• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Duta Page

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i juz gave my SA a ring.. she say muz go to the office @ citi plaza.. mon - fri : 9-5.30pm to make the payment...

think will take a day off nx wk to make the payment.. hopefully i can settle everything & collect my keys on the spot!

but i still dun quite understand wad is the "Quit Rent" & "Assessment" for..

You may want to use Internet GIRO instead of going down to pay payment.

Quit Rent is the land tax payable. Also could be done via Internet Banking.

XiaoYaoZi

My letter is dated 10 Jul although I recieve it on 16 Jul. So I will probably make a trip this Friday to settle this.

Princ3ss

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may want to use Internet GIRO instead of going down to pay payment.

Quit Rent is the land tax payable. Also could be done via Internet Banking.

i still need to go down to pay the deposits for electricity, water & svc charge..

think better to go down in person to pay... heez... 1st time buy hse.. better to play safe..

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I'm new to here, a fellow Singaporean.

About 2 weeks ago, I went to City Square and got brochures on D Rich and Nusa Duta. I have questions which I hope to be answered here.

1. Are there any available units for Nusa Duta and/or D Rich?

2. What is the cheapest price? And how much is the downpayment and progressive payment?

3. As one of my family members are using my vehicle, I'm left only with public transportation. Is there any bus from Boon Lay and/or Jurong East that can bring me to Nusa Duta and/or D Rich? If yes, journey time?

4. How do I buy D Rich and/or Nusa Duta? Through Singapore agent? Or go to developer directly? If through developer directly, is it safe and reliable?

5. When is the TOP for D Rich and/or Nusa Duta?

6. If I wish to rent out D Rich and/or Nusa Duta, what are the potential tenants and can any agent help me with that?

I'm also looking at condos like Encorp Marina and Paragon Residences but their psf is on the high side.

Appreciate answers to my questions.

Thank you.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please see my replies below. Cheers.

Hi all,

About 2 weeks ago, I went to City Square and got brochures on D Rich and Nusa Duta. I have questions which I hope to be answered here.

2. What is the cheapest price? And how much is the downpayment and progressive payment?

Units should be still available. Quite nice development by developer IJM: http://www.ijmland.com/our_projects/OurProject_Current.aspx?ProjectId=11

3. As one of my family members are using my vehicle, I'm left only with public transportation. Is there any bus from Boon Lay and/or Jurong East that can bring me to Nusa Duta and/or D Rich? If yes, journey time?

Should be CW3 or CW6: http://www.causewaylink.com.my/singapore-bus

4. How do I buy D Rich and/or Nusa Duta? Through Singapore agent? Or go to developer directly? If through developer directly, is it safe and reliable?

Go propertyguru and check out any agency, or just visit the developer's office.

In the developer IJM website.

6. If I wish to rent out D Rich and/or Nusa Duta, what are the potential tenants and can any agent help me with that?

I'm also looking at condos like Encorp Marina and Paragon Residences but their psf is on the high side.

Thank you.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freedom, there are lots of choices for your new property..

For those very popular to expat and near tuas, there are leisure farm, east ledang, horizon hills..
For those that are very near to amenity, there are bukit indah properties from Setia.. There are Nusa duta, Nusa Idaman, Laguna, bestari heights which are still very near to coastal highway...
You can also consider Setia Tropica, adds heights, Austin which is 10min drive using edl from causeway..
If you are into condos, mass market one you can find Nusa heights, Perling heights, so on and so forth.. For high end type you can look for those in putri harbour... Danga bay area.. Tropez, paragon or azea... All these are freehold... There are also Setia Eco garden, Nusa sentral etc ... I definitely miss out many other good properties... The question is.. How many you want to buy.. Do you prefer Singaporean/SPR community or local community... They are all good.. You can choose those from top developers if that can give you some assurance... Top developers include.. iJM, Setia, UEM, Dijaya, umland, sutera, Garmuda... Encorp, E&o...

The problem most of us have is... Money not enough... time not enough...

Hi all,

Thank you.

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Thank you.

