• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP wants George Yeo to lose

blahblah

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 2nd is that if PAP can see fit to entertain ideas that TPL can be a great politician then so can Nicole. Mind you, we are suppose to have the top talents in Singapore running the country and they all agree that TPL is their equal. Don't you agree with our Ministers?

Is the introduction of a young PAP candidate TPL, a precursor to the introduction of another young Lee candidate in the next GE?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
does not look too gd bro...problem wif singaporeans tend to hv a soft heart n not think wif their brains when it comes to these sort of emotional tugstring tactics...think the tide may now be turning back in paps favour...however i still believe it all boils down to tonight's telly broadcasts...10pm tonight is D Day bro!!...fingers n toes crossed LHL fails to deliver...
So Porfiro,

Do you think LSL pulled it off? Was his apologies enough to take Aljunied?
[/QUOTE]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
GY reminds me abit of Chris Patten when Patten lost his seat n cabinet position during the UK GE in the early 90s when the political tide was slowly but inevitably turning agst tory rule...however GY has not lost as yet...

I did read about GY now talking about reforming within. It has to take the opposition's voice to get this man to start thinking in this manner when he has all the years in government not to know.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure abt the timeline i.e. whether GY was minister at MOH when his brother prof PPB Yeo apparently suddenly packed up n left the medical faculty of NUS leaving for california, usa for good or so it wld seem??...big mystery as to why Prof peter yeo suddenly upped n left wif his family when he was a high flyer at NUS med faculty, perhaps even wif possibility of taking over fm the then VC lim pin...one other curious thing, apparently prof peter yeo's name was still on the med faculty list for yrs after he had left for cali...
Wonder if you have any info on GY leaving MOH?

This is what I heard - GY favoured a relative who wanted to set-up a pharmacy in one of the hospitals. He was investigated by an appropriate agency. Benefit of doubt was given. He was then moved out of MOH.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more i read n hear...the more GY reminds me of Chris Patten's case in the UK...how ironic that GY fell out wif the same man who once set him up in public as the committed singaporean philosopher/soldier...also it spoke volumes that it was apparently only due to GY's influence that the 2nd mrs. gks agreed to the public funneral for dr gks...

Unfortunately no. I think it was with BBC. GY did not perform well and old man felt that GY did not sound committed and convincing. It has been downhill ever since. Have you seen Kishore give an interview on a sampan in front of the skyline. Despite chopping waters, the guy was steady as a rock. Until the wife's condition deteriorated, Old man and wife would attend dinners hosted by Kishore at his Dunbar walk home with one influential foreign identity as the guest. Small and quite affairs but GY was not into stuff like that. He was more family and his link was via modern technology such as blogs. The irony is that he is the minister to engage the young directly and it is the young that will do him in. The young in this case were aiming at the PAP and not him personally.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
does not look too gd bro...problem wif singaporeans tend to hv a soft heart n not think wif their brains when it comes to these sort of emotional tugstring tactics...think the tide may now be turning back in paps favour...however i still believe it all boils down to tonight's telly broadcasts...10pm tonight is D Day bro!!...fingers n toes crossed LHL fails to deliver...

If it is LHL doing it, I don't think there will be much change. The crying, apologies etc have become old hat.

At this point, the only person who can shift the result is MM. Something like MM coming out to do the party political broadcast and do something unthinkable like say sorry and ask for another chance. :eek:

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
not surprisingly gayle was co-opted by the paps wif a scholarship(s)...most likely in ivy league land now after leaving oxbridge...all courtsey of the govt read pap...recall mfa supremo kausikan had a bit of a soft spot for her when she 'tangled swords' wif him during her salad days...
. In 2006 there was Gayle Goh, and she was only 17. Too bad she opted not to enter politics but since you mentioned what it takes to be a great politician she has the potential but then again the 2 of them are of the same age.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure abt the timeline i.e. whether GY was minister at MOH when his brother prof PPB Yeo apparently suddenly packed up n left the medical faculty of NUS leaving for california, usa for good or so it wld seem??...big mystery as to why Prof peter yeo suddenly upped n left wif his family when he was a high flyer at NUS med faculty, perhaps even wif possibility of taking over fm the then VC lim pin...one other curious thing, apparently prof peter yeo's name was still on the med faculty list for yrs after he had left for cali...

