• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Duta Page

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
A hypothetical question for opinions. Let’s assume that a double storey Semi-D has a 10 ft. clearance from the back of the house to the common back boundary wall of his neighbour. The neighbour decides to extend the back of his house (including the first floor), right to the back boundary wall. The first Owner has the same intention to extend the back elevation of his house in a similar design as well. Normally, the back elevation will have windows for the back rooms and bathroom ventilation openings. Are such extensions allowed by law and the SPA? I would hate to have my back door neighbour carrying out such an extension, particularly for the first floor. This will end up with both windows, practically looking into each other with loss of privacy.

Wont both end up worse off? Whats worse is that they bought semi dee but zhng the house until end up as a big cluster house. If this were to happen in rl i pity both owners.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A hypothetical question for opinions. Let’s assume that a double storey Semi-D has a 10 ft. clearance from the back of the house to the common back boundary wall of his neighbour. The neighbour decides to extend the back of his house (including the first floor), right to the back boundary wall. The first Owner has the same intention to extend the back elevation of his house in a similar design as well. Normally, the back elevation will have windows for the back rooms and bathroom ventilation openings. Are such extensions allowed by law and the SPA? I would hate to have my back door neighbour carrying out such an extension, particularly for the first floor. This will end up with both windows, practically looking into each other with loss of privacy.

I heard such extension not allowed by law, have to leave a gap of few feet from the common wall. The neighbour can complain to authorities to ask them to tear down. But in JB, quite common to see people build extension all the way. So better to buy semi ds in JB that have back lane to avoid such situation and not those are built back-to-back with no back lane.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard such extension not allowed by law, have to leave a gap of few feet from the common wall. The neighbour can complain to authorities to ask them to tear down. But in JB, quite common to see people build extension all the way. So better to buy semi ds in JB that have back lane to avoid such situation and not those are built back-to-back with no back lane.

Are there cases in Nuss Duta where the extension covered all the way to the wall? beats the purpose of buying s semi d then. I think for terraces it is very common to extend all thr way to the back lane. Are there semi d with a back lane?

Kentang

Alfrescian
Loyal
went to ijm office yesterday all international unit sold out for the last phase... left with bumi lot only.

Last edited:

NUSADUTA5

Alfrescian
Loyal
bestari height cluster n nusa duta 5 cluster which is gd for investment?

Hi,
Anybody.can advise which property better to keep BH or NS

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: bestari height cluster n nusa duta 5 cluster which is gd for investment?

Dear all, i have a number of friends who are now suddenly very keen on ND property. Please PM me if anyone is keen on selling, i will pass the contact and you guys can deal directly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes most of such extensions will never be approved but many converted their semi-ds to clusters or worse terrace looking houses in the end.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are there cases in Nuss Duta where the extension covered all the way to the wall? beats the purpose of buying s semi d then. I think for terraces it is very common to extend all thr way to the back lane. Are there semi d with a back lane?

Come to think of it, only those semi d with back facing perimeter wall or garden have back lane and are not back-to-back. I can recall only one development semi d that has back lane for all units - Nusa Idaman hillside semi d - remember they are supposed to come with nicely landscaped back lanes. The recent semi d show houses I viewed in Leisure farm, Ponderosa, IOI Kulai all got no back lanes. I think same for East ledang and HH.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, this is one of the consideration when buying semiD, but it's quite rare to find it now. Most of them are back to back SemiD to save up space.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Duta

photo19_zps6fcd3bbf.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: bestari height cluster n nusa duta 5 cluster which is gd for investment?

Dear all, i have a number of friends who are now suddenly very keen on ND property. Please PM me if anyone is keen on selling, i will pass the contact and you guys can deal directly.

Dear all, i have many ready buyers, not sellers. Anyone who would like to sell, please let me know and i will link you guys directly.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Someone i know just got his cheque today, nice sum for barely a year of investment, i guess we all got lucky this time.
He was so excited and MMSed to show me. Good sum as a start to set aside for old age i told him but he is the same age
as me.

Really happy to see folks doing well. :smile:

Kentang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone i know just got his cheque today, nice sum for barely a year of investment, i guess we all got lucky this time.
He was so excited and MMSed to show me. Good sum as a start to set aside for old age i told him but he is the same age
as me.

Really happy to see folks doing well. :smile:
wah... flip the props barely a year. is it before TOP?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am mobile right now so cannot check but for the forummer with the foreign ratio issue at Nusa Duta, please PM me as i may have 2 possible solutions for you.