I will try and answer some of your questions to the best of my ability. I recently got a unit at Nusa Duta.
1. To my understanding there are still units available in Nusa Duta from their phase 5 which will only be ready in 2014. No idea if D'Rich has any units.
2. The cheapest unit is priced at 878K which is a 2 storey cluster. Lot size is 34X80 and build up is 2923sq feet. The price of the more expensive units facing the lake starts at 938K. Currently they give a 25K discount off their listed price. The initial booking fee is 10K and then you have to arrange for a loan which the either the agent or developer may recommend. 10% must be paid within 2 weeks of booking and within a month the rest of the money needs to be paid depending on the percentage of loan approved.
3. To my understanding there are buses which plys between Bukit Indah and Jurong East but not sure of the travel time as I drive. It's walking distance from Nusa Duta to the bus stop.
4. You can either get a Singapore agent or go direct to developer at their site office located just outside Nusa Duta. For more information you can PM me and contact me.
5. TOP for Nusa Duta cluster phase 5 is jun 2014.
6. I'm not sure of the rental potential as I bought it for my own stay.
7. Apart from the 25K discount, Nusa Duta also offering free legal fees and 1 year free maintainence.
8. As for ammenities, Nusa Duta is strategically located with plenty of shops and banks as well as Giant, Tesco and Jusco.
9. IJM land will be spending 1 Million ringgit to do up the lake.
Hope this information is useful.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please see my replies below. Cheers.

Hi sorry saw your reply. It was inside the box. Ok so two forummers say CW3 or CW6 goes to Nusa Duta. I'm a bit concerned where will the bus stop from the unit that I may purchase that TOP in 2014. Coz I don't wana get robbed or kidnapped! when walking back home..I dont have money to hire eight gurkhas to walk beside me...lol..Security will still be of utmost importance. Coz if location is prime, psf is great, upside is excellent etc but no life to see, no use right..

Will using an agent be more ex compared to going to developer directly? Will using a sg agent be more safe and reliable as well?

Question 6 was not answered though...

Expert opinions and comments are welcome. Keep em coming!

Thanks very much.

Arthur.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will try and answer some of your questions to the best of my ability. I recently got a unit at Nusa Duta.
1. To my understanding there are still units available in Nusa Duta from their phase 5 which will only be ready in 2014. No idea if D'Rich has any units.
2. The cheapest unit is priced at 878K which is a 2 storey cluster. Lot size is 34X80 and build up is 2923sq feet. The price of the more expensive units facing the lake starts at 938K. Currently they give a 25K discount off their listed price. The initial booking fee is 10K and then you have to arrange for a loan which the either the agent or developer may recommend. 10% must be paid within 2 weeks of booking and within a month the rest of the money needs to be paid depending on the percentage of loan approved.
3. To my understanding there are buses which plys between Bukit Indah and Jurong East but not sure of the travel time as I drive. It's walking distance from Nusa Duta to the bus stop.
4. You can either get a Singapore agent or go direct to developer at their site office located just outside Nusa Duta. For more information you can PM me and contact me.
7. Apart from the 25K discount, Nusa Duta also offering free legal fees and 1 year free maintainence.
8. As for ammenities, Nusa Duta is strategically located with plenty of shops and banks as well as Giant, Tesco and Jusco.

Just to add a very important point: if you don't drive, it may not be very realistic to walk from the bus stop to your house because the distance on a map is deceptive and it is not very safe to walk beside a road.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi thanks for replying as well. My comments follow. This will also consolidate most of my replies to most comments from other forummers. Pls bear with me if I have many more questions as its a large investment, larger than my HDB 'investment'...

To start off, are the forumers who reply to me Singaporeans as well? Or malaysians also buy this area?

Nusa Duta looks like a fantastic location from a strategic point of view. CIQ/JB centre is considered zone A prime location but to enter through CIQ to work in Singapore is problematic due to the morning jams...I'm currently working in Western Singapore (I'm Singaporean).

D rich facilities are lesser than some higher end condos, so is the appearance... If D Rich still has units left, will buying from developer directly be safe? Or through Singapore agent better? Which Singapore agent should I approach to enquire about D Rich.

So you mean there's a 25% discount off MYR 878K , which will be MYR 658.5 K???

The booking fee of 10K is in ringgit I assume?

You say 10% must be paid within 2 weeks (that would be MYR65,000 assuming 25% discount) while the rest of the money 90% needs to be paid within a month. That's quite a lot of money...All these to be paid BEFORE TOP???

I'm actually on HSBC Amanah 50% loan (using another family member's name though) as I recently bought a KSL City D Esplanade Residence. I'm not sure if I will run into problems? Won't right since it's not under my name as I can start afresh. I heard we should get a pre-approved in principle loan before we commit to anything. What's the highest % loan we can get from bank for Nusa Duta?

My concern here is the walking distance from Nusa Duta to the bus stop...All Singaporeans will be concerned if given this situation, I believe.

