• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Inside on Hougang

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I imply shit, if you care to remember in 2006 these were the very few younger candidates who were not of JBJ's entourage and clique to stand in the GE 2006. They were seen as 'better' due to their younger age and academic qualifications vis-a-vis the older blue collar party members. That said, having a NUS honors degree means you probably can order much more articulately in McDonalds than anybody else and that is probably about it.

Translated--you are saying LTK gave us shit as his A team in 2006 as he had no other choice.Granted.

How sure are you in 2011 that LTK's candidates were not even shittier?Hey,Yaw proved that point didn't he?

Come 2016..trust LTK to deliver the stinkier of the stinks?..and yet you yearn for a 3 corner fight?

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what i wish to see happen in the run up to next GE is something like bersih, arab spring and the likes....

in reality what will happen is like what will happen every GE.....lots of hope and anticipation in the run up then end up status quo.....
opposition will take another 1 SMC or even 1 more GRC....the 39.9% will be happy like fuck....
everyone will have to endure to be screwed daily again while kpkb blaming the 60.1% for the chance gone by and hope for better outcome come GE 2021.

Not that I encourage riot(s) or something akin to Occupy Wall Street or Occupy Toronto, or worse like the crowd burned and stomped on police cruisers as well as confrontation between the citizens and the numerous police officers in Toronto (re: G20), I believe that the SPF and the Riot Squad (Red Buses) will very easily subdue the crowd in Singapore.

Having said that, I really pray and hope that it will not happen in Singapore, but unless the government quickly implement steps to reduce the very significant income gap (where the lowest 2 deciles may have nothing to lose if they pursue civil unrest), there is the possibility that the pent up anger and frustration may cause the citizens to erupt into something very brave.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Translated--you are saying LTK gave us shit as his A team in 2006 as he had no other choice.Granted.

How sure are you in 2001 that LTK's candidates were not even shittier?Hey,Yaw proved that point didn't he?

Come 2016..trust LTK to deliver the stinkier of the stinks?..and yet you yarn for a 3 corner fight?

Corrected: I implied nothing and now you are taking away the fun of this conversation by stuffing used tampons in my mouth so soon. :mad:

Yaw is not the only xialan SOB around in WP, that much i saw and understand. Ultimately, i want to see no party become as all pervasive and powerful as PAP again. When and if WP becomes the ruling party, i will turn around and oppose them since they need the 'check and balances' as much as they are checking and balancing the PAP right now. By then i'll be an old man or very dead, the future is wild. Your crystalball has told you as much as mine has told me, stop worrying about things yet to come

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corrected: I implied nothing and now you are taking away the fun of this conversation by stuffing used tampons in my mouth so soon. :mad:

Your crystalball has told you as much as mine has told me, stop worrying about things yet to come

Okie bro,glad we can agree to disagree gentlemanly.Subject closed.

btw;used tampons were used by virgins...in great demand in nippon.sorry you did not appreciate.:rolleyes:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not that I encourage riot(s) or something akin to Occupy Wall Street or Occupy Toronto, or worse like the crowd burned and stomped on police cruisers as well as confrontation between the citizens and the numerous police officers in Toronto (re: G20), I believe that the SPF and the Riot Squad (Red Buses) will very easily subdue the crowd in Singapore.

Having said that, I really pray and hope that it will not happen in Singapore, but unless the government quickly implement steps to reduce the very significant income gap (where the lowest 2 deciles may have nothing to lose if they pursue civil unrest), there is the possibility that the pent up anger and frustration may cause the citizens to erupt into something very brave.

I'm not asking for a riot on our streets..

All I ask is for the 60% to grow some balls and vote against the PAP in 2016..

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not asking for a riot on our streets..

All I ask is for the 60% to grow some balls and vote against the PAP in 2016..

I understand that you are not asking for civil unrest.
But I was trying to illustrate that when a tiger (people) has no escape route, the tiger (people) will be ferocious and fight till death.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you scroobal for sharing.

Some always say Tampines is the next to fall, which I disagree. Mah Bow Tan, despite his incompetence in housing policies, is quite popular with Tampines residents. Don't know why Goh Meng Seng led a fight there. Auntie votes are crucial. Tampines has Baey Yam Keng to hold the ladies' heart.

Peh Chin Hua's old style of campaigning will help PAP gain some votes. Voters love to hear fiery dialect speeches. It does not matter whether the speech has any substance. PAP has to understand that voters have no interest to listen to PAP defending their policies through boring rally speeches. Residents attend rallies to get entertained.

I am sure that many Singaporeans are aware that the PAP had long given up on Hougang. Well here is a bit of inside.

In April, the inner circle met and confirmed what their key tacticians have put together.

1) The re-taking of Aljunied will be the primary focus - in line with this 3 new grassroots were appointed. Denise Phua was sidelined and will no longer take part in further elections. The others from old Aljunied had already resigned to their fate.

