• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP HQ thanks all TJS Supporters.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are an idiot. Of course people cared about TT's sons. That is why people voted against TT.

The vast majority of Singaporeans, whether PAP supporters or not, are DISGUSTED with the current system of cronyism, elitism and nepotism that goes on unchecked. This is not linked or affiliated to the PAP. This is linked to a SMALL INNER CIRCLE that is just using the PAP as a tool to further their own ends, which TT is a key part of. To illustrate my point further, Ho Ching is not a member of the PAP, but she has used her own elite inner circle connections to land plum GLC CEO positions for her brothers and family members. Do you see my point now?

The sh1t about Patrick Tan was PRECISELY why people cannot stand this select group of oligarchs and their behaviour. It makes us no better than Indonesia under Suharto, with all the cronyism and favouritsm in business. The fact that the government controls 60% of the economy should be a case in point. That is a LOT of money to hand around, and the cronies are clearly eyeing the plum jobs in these GLCs.

That is why Tan Cheng Bock was favoured by moderates, INCLUDING PAP voters.

When the results are out, you will see that TT will win with less than 40% of the votes. How did TT suddenly lose 20% of the votes from the 60% that voted PAP in the GE2011?

Of the remaining 40%, some are voting TT out of sheer ignorance (old folks and other daft idiots who buy into his lame propaganda). Educate them, and his real support will drop to below 30%.

I know sons of influential people who dont get white horse treatment. That doesnt make me feel better--I still dont get a better life. Do you?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the mate from OCS killed himself by jumping from a block of flats after booking out. He came from a very poor family and he was the eldest and their best hope. He got an overseas scholarship. His father and another sibling killed themselves in turn out of despair. The SAFTI out of concern did not tell anymore about the family. We do not know who else in the family had taken their life.

Now we have a fucking president who son keng NS .

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the mate from OCS killed himself by jumping from a block of flats after booking out. He came from a very poor family and he was the eldest and their best hope. He got an overseas scholarship. His father and another sibling killed themselves in turn out of despair. The SAFTI out of concern did not tell anymore about the family. We do not know who else in the family had taken their life.

Now we have a fucking president who son keng NS .

Wah you already say TT is the winner. Even Yam Ah Mee's electronic voice hasn't said anything.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our feelings doomed us all. The more change is denied, the more polarized the fringe will be.

How many can truly act with our head against the wishes of our heart?

New PAP is no longer the all-inclusive, unifying party we all knew.

Is it the conservative moderates who should get out of their comfort zone, or the liberals who should be restrained? Which is more likely to happen?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the use of saying all these now?

We have people who still think they know better, but with their misguided ego and failed understanding, they just make things tough for others for their own sake.

To those idiot SDP supporters, I blame u for all these happening. It is not the rest of the opposition doesnt wnat to work with you, its you who, with your stupid egomanic centric dead brain cells refuse to work with others.

No point behaving like sore losers and little, petulant Tan Kin Lians for this loss. I am sure TJS' supporters could muster similar arguments along similar lines for his loss.

Accept the loss as a lesson that unless the various opposition parties are willing to go beyond their selfish and narrow interest (Ref: WP Melvin's "TJS' win may be good for one or two opposition parties" (read: SDP / NSP) "but not for the only opposition that has won seats away from the PAP" (read: WP) , Singaporeans are going to continue to have to live with the PAP for a long, long time to come.

What you will continue to have is a PAP government and a few $200K+/ year opposition tokens happy to play small time, kucing kurap village headmen and happily feeding and slurping from the same pig's trough that the PAP feeds on.

If Singaporeans in general and opposition supporters in particular get some sort of vicarious thrill and satisfaction from watching one of their "own" elevated to the position where they (opposition tokens) can feed and slurp from the same PAP pig's trough while they (Singaporeans / Opposition Supporters) themselves continue to struggle with their daily lives, they will simply have to live with their decisions.

Last edited:

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS & TKL fail the people. COEs were issued with intention to split the anti-TT supporters. They were stubborn and selfishly disregard the bigger picture, the wish of the people for not wanting TT to be in. This is exasperating.

Supporting Casts : Nicole Seah , Jeanette Chong Aruoss.....HAHAHAHAHAHHA

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you have said may be true, but the PAP would treat this as an overwhelming victory. Everything has just fell exactly into their plans.

"Winning" with such numbers is an even bigger calamity and a curse for Phony than losing outright.

He can't quietly fade away. He will continue to remain in the spotlight for the next 6 years and by being in the spotlight, his three sons' unresolved and unanswered NS issues will continue to be in the spotlight.

His heart and that of the PAP will beat and thump with fear at every public appearances he makes - particularly at NDP - over the next six years as he and his PAP masters wonder whether he will booed and jeered.

This is death by a thousand cuts for Phony rather than a "win". I am sure Phony secretly wished that he had lost so that he can be out of the spotlight and he and his three sons can get on with their lives.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not blame the rigged elections department for allowing a four-corner fight in the first place?
Why not blame the Almighty for being born in Spore?

