• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old national library

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Till today I still have no idea why they demolished the Van Kleef aquarium. Had a couple of school excursions there as a child.

I rmb the swimming pool near to VKA.
Used to enjoy my tan there with a sweet young thing.

Thereafter, climb up the steps to Fort Canning Park for "dessert".

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there must be some faults in structure architecture that the Public do not know of.
the 169-ton (slightly over 150 tonnes) cantilever roof was made of steel, and there were structural defects found with the cantilevered roof after 16.9 years in service. since there were no rear and side walls and columns to support the structure, the weight of the steel cantilever roof must had caused cracks at welded and or riveted joints of steel beams. i highly doubt each cantilever beam was seamlessly casted as one beam. it was more like jointed shorter i-beams. moreover it was not totally steel as concrete had to be layered over the beams to give the theater its protective cover. since it was open at the rear and sides to the elements, an all-steel roof would be very hot plus the humidity would corrode and rust the steel over time. i remember sitting there sweating and scratching through a show. it wasn’t and couldn’t be air-conditioned unless rear and sides were sealed tight.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Small space bestest! :biggrin:

1594819012394.png

K.N.N.

Long ago, my best SmallSpaceSex is inside my miniCooper parked inside the old
Jurong Drive-In Cinema
OpenCarPcuk .