• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oppo parties Boycotting NCMP post next GE a right move !

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ramseth, I see you've got an avatar! Gosh, you look absolutely ugly and mean! A goshtang from yr polite persona.

Scroobal, basically, all serious opposition should boycott election. It's also from the gift and at the behest of PAP. They have >2/3 majority and could abolish election constitutionally. Accepting PAP ED boundary is also unacceptable, in order to be serious. If PAP don't repent and relinquish power voluntarily, boycott everything.

sampierre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having read yr replies in red, I believe the best thing you shld do is to start changing the mindset and perception of the ordinary heartlander, so that social justice and political equality are safeguarded. It is counterproductive and indeed subversive to the Opp cause if you keep harping on PAP's yardsticks to judge upcoming fledgling Opp candidates who are trying their best to fight an unfairly handicapped system.

it's the voters who are using PAP's yardsticks, NOT me please! I am merely advising would be candidates to do more than just talk and talk.
Rest assured that as an Opposition supporter, I've always advised friends, neighbours, and relatives alike to support the Opposition's cause for many years whenever the opportunity to talk about politics arised. BUT the main concern voters have for voting Opposition, rightly or wrongly, is that they are UNSURE about the ability of the Oppostion to take care of the municipal issues in their neighbourhoods, and whether their flat prices will go down or not. That's why I think the best way to allay voters' concerns is for Oppostion candidates to start performing some grassroots stuff for the residents, to at least gain their confidence. I understand that the Refrom Party is currently providing free legal clinics for needy Singaporeans and this is a good move by RP. BTW, is it so very difficult for Opposition candidates to organise some activities for residents??

IF OPPOSITION PARTY MEMBERS IN THIS FORUM FEEL THAT JUST BY TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING AD INFINITUM AND ISSUING PRESS STATEMENTS ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO SCORE A VICTORY OVER THE PAP CANDIDATES, SO BE IT. HENCEFORTH, I SHALL NOT DWELL ON THIS ISSUE ANYMORE.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can see the change from 1965 to now. PAP pledge, just and equal society but it is Elite society. The PAP objectives shall be to build a multiracial society but the PAP political aim is to have a culture revolution fairly into a Eurasian British Colonial not Malay, Chinese or Indian that fair, just, and tolerant to all. What do you think?