Condos have the advantage of swimming pools. Besides facilities like banking, Tesco, Jusco and Giant, any swimming pool like facility for Nusa Duta residents?

What about internet access for Nusa Duta? My KSL City unit is fiber optic ready by Maxis.

How long have you been living at Nusa Duta? How do all of you find the security at Nusa Duta? I'm doing a lot of research on Iskandar (tiring) and I think the Korean businessman whose hand was cut off (!!) is living at a terrace unit at some road called Jamas or something, near Nusa Duta?

So you go through Tuas 2nd link back to Singapore to work everyday?

Sorry, large investment, questions questions

Awaiting your expert comments and replies...

Thank you bros and (sis).

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to add a very important point: if you don't drive, it may not be very realistic to walk from the bus stop to your house because the distance on a map is deceptive and it is not very safe to walk beside a road.

oh shucks, that may mean i can't be a neighbour to all of you then...Can't the developer use a shuttle bus to ferry ppl between Nusa Duta and Singapore? That would be FANTASTIC!!

I recently bought a unit at KSL City as I have also factored in that there is a KSL City Shuttle bus plying between KSL City and CIQ.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

A walk from the relocated CW-3 station may be too far.

But it is just a stroll from Habib or even TESCO.

If too far, a bicycle should do the trick. A nice ride out.

Nusa Duta is convenient as compared to Horizon Hills but we may not be comparing apples with apples.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

From home, I can use bicycle and cycle to the bus stop.

But where to park the bicycle...

Also, the road that I cycle on is not considered within the 'Gated and Guarded' zone right?

Security is a concern if these are not addressed...

More comments pls

Thanks

A walk from the relocated CW-3 station may be too far.

But it is just a stroll from Habib or even TESCO.

If too far, a bicycle should do the trick. A nice ride out.

Nusa Duta is convenient as compared to Horizon Hills but we may not be comparing apples with apples.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

From home, I can use bicycle and cycle to the bus stop.

But where to park the bicycle...

Also, the road that I cycle on is not considered within the 'Gated and Guarded' zone right?

Security is a concern if these are not addressed...

More comments pls

Thanks

Hey man, landed GnG take up space and their "restricted" area only covers the its own portion of residential area. Anything else eg shops, busstops, public amenities are outside the scope of GnG area ie public areas which are maintained by the local district council. What you are hoping for doesnt apply to landed GnG. I agree with Funds transfer that Nusa Duta is well located and within walking distance to the shops and if i am not wrong there is a bus stop infront of giant/tesco that CW3 covers.
U shld consider taking the CW3 bus frm jurog east or boon lay and go on a afternoon trip to bkt indah to see and look at the area. Can help u make better decisions once you hv a feel of the place.

Imho, condo living seems more suited to your needs.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sorry saw your reply. It was inside the box. Ok so two forummers say CW3 or CW6 goes to Nusa Duta.

Both answers are right; CW3 goes to Jurong East while CW6 goes to Boon Lay. Look at this link to understand more of the routes and other services available. http://www.causewaylink.com.my/singapore-bus

I'm a bit concerned where will the bus stop from the unit that I may purchase that TOP in 2014. Coz I don't wana get robbed or kidnapped! when walking back home..I dont have money to hire eight gurkhas to walk beside me...lol..Security will still be of utmost importance. Coz if location is prime, psf is great, upside is excellent etc but no life to see, no use right..

You need to rebalance your expectations on safety because it is not on the same level as Singapore. But it also does not mean that you need to put on a kevlar suit everytime you walk out of your house. Just exercise caution at all times.

Will using an agent be more ex compared to going to developer directly? Will using a sg agent be more safe and reliable as well?

Depends on what is available and what you are looking for!
Some properties from the the developers come with waiver of stamp duties and legal fees. As for a Singapore agent, they are partnering with a Malaysian counterpart because they cannot operate in Malaysia without a license. And on the subject of agents, please do your due diligence as there's some discussions in this forum about service problems with them.

Question 6 was not answered though...
Dangerous to assume that you are able to rent out your apartment because the critical mass of renters is quite different from Singapore. Most of the people living there would be thinking of using the property for own stay or at least have it as a weekend home.

Expert opinions and comments are welcome. Keep em coming!

Thanks very much.

Arthur.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi thanks for replying as well. My comments follow. This will also consolidate most of my replies to most comments from other forummers. Pls bear with me if I have many more questions as its a large investment, larger than my HDB 'investment'...
Since it is a large investment and you are venturing into a 2nd property after the KSL one that you wrote about, I hope that you have done the necessary due diligence and also managed your debt servicing ratio. Are you confident of getting funding for your Nusa Duta property?