There is no mystery bro. Heard from the grapevine that prof Yeo was so against GY selling his soul to the PAP, that prof Yeo uprooted and moved to the US.

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip. will watch the 10pm broadcast

btw, interesting nick. you see yourself as a singaporean rubirosa?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
quite out of character bro fm what i hear...prof yeo was heading to the v top of the pile at nus...there was no need for him to suddenly pack up n uproot his whole family in such a short time...gather it caused quite a stir at the nus med faculty at the time...find it quite incredible that he left for the states based on a pull factor rather than a push factor...
There is no mystery bro. Heard from the grapevine that prof Yeo was so against GY selling his soul to the PAP, that prof Yeo uprooted and moved to the US.

SpareTyre

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is his parting shot and clearly the target is the PAP. LHL admitting Orchard floods is a mistake despite his father blaming the climate, both hes and GCT blaming WKS is quite startling. I don't think these guys will change as the factions are quite strong and the reformists are too few. I however think that things will get better for the country as quality opposition candidates gain numbers and the electorate begin to understand the concept of participatory democracy and not give carte blanche to a few.

I forced myself to read the Straits Times today.

Yes, GY is aiming his comments at the PAP. It is a genuine gesture, honest, and has the added advantage of allowing him to step down in a magnanimous and statesmanlike manner (if he loses, that is)

LSL on the other hand, if you read the details of his so called apology and FB comments...is not saying anything new at all. Its all just a shiny empty shell, he did not commit to anything much. His solution to cost of living and a better society is that Singaporeans should become more gracious, do more volunteer work, exchange our cars for public transport, and then give up our seats in public transportation to the weak, elderly, handicapped. He's throwing it all back on the people.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people missed a very important point ie. the possibility of cheating. Once cheating comes into play, it could easily swing the decision.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people missed a very important point ie. the possibility of cheating. Once cheating comes into play, it could easily swing the decision.

I'm always very disappointed with postings like this. I believe PAP will try to twist everything in their favor before polling and counting. But I also believe at polling and count, PAP is fair. If you believe PAP cheat, please go lodge police report, instead of spreading unfounded rumors here affecting the confidence of opposition supporters in this forum.

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suddenly for no apparent reason, Lim Swee Say was moved to East Coast and GY was retained at Aljunied. Apparently the decision was taken by LHL, TCH and WKS. No one knows the rationale for that decision.

There are 2 theories going around:

One, they didn't want to sacrifice Lim Swee Say and wanted a safe seat for him.
Second, some sections in the PAP believed that GY was gaining international stature (much more than the PM himself) and wanted to cut down his size. He was also considered to be GCT's man and LHL wanted him out respectably.

One should also note that it is only GCT who is making statements supporting GY. LHL is conspicuous by his silence on GCT. LKY's threat to Aljunied residents (leaving residents confused as per GY) is actually sounding the death knell for GY.

So, PAP wants GY to lose.

say.my.jpg

Luckily i jumped ship to save my career by switching from Aljunied to East Coast GRC :p:p:p

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
say.my.jpg

Luckily i jumped ship to save my career by switching from Aljunied to East Coast GRC :p:p:p

the pap aljunied team for 2006 is :
Cynthia Phua
George Yeo Yong-Boon
Lim Hwee Hua
Yeo Guat Kwang
Zainul Abidin Bin Mohamed Rasheed

only change in 2011 is yeo guat kwang saved his arse by going to amk. lim swee say was never in aljunied. 2001 and 1997 lim swee say also not there. verified with wikipedia liao. i stayed there until 2009 and i thought my memory failed me.