• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP: Not happy? Migrate lor

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP: Not happy with us? Migrate lor! We won't change and be threatened in coming GE. Brain drain? Dun make me laugh hor !

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/1092501/1/.html

Youths want to move to Japan, Singapore
Posted: 10 November 2010 1038 hrs

WASHINGTON: Japan, Singapore and other developed countries around the world are among the places where young people would like to migrate, a Gallup study showed Tuesday.

That would be good news for Japan and Singapore, which have among the fastest-ageing populations and lowest fertility rates in the world, Gallup said in a report summarising the findings of its annual "Net Migration Index".

But most Asian cities -- including Japan but with the exception of Singapore -- would lose a significant portion of their most educated people in a brain drain, the study shows.

Japan's population of highly educated people would decline by 13 per cent if everyone who wants to leave did so; South Korea's and Hong Kong's brain drains would cut their population of educated people by nearly 30 per cent, the study found.

Just like last year, Singapore would buck the trend and see its overall population triple if everyone who wanted to move there were allowed to.

It would also see its population of well-educated people quadruple and the number of young people increase six-fold, the Gallup poll found.

But in the overall migration scheme of things, developed Asia came out at the bottom of the scale in the index, with a possible net population gain of just one percent and a brain drain of 16 per cent.

Australia, New Zealand and Oceania came out tops. Their populations would more than double, their youth populations would nearly quadruple and the number of well-educated people would increase by 186 per cent.

The United States and Canada, both countries that many immigrants would like to settle in, would also see net population, brain and youth gains if everyone who wanted to move to the two North American countries could.

But they would be outpaced on two out of three counts by three European countries that are not members of the European Union -- Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.

Those countries would see their overall populations and the number of highly educated people more than double.

They could use an influx of young people, according to the study, which could not give the three countries a youth migration score because the sample size of youngsters had dropped below 500.

The indexes -- overall, youth and brain gain or drain -- were calculated by subtracting the number of people who said they would like to move out of a country from those who said they wanted to move in, based on polls conducted by Gallup of 350,000 adults in 148 countries.

-AFP/jl

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i hav been thinking of migrating to hatyai...rent out my pte apt and move to hatyai with my tirak...but i hav to take care of my elderly parents....so boh pian...:(