• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OuR ChiLdReN WilL NEVER KnoW tHe LinK BeTwEeN tHe TwO .

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
cassette-tape-pencil.jpg

To the 80's and 90's....

We are the last generation that learnt to play in the street, the last generation who played hide an seek.

we are the first who've played video games, seen cartoons in color and amusement parks

We were the last to record songs of the radio on cassettes, we knew the connection between a pencil and cassette and

we are the pioneers of walkmans and chat...rooms.

We Learned how to program the VCR before anyone else, play with the Atari, Super Nintendo and believed that the Internet would be a free world.

We are the generation of the Giant Robot, He-Man, Street Hawk, Thunder Cats, the Transformers, Silver Hawks, Gumby, Highwayman, Manimal, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,

- Traveled in cars without seat belts or air-bags, rode the bike without helmets, drinking and driving was not a crime, lived without cell phones,

- We did not have Play stations, 99 television stations, flat screens, surround sound, mp3s, iPods, computers and the Internet,

...but we had time to rest our head on our grandmas lap and listen to bed time stories, we had time to sit and watch chitrahar, rangoli, and saturday evening movies with our parents.

We knew how to built a sand castle in the beach, we knew how to fish with a bend needle and a worm.

We knew the smell of a slate and chalk pencils. We knew the music before the news at 7 in the radio.

We held our dads hands to wait in the bank while they drew money , instead of atms.

but nevertheless we had a GREAT Time!!!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back then we can obtained our motorcycle license at the age of 16 before the authorities increased the age limit to 18.. Think the new rule was implemented in the mid 90s..

Remembered how back then we used to play football under the HDB blocks, basketball courts... Pooling money with your friends buying a 6 stick ciggarette pack from a Mamak shop for $1.20..

Hanace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: OuR ChiLdReN WilL NEVER KnoW tHe LinK BeTwEeN tHe TwO .
Waiting at the local bakery for the hot freshly baked french loaves to come out of the wood fired oven. Pure delight when sliced open lengthwise, spread with SCS butter and eaten.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, what's the link between the 2 items as shown in the pic? Is the pencil meant to be used to write down on the white label which side is A or B?:smile:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last time no cell phones. meet 5pm at far east macdonalds means have to get ready and leave the house at 4. cannot call your friend and tell her you'll be "sightly late".

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, what's the link between the 2 items as shown in the pic? Is the pencil meant to be used to write down on the white label which side is A or B?:smile:

The pencil (the thicker end, better if there is an eraser attached) is to be inserted into one of the holes. It is turned to 'tighten' the tape in case the magnetic tape comes out of the cassette.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pooling money with your friends buying a 6 stick ciggarette pack from a Mamak shop for $1.20..

You must be very young then. My time, the same packet costs 40 cents. I recall quite clearly the period when 10-stick Marlboro costs 60 or 65 cents. Knna, I am old.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those Dunhill 6 stick pack were easiest to carry around :p:p:p

And sard sard bo chio carry the packet into school classroom? Smoke in school toilet boh? I remember my friends in sec 1 said I was mad. Uncle smoke in class when no teacher!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Waiting at the local bakery for the hot freshly baked french loaves to come out of the wood fired oven. Pure delight when sliced open lengthwise, spread with SCS butter and eaten.

Freshly roasted coffee beans smell behind the coffeeshop, with freshly baked bread with dark crust, where you can ask from the shop or buy, dip that in black coffee, heavenly. Going to the refridgerator of the coffee shop, pay was it 10c for a small slice of SCS butter on a toothpick. Sugee cake with black coffee, freshly made peanut butter or kaya ( homemade) from the shop with bread.

The smell of freshly baked bread...makes your mouth water & must go to bakery & buy.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We would ask the bakery for the thrown away sliced off bits to feed the lokang fishes and birds....sometimes use as bait to set home made bird traps...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back then we can obtained our motorcycle license at the age of 16 before the authorities increased the age limit to 18.. Think the new rule was implemented in the mid 90s..

Remembered how back then we used to play football under the HDB blocks, basketball courts... Pooling money with your friends buying a 6 stick ciggarette pack from a Mamak shop for $1.20..
cannot tahan dunhill taste....mama shop also sells by per stick from the tin cans....usually 555 or consulate....cigs also came in 10s and 14s packs.....remembered those 100s longer sticks as well....and there was a certain style perfected to an art in the way to open soft packs LOL

There were no driving centers and you take lessons in a Datsun 120y during my time.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cannot tahan dunhill taste....mama shop also sells by per stick from the tin cans....usually 555 or consulate....cigs also came in 10s and 14s packs.....remembered those 100s longer sticks as well....and there was a certain style perfected to an art in the way to open soft packs LOP

Last time can smoke More cig see pay can liao. Yes, I recall buying individual sticks from mamak stalls. Last time I tried all brands - Abdullah, 555, Winston, Craven A, Benson, Dunhill, Consulate, Marlboro, Salem, Winfield, Goldleaf, Camel, Lucky etc.