• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK Muslim mayor apologizes and resigns after taking part in LGBTQ Pride flag rasing ceremony, Allahu Akbar!

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://5pillarsuk.com/2023/06/20/m...logises-and-resigns-after-raising-lgbtq-flag/

The Muslim Tory mayor of Keighley in West Yorkshire, Cllr Mohammed Nazam, has apologised to Muslims and resigned after taking part in an LGBTQ Pride flag-raising ceremony.

Cllr Nazam was suspended by the Conservative group on Bradford Council once his comments came to light and later announced he would quit as mayor.

He said: “In relation to media reports about my suspension from the Conservative Party, I had already resigned from the Conservative Party and as a Keighley Town Mayor with immediate effect.

“A few days ago I attended the flag raising for LGBTQ community. This did not conform to my religious beliefs and hence I offered an apology to my constituents.

“By my apology I did not mean any harm to any member of my constituency. My religion teaches respect and tolerance for all and the law of the land….

Following Mohammed Nazam’s resignation Keighley Town Council issued the following statement: ·

“This afternoon Cllr Mohammed Nazam has resigned as Town Mayor with immediate effect. The Town Council will meet in due to course to elect a new Mayor for the remainder of the Municipal year.

“The Town Council has a long record of supporting and celebrating all sections of the amazingly diverse Keighley community. The Pride flag will continue to fly proudly in the Town Hall Square for the remainder of Pride Month as planned.

“As a Council we recognise the hard work of organisations, such as, Keighley Pride undertake to celebrate PRIDE annually and raise awareness of the challenges faced by many in the LGBTQ community. The Council will continue to do whatever it can to support similar groups and the wider LGBTQ community.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is pointless to appease the Islamofascists or LGBTQ sodomites. Career politicians just want to get their votes.