• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only TAN CHENG BOK can unite all the Opposition Parties and defeat the PAP

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When will the clowns here disabuse themselves of the notion that TCB is opposition? :rolleyes:

TCB was a PAP man, is a PAP man, and will be a PAP man till the day he dies. He'll never bite the hand that fed (and feeds) him. The day he joins or starts an opposition party, I'll chop.

He just wants to be President. He'll stand in the next Prez elections. His strategy remains the same: maintain his strong support base within the PAP voters as well as disgruntled ex-PAP voters and centrist opposition supporters.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When will the clowns here disabuse themselves of the notion that TCB is opposition? :rolleyes:

TCB was a PAP man, is a PAP man, and will be a PAP man till the day he dies. He'll never bite the hand that fed (and feeds) him. The day he joins or starts an opposition party, I'll chop.

He just wants to be President. He'll stand in the next Prez elections. His strategy remains the same: maintain his strong support base within the PAP voters as well as disgruntled ex-PAP voters and centrist opposition supporters.

correct. he wishes to right the pap ship, but he's only a sailor in a big ship, and at the end he still remains with the ship.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
correct. he wishes to right the pap ship, but he's only a sailor in a big ship, and at the end he still remains with the ship.[/QUOTE

The day when the Familee in no control of PAP we can hve peace of mind to vote any party, even the PAP, but tat day will nvr come cos million dollar salary Ministers v grateful to the Familee.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
correct. he wishes to right the pap ship, but he's only a sailor in a big ship, and at the end he still remains with the ship.

The day when the Familee in no control of PAP we can hve peace of mind to vote any party, even the PAP, but tat day will nvr come cos million dollar salary Ministers v grateful to the Familee.

*just fixed your use of quotations* it's a race between fidel and old fart now as to who will give up the ghost. :p

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe TCB's role is to unite the nation, not the opposition. He has the capacity to do that. I was his patient on several occasions and he came across as caring and concerned.

Yes, he was a PAPzi MP but he'd joined because he believed that was the best way to serve the people. And he'd always let them know when he disagreed.

Yes..i agree TCB can unite the Nation..along with some good men.

I hope one day our new leader can set the following agenda and make changes in an orderly manner...

1. Set to bring down our Press Freedom Index from 154 to 150 n then 50..in next 5- 10 years time frame

2. Open up our books and detail to us what we have and what we do not have.

3. Re-look the Estate Duty exemption and bring down the Gini-coefficient.

4. Look at our social structure and those that fall through the gaps and what can be done to help them. Increase social spendings.

5. Please above all, Re-look at the obscene salaries our ministers ( esp our PM) are getting...tantamount to raiding the reserves..

The we can look forward to a just and equitable society...

No need to score many firsts in many things...Meaningless if the Nation as a whole is not happy..

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB will likely keep his options open... but i guess much will depend on how GCT can convince him

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before talking about his ability to united all the OPP.
Is he capable of mustering all to sit together in a coffeshop for the first chit chat ever?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

On the contrary....... the PAP ship has off loaded him like a used condom.......

tcb_zps35f7a4c0.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary....... the PAP ship has off loaded him like a used condom.......

the officers of the ship forced him to walk the plank, but he kept swimming back to ship after falling off plank. he missed his old ship mates who are still on deck.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People's Association (PA) deputy chairman Lim Swee Say says he is "surprised" that former presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock went public with the fact that he was uninvited from the PA Chinese New Year garden party at the Istana this weekend.

In a Facebook post on both his personal and public Facebook pages, Lim, who is also Minister in the Prime Minister's Office, said the PA conducted a review of its guest list a few months ago. Back then, they "decided to limit the list to only ex-advisers who stood down in the immediate past general election", in order to "enable a wider base of invitees to attend the reception".

"It is most unfortunate that PA made the mistake of using the old list instead of the updated list," he wrote. "We are sorry for the error and this is why I phoned (Dr.) Tan and the other affected invitees personally to explain the mistake and followed up with personal emails to apologise again."

While he said he was "heartened" that Dr Tan was very gracious about it, he said he was "surprised that he now brings this up publicly as an issue".

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-presidential-candidate-tan-cheng-bock-uninvited-from-pa-party-033731215.html

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP has screwed sinkees so much that it doesn't require much to topple the PAP. The issue is whether the WP has the guts to go on the attack or is it going to play nice?

Attack ads work ...the WP should launch a no-holds-bar attack on the PAP at election time. Meanwhile, the grassroot supporters can fan out and disseminate the dirty linens of the PAP. There are so much facts to work with.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At least you have a chance to call TCB a PAP man. Some people, you don't even know who they are doing it for or where they stand. You can take the most confrontational stance and ultimately benefit the PAP.

And I am not a believer that just because you are found in an opposition party, seen in Hong Lim Park or seen ranting away against PAP on Facebook, you are spurred to doing so for the country / people.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least you have a chance to call TCB a PAP man.

Agree. And I respect the man for it. At least he's not a hypocrite. He may be his own man, but his loyalty to the PAP which he has served for so many years was never in question. That's why he's turned down offers of leadership positions from opposition parties (at least 2 have approached him).

Secondly, it is obvious that he's not interested in getting into the electoral fray again. Having served as an MP for 26 years, his sights are now firmly locked onto the highest – albeit largely ceremonial – office in the land.

Still, the truth remains: if I wanted an anti-establishment voice in the Istana, I wouldn't vote for him. And I didn't.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still, the truth remains: if I wanted an anti-establishment voice in the Istana, I wouldn't vote for him. And I didn't.

Methinks anyone who wants an anti-establishment voice in the Istana should have spoiled his vote in the PE.

jw5

Loyal
All the candidates had One Degree Of Separation from Wooden.

One was his classmate, one was his deputy, one was his grassroots leader, (first 3 same political party as him at one time), the fourth was his personal secretary.

Sigh............................. hobson's choice.............................. :p

Methinks anyone who wants an anti-establishment voice in the Istana should have spoiled his vote in the PE.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's your prerogative.

For me, political affiliations past and present count. Out of 4 candidates, 3 had past or present political ties with the PAP. Cadre members, in fact. Only one did not; he was an ex-senior civil servant, and he joined an oppo party and ran for MP.

Guess who I voted?