R

red cross

And to think people were asking why the WP has kept silent throughout the hustings. The scenario that has unfolded has again demonstrated LTK's political savvy and nouse. No WP candidates were directly involved in endorsing any of the candidates, and thus the WP escapes being dragged into the bitter aftermath of the PE.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And to think people were asking why the WP has kept silent throughout the hustings. The scenario that has unfolded has again demonstrated LTK's political savvy and nouse. No WP candidates were directly involved in endorsing any of the candidates, and thus the WP escapes being dragged into the bitter aftermath of the PE.

WP Manifesto: End the elected presidency and return it to its ceremonial position. That's why they kept quiet. After all, they are opposition.

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not blame the rigged elections department for allowing a four-corner fight in the first place?

The PEC only provided the bait. The politically naive one is TJS for going through with the elections. If he had stopped short at the nomination stage, the would have been greatly lauded, and his stature raised as he was issued with the COE. UnfortunateLy, by choosing to go ahead with the campaign, he has permanently alienated at least 25% out of the 35% that voted for TCB or perhaps even more. Unless, he has free rein to choose where to compete come 2016, I'm certain many will reject him for what he did in the PE.

His lack of political acumen, and his betrayal of both TCB (who mentored him) and TKL (who invited him to be part of his campaign) will haunt him for a long time to come.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PEC only provided the bait. The politically naive one is TJS for going through with the elections. If he had stopped short at the nomination stage, the would have been greatly lauded, and his stature raised as he was issued with the COE. UnfortunateLy, by choosing to go ahead with the campaign, he has permanently alienated at least 25% out of the 35% that voted for TCB or perhaps even more. Unless, he has free rein to choose where to compete come 2016, I'm certain many will reject him for what he did in the PE.

His lack of political acumen, and his betrayal of both TCB (who mentored him) and TKL (who invited him to be part of his campaign) will haunt him for a long time to come.

Excellent Analysis. One wonders what more sabo-ing TJS would do next.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

So you all want democracy and the right to vote, etc but will only be happy only as long as your candidate of choice wins.

When your candidate of choice does not win, you turn petulant, start ranting and raving like sore losers and wish that you have the PAP-style democracy in which the level field is tilted in favour of your candidate of choice. Everyone else who are interested in contesting should not contest except the candidate of your choice? What democracy is this?

When TKL started blaming TJS for his predicament, many were quick to mock and ridicule him as a sore loser. Now that he has lost, those who had mocked and ridiculed him are behaving exactly like him: petulant sore losers.

I am meeting Cheng Bock sometime in the next fortnight and will tell him truthfully why I knew he would find it hard to cross the line even though I had hoped for his or a TJS' win. And that is his lacklustre performance during the PE campaign, as admitted by even the most ardent of TCB's supporter in this forum.

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one knew the votes share for TT:TCB:TJS would be 35:35:25. With hindsight, people deciding between TCB and TJS would have voted for the former.

There was no opinion poll etc. Given the limited information we had, I do not regret voting for TJS - who will be a more proactive president.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have seen a lot of anti TJS posts lately, mostly in the line "fuck TJS, you screwed up TCB chances of winning". If these people are true anti-PAP supporters, maybe they accidentally banged their head on the wall.

It is the myopic vision at work and the PAP 888s are capitalising on it and happily riding on it. If this sort of sentiment that this "anti-PAP supporters" adopt take root and becomes widespread, it will simply discourage those "heavyweight" oppositionists waiting in the wings from coming onboard.

This would be a pity as most of these oppositionists are the ones who can well afford not to come on board in the first place and can afford to emigrate if things turn bad.

The losers will be these "anti-PAP supporters" Singaporeans struggling with their everyday lives who, ironically, need these "heavyweights" waiting in the wings to step up and come onboard to help better their lives.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you all want democracy and the right to vote, etc but will only be happy only as long as your candidate of choice wins.

When your candidate of choice does not win, you turn petulant, start ranting and raving like sore losers and wish that you have the PAP-style democracy in which the level field is tilted in favour of your candidate of choice. Everyone else who are interested in contesting should not contest except the candidate of your choice? What democracy is this?

When TKL started blaming TJS for his predicament, many were quick to mock and ridicule him as a sore loser. Now that he has lost, those who had mocked and ridiculed him are behaving exactly like him: petulant sore losers.

I am meeting Cheng Bock sometime in the next fortnight and will tell him truthfully why I knew he would find it hard to cross the line even though I had hoped for his or a TJS' win. And that is his lacklustre performance during the PE campaign, as admitted by even the most ardent of TCB's supporter in this forum.

Wow finally wise words from sum1 here..yes2 agree..and now blame TJS and even Nicole Seah, Jeanette & co for endorsing TJS..haiz very2 sad..

R

red cross

No one knew the votes share for TT:TCB:TJS would be 35:35:25. With hindsight, people deciding between TCB and TJS would have voted for the former.

There was no opinion poll etc. Given the limited information we had, I do not regret voting for TJS - who will be a more proactive president.

Without TKL the vote shares would've likely been 35:37:28 respectively. The fact that despite a 3 cornered fight TT still would've lost should be a sobering statistic for the hardcore PAP voters cracking open the champagne over this PE.