2) Desmond will give token appearence at Hogang BE. He will be given a new safe seat in 2016. Main Party players will not be involved. To appease the PAP grassroots in Hougang, Party faithful and old timers will take a more prominent role, hence Peh's appearence.

3) Bolstering East Coast defences will commence in earnest. JC is a goner. MP to retire.

None of the above is news to those who followed the politics of PAP. What is interesting is that PAP genuinely feel that they are not ruling out a worst swing from the last GE and neither are they sure if the votes for WP will drop after Yawgate. What they have decided is not to provoke the electorate by making do or die. statements which they did in the past with PP. Nor will pork barrel politics entered into which was a surprise to many.

There is still a string rearguard actions from old timers who are pleased. They are appealing thru various channels. Lets see if they are get their way. i doubt it.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you scroobal for sharing.

Some always say Tampines is the next to fall, which I disagree. Mah Bow Tan, despite his incompetence in housing policies, is quite popular with Tampines residents. Don't know why Goh Meng Seng led a fight there. Auntie votes are crucial. Tampines has Baey Yam Keng to hold the ladies' heart.

Agree with you on this.. Tampines was my hometown for 18 years.. MBT is very popular in Tampines especially in Tampines East..

On certain Sundays, the Koufu foodcourt at St 44 would be packed with the Por Lumpars attending Baey's talk cock sessions..

In short, there's a strong presence of the PAP everywhere in Tampines..

Tampines is traditionally a PAP stronghold.. Its goin to be an uphill task for any Oppo to fight against the Pappies there.. Many new citizens from India and Pinoyland are also are buying resale flats in Tampines..

Which ever Oppo party contesting in Tampines in 4 years time must work hard on the ground starting from now..
It also helps if the WP can send few candidates with the calibre of Chen Show Mao to their Tampines team..

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How sure are you in 2011 that LTK's candidates were not even shittier?Hey,Yaw proved that point didn't he?

Come 2016..trust LTK to deliver the stinkier of the stinks?..and yet you yearn for a 3 corner fight?

You are missing the bigger picture. WP has to grow and that means inevitably clashing with other parties who also want to grow. There is no Pakatan coalition in singapore.

Lets look at it from this angle: Suppose WP plays nice and let every other party have the places they all want. What the PAP will do is create a dozen parties with mediocre members and then gobble everything up. Tell me how's that going to improve SG politics. You can only help politics advance by growing your party and becoming a bigger voice in parliament. To do that, you MUST contest more seats every time. Its as simple as that.

And its not a zero sum game either which is ultimately the point you are making, because it forces other parties to either improve on their game, or resign to being drowned out by WP. Who wins? The electorate wins.

I think you should read carefully what others are saying here. Its not fair that others take the time to understand and respond to your POV but you don't put in similar effort.

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peh Chin Hua's old style of campaigning will help PAP gain some votes. Voters love to hear fiery dialect speeches. It does not matter whether the speech has any substance. PAP has to understand that voters have no interest to listen to PAP defending their policies through boring rally speeches. Residents attend rallies to get entertained.

dialects...are discouraged if i rmb correctly...but the incumbent still use it for campaigning...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not Denise but Cynthia Phua. Thanks to who pointed it out. Cynthia was keen to fight but as the weakest amongst the lot in terms of appeal and profile, it just did not make any sense.

JJ Yee was highly rated and considered a major threat. His appeal has been quite astonishing especially after his Parliamentary foray.

East Coast is highly vulnerable and they are sensing a domino effect if nothing is drastically done. The word is out to bring in Indian FT new citizens in view of their heavy presence in the East. They are looking for another Dr Aline Wong. Not many are aware that Aline Wong came to Singapore as an adult who followed her husband to Singapore for work. Originally from HK, she became a New Singapore and was brought in to help with the assimilate Hong Kongers who were ocming in droves. She became one of the most successful PAP MPs who went on to become a Minister of State.

More to come.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, don't frighten off my main man. He has faithfully being bumping my threads even those which carry little value.

Agree on Rusty.

Rusty, take it easy on Kanina. He might become brain dead as a result of your assault.

Vintage scroobal again!

Trust kukubird to suan him again..
trust GMS to share with us his unique insight on this as well...

Trust kanina to rush off checking with his bosses how to respond with his one liners...
then again, maybe he will continue his other persona of pretending to be a chistian and focussing on insinuations on low thia khiang's preminent leadership crisis...

Rusty, pls fuck her good good for bros here ok:cool:

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
you mean the MediaCorp and StraitsTimes not entertaining enough?

Straitstimes confirm boring lah!!!!!!! it only know how to BARK!! just like DOGS should!!!!:mad: THIS IS WHAT I SEE WHEN I READ PAP DOG MOUTHPIECE STRAITS TIME!:mad::oIo:

8321479.jpg