• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Ministers' Salary

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has always been said that it will prevent corruption but it didn't say work efficiency.

Bro, do you pay a security $20 to guard your $1 million dollar house?

Same logic apply for PAP leaders. They are guarding the few hundred billion assets.

I suppose you are a poor person and a million seems like a big sum. But it's not a big deal to pay a politician a few million a year. Everyone knows that a lot of policitians have behind the door deals for personal gains. Get real.

hearthard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same logic apply for PAP leaders. They are guarding the few hundred billion assets.

I suppose you are a poor person and a million seems like a big sum. But it's not a big deal to pay a politician a few million a year. Everyone knows that a lot of policitians have behind the door deals for personal gains. Get real.

I have no problem with the millions of dollars salary. Does the salary produce the efficiency that is required? That is the question.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no problem with the millions of dollars salary. Does the salary produce the efficiency that is required? That is the question.

So can you quote some figures to show us that they have not performed?

For starters, get some basic idea from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temasek_Holdings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_Singapore_Investment_Corporation

Please be logical, mature and use your brains before you start smearing SG leaders. Cast aside all your feelings and judge them on figures from 1970 to 2010.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So can you quote some figures to show us that they have not performed?

For starters, get some basic idea from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temasek_Holdings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_Singapore_Investment_Corporation

Please be logical, mature and use your brains before you start smearing SG leaders. Cast aside all your feelings and judge them on figures from 1970 to 2010.

From 1970...most of my generation, we can judge them from pre-Independence....the point here is not smearing them, corruption, fair enough had been clean with few black sheep, Teh Chen Wan comes to mind...

We are talking about being efficient, we the citizens of SINgapore are paying for a most expensive government on planet earth, expect the ministers efficiency to match the renumerations they are receiving.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
From 1970...most of my generation, we can judge them from pre-Independence....the point here is not smearing them, corruption, fair enough had been clean with few black sheep, Teh Chen Wan comes to mind...

We are talking about being efficient, we the citizens of SINgapore are paying for a most expensive government on planet earth, expect the ministers efficiency to match the renumerations they are receiving.

Define efficiency and the parameters to measure it. Don't throw one big fart bomb to stir shit against your leaders.

The attracted vast amount of foreign investments and well-planned privileged deals in China are the reasons why your HDB is worth $300K and not $30K.

:oIo::oIo::oIo:
The content of your posts betrayed you. You are another useless jealous chao peasant sinkie! I bet you didn't receive University education.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about serving the country.
Giving back to society what they have taken.
Patriotism, love of the country.

These are reasons given by MIWs themselves when they joined the gov.sg.
It is seldom spoken in recent years though.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Define efficiency and the parameters to measure it. Don't throw one big fart bomb to stir shit against your leaders.

The attracted vast amount of foreign investments and well-planned privileged deals in China are the reasons why your HDB is worth $300K and not $30K.

:oIo::oIo::oIo:
The content of your posts betrayed you. You are another useless jealous chao peasant sinkie! I bet you didn't receive University education.

Goh Keng Swee, Lim Kim San, Toh Chin Chai, Ong Pang Boon, just to name a few that spell efficiency, they were serving the people with a heart, a vision to better the future of the people at their present times, & the future time. Does education make a better person?...you think many of us here are without a tertiary education...you are just darn wrong.

I come from a generation that had seen economic hardships, eg suez canal withdrawal for a starter, political uncertainties, turbulent ASIA & S.E.A.... you don't have to tell me about the dear leaders. HDB

When they started HDB when it was with a slogan "Homes for the people", were you born?

Before HDB there were S.I.T. flats...in which many of us have lived in them, I did for a few short years..

We are not talking about what the PAP hadn't done, who doesn't know what this nation had gone through from the slums to the glitzy metropolitan city we all see today, it is about being efficient with the task given to them at the salary that is the biggest on PLANET EARTH.

That is the issue, their efficiency must match the renumerations given to them.

If you are not born at that time, where a bowl of rice is a luxury, never mind a hamburger or eating your mee siam without hum...go talk to a mirror!

or should I tell you from the older people before my time "have eaten more salt than you have eaten rice", " have tasted more bitters than sweets"...
:rolleyes:

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where have you been in the last few years?

How about
1) Not letting Singapore No1 limping terrorist escape from a high security prison?
2) Not losing >$40B?
3) Not being caught by surprise all the time (flood, HDB price etc)?
4) How about all the embezzlement by Charities and government officials?
5) How about at least knowing that the person you've been touting and promoting as an exceptional leader is actually a pervert who takes pictures of women upskirt?

So far, everything that has came to light (and many more that hasn't) points to the fact that they are lazy, complacent, sleeping on the job and know FUCK about what their role and responsibility is.

Oh and they have FUCK accountability.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Keng Swee, Lim Kim San, Toh Chin Chai, Ong Pang Boon, just to name a few that spell efficiency, they were serving the people with a heart, a vision to better the future of the people at their present times, & the future time. Does education make a better person?...you think many of us here are without a tertiary education...you are just darn wrong.

I come from a generation that had seen economic hardships, eg suez canal withdrawal for a starter, political uncertainties, turbulent ASIA & S.E.A.... you don't have to tell me about the dear leaders. HDB

When they started HDB when it was with a slogan "Homes for the people", were you born?

Before HDB there were S.I.T. flats...in which many of us have lived in them, I did for a few short years..

We are not talking about what the PAP hadn't done, who doesn't know what this nation had gone through from the slums to the glitzy metropolitan city we all see today, it is about being efficient with the task given to them at the salary that is the biggest on PLANET EARTH.

That is the issue, their efficiency must match the renumerations given to them.

If you are not born at that time, where a bowl of rice is a luxury, never mind a hamburger or eating your mee siam without hum...go talk to a mirror!

or should I tell you from the older people before my time "have eaten more salt than you have eaten rice", " have tasted more bitters than sweets"...
:rolleyes:

To your point bro, we don't pay those leaders millions during their time and they produce extra-ordinary results. The fuck up generation of minister under LHL produce shit and are paid tons of money that it is no longer funny.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To your point bro, we don't pay those leaders millions during their time and they produce extra-ordinary results. The fuck up generation of minister under LHL produce shit and are paid tons of money that it is no longer funny.

We all know that well enough, but it will take a collective strong-willed effort, by people who will no be swayed by 'carrots' dangling in the faces to make a change not only for their present good; but for the future of their offsprings.

We paid tons of money...but what are we getting?...the joke is on us all...and that is certainly not funny!!:mad:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
A person who needs to be paid indecent sum of money to stay incorruptible is in the face place corruptible, its just the price is not right for them.......yet. So basically they have characters flaws..

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha..i had said this before.
anyone caught committing CBT should not be punished.
instead their salary should be increased because it simply means that they are not paid well enough according to papee logic.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obama is a poorly paid jaga of USA..............:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know that well enough, but it will take a collective strong-willed effort, by people who will no be swayed by 'carrots' dangling in the faces to make a change not only for their present good; but for the future of their offsprings.

We paid tons of money...but what are we getting?...the joke is on us all...and that is certainly not funny!!:mad:

Some take money directly like Mahathir, Khir Toyo, etc........ others like MIW take money disguised and protected by laws