intellect and character.As in here.

For the fact,whether you admire JBJ or despise him is not the issue.At least not between myself and perspective.But if you have an opinion on JBJ or digress ;you are most welcome.But why the need to hook yours with perspective's is beyond me.And that is my bone of contention.

Anyway,I see this discussion(sic) going nowhere.We can always agree to disagree.Good Day !

I don't see your point. I only agreed with Perspective regarding his not striking a chord with JBJ, simply because he mentioned it and I also carried my own reservation twenty years back.

I am not even sure whether I was agreeing with him on what he thought of JBJ. He mentioned about JBJ's policy and leadership. I was talking about his loss of focus and self indulgence and his deterioration in oratorical skills.

So how can you say I am siding with Perspective whom I do not know personally or by association outside of this forum. If you were to study carefully my past postings here, you should come to the conclusion that I am very independent and I work alone.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
If sylvia sued he will lose his pants but the onus lies with him to substantiate and not with Sylvia. There is a hidden agenda. If Sylvia sues, she and WP will be branded no diffent to old man and PAP who recently revived their law suit adventures. This Indian chap will lose his pants and he is the sacrificial idiot cum lamb but the bigger damage will hit WP. If Sylvia does not sue, the doubts will remain and m&d sticks. Her hands are tied.

Absolutely agree. Days ago a friend asked the same question (ie why WP did not sue) and I said that suing appears to look bad these days no thanks to the number of years PAP used this tactic. Some people (eg. Joseph and his Temasek tablets) appears to be aware of that and therefore realised some time ago that the opposition is actually quite easy to defame. Not only Sajeev, some of the things GMS said, WP could have sued and won as well, but it looks bad.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
The proof is clear from Sajeev's letter. WP is a racist party.
Sajeev's involvement in the GE and his memebership status in WP are there for all to see. There is just no way out for WP an Sylvia.
And Sylvia Lim certainly won't dare to sue even though the exposure does defame WP and her simply because what Rajeev said was true.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
So how can you say I am siding with Perspective whom I do not know personally or by association outside of this forum. If you were to study carefully my past postings here, you should come to the conclusion that I am very independent and I work alone.

Did I said you are personally associated with perspective or otherwise?I only wrote as this
For the fact,whether you admire JBJ or despise him is not the issue.At least not between myself and perspective.But if you have an opinion on JBJ or digress ;you are most welcome.But why the need to hook yours with perspective's is beyond me.And that is my bone of contention.

!

Please don't read too much into our arguments/discussion.We had team up against Sam for the sake of democracy along with Tracy Tan in a thread before.But here we disagree vehemently.That is what democracy is all about.

Even if I or you win this argument;what good is it?....it's not even exchangeable for NTUC vouchers.Hence I have said my piece and you have said yours.Just let's move on.

If it's make you feel any better than I tender my apologies.I am sure we may see eye to eye in another thread.Life is too short for petty quarrel.Live and let live.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think WP will look bad. A little David suing and not Goliath. People can see the suit is based on law, not political intimidation.

The PAP has given our libel laws and judiciary a bad name. Time to restore our faith in them.

Absolutely agree. Days ago a friend asked the same question (ie why WP did not sue) and I said that suing appears to look bad these days no thanks to the number of years PAP used this tactic. Some people (eg. Joseph and his Temasek tablets) appears to be aware of that and therefore realised some time ago that the opposition is actually quite easy to defame. Not only Sajeev, some of the things GMS said, WP could have sued and won as well, but it looks bad.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The proof is clear from Sajeev's letter. WP is a racist party.
Sajeev's involvement in the GE and his memebership status in WP are there for all to see. There is just no way out for WP an Sylvia.
And Sylvia Lim certainly won't dare to sue even though the exposure does defame WP and her simply because what Rajeev said was true.

You also always Ah Neh here and Ah Neh there in this forum, You too are racist?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
If it's make you feel any better than I tender my apologies.I am sure we may see eye to eye in another thread.Life is too short for petty quarrel.Live and let live.

I think it was all a misunderstanding. We agree more than we disagree. Yes. Let's put this behind us.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
And talking about defamation /and sue here and sue there read below as what Dr.Mahathir wrote in his blog.

http://chedet.co.cc/chedetblog/2011/01/censorship.html

1. Governments have often been accused of censoring unpleasant reports or books about them. Obviously this practice is not regarded highly by democrats everywhere. People believe that there must be some truth in the censored articles or publications, otherwise why should they be censored or banned.

2. Now we are seeing individuals, organisations and governments which have no power to censor also indulging in censoring unfavourable reports about them.

3. This they do by threatening to sue or suing the whistle blowers. The threat is intended to deter not only the particular individual but others also from uttering or reporting the same allegation. If the threat fails, then the matter is made a subject of libel action. Whether it becomes sub-judice or not the person is deterred from repeating the statements as it may prejudice the courts.

4. The affect of the libel action is to prevent the respondent from repeating the allegation. Effectively he has been censored, his right of free speech denied.

5. And if the court case can be prolonged, the censorship, or denial of the freedom of speech of the respondent will be effective in hiding the truth of the matter.

6. I am not a lawyer of course but I think the law is being abused to hide acts which may be criminal. Or it may be in order to prevent the public from getting the right information to make political decision.

7. I wonder whether the act to protect whistleblowers cover this thing or not.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
One that is hard to assess and conclude.

news just in:
during my kopi tioh earlier, overheard some chaps ranking this Indian fella together with JG... it's really funny how the invisible hand tries to manipulate, the ground sentiment have a mind of their own... it's the ground sentiment that matters after all, isn't it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
news just in:
during my kopi tioh earlier, overheard some chaps ranking this Indian fella together with JG... it's really funny how the invisible hand tries to manipulate, the ground sentiment have a mind of their own... it's the ground sentiment that matters after all, isn't it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

It's quite funny because whenever I have a chance to raincheck with friends and colleagues on the departures of former WP candidates/members etc. and whether they support PAP or not, they always have the impression that these people were "kicked out by LTK" and "asked to leave" rather than "resign".

Those who support PAP do so because they are more confident with voting PAP and not because WP has "departures" or "disunity". In the first place, if they are not confident of WP's abilities, it wouldn't make a difference to their choice as to whether WP was infighting or not or racist or not. And since they are not confident with WP's candidates as individuals, it makes no iota of difference in their eyes that these candidates are no longer with WP because they are still the same people and my friends wouldn't believe them since they did not do so in the first place. Eg if I don't believe in you, it doesn't make a difference whether you are in WP or outside WP.

As for my friends who support WP, they would naturally ignore these factors.

So Sajeev, GMS, ET and SKP needs to face the reality.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Note his 2nd letter, a really doozy. The phrase " twist and turn" would be an understatement.
3) There were no witnesses present at that meeting and hence I am in no position to prove to anyone that she did indeed say that to me. By the same token, I believe Ms Lim is not in a position to prove to anyone that she did not make those statements to me. The public is free to form its own opinions and I respect that.

This is classic. Admitted that he cannot substantiate anything, but ask readers to decide who to believe. Giving a veneer of objectivity whilst still maintaining his smear against Sylvia.

The timing of the letter itself is a dead giveaway. Now he seeks objectivity from the readership. As Scroobal says, twist and turn. Hope he doesn't get his knickers in a knot.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is done by a PAP sponsor too eager. It now seems like a blowback similar to V Balakrishnan and the VW /Ravi video tape incident.

Aren't THEY desperate? This whole thing is so obvious. I was expecting a more skilful approach. One that is hard to assess and conclude.