To start off, are the forumers who reply to me Singaporeans as well? Or malaysians also buy this area?
I think they are Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents from Malaysia, Singapore Permanent Residents from other countries, Malaysian citizens, residents and even foreigners outside the two countries. In short, they come from multiple sources.

Nusa Duta looks like a fantastic location from a strategic point of view. CIQ/JB centre is considered zone A prime location but to enter through CIQ to work in Singapore is problematic due to the morning jams...I'm currently working in Western Singapore (I'm Singaporean).
Yes, Nusa Duta looks like a great location but it is not the nearest Taman to Singapore. There are places like East Ledang, Leisure Farm, Ledang Heights, Impiana, etc, which are 5 minutes from Singapore Tuas. Technically, the nearest township to Singapore is Gelang Patah.

D rich facilities are lesser than some higher end condos, so is the appearance... If D Rich still has units left, will buying from developer directly be safe? Or through Singapore agent better? Which Singapore agent should I approach to enquire about D Rich.

So you mean there's a 25% discount off MYR 878K , which will be MYR 658.5 K???
I have replied you in an earlier mail on this. Developers may give discounts and waivers or even recommend partner bankers. If there's a discount of 25%, it sounds like a good deal. But more importantly, you need to consider the financing availability.

The booking fee of 10K is in ringgit I assume?

You say 10% must be paid within 2 weeks (that would be MYR65,000 assuming 25% discount) while the rest of the money 90% needs to be paid within a month. That's quite a lot of money...All these to be paid BEFORE TOP???

I'm actually on HSBC Amanah 50% loan (using another family member's name though) as I recently bought a KSL City D Esplanade Residence. I'm not sure if I will run into problems? Won't right since it's not under my name as I can start afresh. I heard we should get a pre-approved in principle loan before we commit to anything. What's the highest % loan we can get from bank for Nusa Duta?

While you can get some information here, I would suggest calling IJM's sales agents and also your banker to sort this out. Financing facilities are increasingly curbed in Malaysia and that is a good measure before a property bubble develops. For Nusa Duta, I know someone who obtained 90% financing from HSBC when she purchased Duta 2's 2nd phase's Cluster Semi-Ds.

Most of the time, this is what happens:
1. Booking fee (may be as low as RM 1K in my experience)
2. 2 weeks later, 5 or 10%
3. 8 weeks later, another 10% by which time, financing needs to be in place as that is also the time to sign S&P.

If this is your first property purchase, you should know that a loan is disbursed in stages for properties under construction. This helps the interest maintenance and also your risks as the bank would want to see completion of certain stages before permitting the flow of funds.

My concern here is the walking distance from Nusa Duta to the bus stop...All Singaporeans will be concerned if given this situation, I believe.

Condos have the advantage of swimming pools. Besides facilities like banking, Tesco, Jusco and Giant, any swimming pool like facility for Nusa Duta residents?

What about internet access for Nusa Duta? My KSL City unit is fiber optic ready by Maxis.
For Nusa Duta's landed properties, there's not many facilities. There is no pool. I am just contented that they installed an alarm system for me.
As for internet access, I am using Unifi from TM. Good deal they are offering. Land line, free phone, TV programmes, fibre optic internet for less than SGD 60.

How long have you been living at Nusa Duta? How do all of you find the security at Nusa Duta? I'm doing a lot of research on Iskandar (tiring) and I think the Korean businessman whose hand was cut off (!!) is living at a terrace unit at some road called Jamas or something, near Nusa Duta?
That was in Permas Jaya. Crime is everyone; in Singapore or Malaysia. Important to factor that into your consideration.

So you go through Tuas 2nd link back to Singapore to work everyday?
I don't do due to the distance and time required but many people do. It is a trade off and I am sure they have good reasons for doing so; such as lower cost of living and different life style.

Sorry, large investment, questions questions

Awaiting your expert comments and replies...

Thank you bros and (sis).

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

"So you mean there's a 25% discount off MYR 878K , which will be MYR 658.5 K???"

it is 25k discount, not 25%

At first I was quite interested but later found that it's overpriced after some market surveys.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

"So you mean there's a 25% discount off MYR 878K , which will be MYR 658.5 K???"

At first I was quite interested but later found that it's overpriced after some market surveys.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

That's a big difference. Thanks for pointing that out!

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Hi, which other developement did u use for comparison? I presume its a like for like comparison eg bestari heights cluster vs nusa duta cluster.