• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP Tampines GRC: Mr Goh Meng Seng and Mr Tan Kin Lian

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please contest at Tampines GRC

Goh Meng Seng in Tampines? Cannot lah! Sure lose one! The fucking faces of his people in the computer shop already turned off many people!

Tampines want opposition? Better hope for Workers Party to come and contest. Who have experience running town councils. Computer shop owner not qualified! NSP? die two times still want to come round every five years. Not everytime give second chance within two years OK?

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng in Tampines? Cannot lah! Sure lose one! The fucking faces of his people in the computer shop already turned off many people!

You insulted Goh Meng Seng who is a prominent Opposition leader.

Clearly you are a member of the PAP Internet Brigade.

I vow to expose your chicanery and your cowardice, Mister Ng E-Jay.

All your Geylang chicken stories will be broadcast to the media should you stand for elections.

Kiss your political career goodbye and GOODNIGHT!

God Meng Seng

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ex-NTUC Income chief executive officer Tan Kin Lian has confirmed that a few opposition parties have approached him and expressed their interest in recruiting him.

He confirmed this in an interview with reporters from the Shin Min Daily News.

According to the report, Tan Kin Lian has said he has yet to decide if he will contest in the next general election.

What he is able to confirm, however, is that he will not run as an independent or form a new party in order to contest in the election.

Mr Tan says he has yet to decide which party he would join.

He told The Straits Times in an interview in Nov 2008 that he had been a People's Action Party member for 30 years, but quit because he was no longer active. He added that, increasingly, he also found that he did not agree with the PAP's value system over the years.

Reasons for hesitation

Mr Tan gave reporters from the Chinese daily his reasons for his hesitation in deciding whether or not to contest in the next election.

He said: "My hands are full in dealing with and fulfilling my private and public duties. If I were to contest, it would mean putting all my responsibilities aside or changing my key priorities."

Mr Tan's family is also not supportive of his going into politics, especially as an opposition party member.

He said most people seemed to hold the view that you were either "with or against" the government, but he hoped his participation would serve to provide a platform where alternative policies and methods of government might be voiced.

As for his reason for not running in the next election as an independent, it is because he feels running in an election requires many considerations, which more experienced party members may be able to help.

"If I were to contest in the next election, it is likely that I would compete for a seat in a group representation constituency (GRC)," he said.

When asked by reporters when the next election is likely to be held, Mr Tan's guess is that it would be held either at the end of 2009 or early next year.

Opposition parties should co-operate

In the interview with the Shin Min Daily, Mr Tan also revealed that he is friends with a few opposition party chiefs, whom he keeps in touch with regularly.

Mr Tan said he would encourage them to co-operate and consider the possibility of joining together to form a bigger party.

He said: "They need to learn to work together as one, in order to attract more members. If I decide to contest, I would hope my actions will encourage others who are able to join as well, so the public would have a bigger and better selection of people to choose their leaders from."

Even if he does not end up running in the election, he hopes to continue his role as the public's advocate and activist, as he wants Singaporeans to know the rights and responsibilities that they have as citizens.

Z

Zombie

According to the report, Tan Kin Lian has said he has yet to decide if he will contest in the next general election.

TKL said that it is a must to have the 100,000 names first.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_305814.html

The 60-year-old former chief executive officer of NTUC Income told The Sunday Times he is considering standing as Singapore's next elected president or contesting in the next general election as an independent candidate.

He made no bones about his political ambitions in an interview with the paper.

But first, this king of petitions wants to see at least 100,000 signatures and names of Singaporeans who are willing to give him their support.

'I will only do it if enough people want me to lead. If Singaporeans want change, they must have a stake in it and show their commitment by putting down their names. I cannot do this without strong support,' he said.

Such a petition should be put together by those who are keen to see him become a leader, and not by himself, he added.

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
you insulted goh meng seng who is a prominent opposition leader.

Clearly you are a member of the pap internet brigade.

I vow to expose your chicanery and your cowardice, mister ng e-jay.

All your geylang chicken stories will be broadcast to the media should you stand for elections.

Kiss your political career goodbye and goodnight!

God meng seng

how come this gms behave like a 3 years old kid

like that want to win election?

Go imh la

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
how come this gms behave like a 3 years old kid

like that want to win election?

Go imh la

LOL! This is not me but my impersonator GOD Meng Seng, not Goh Meng Seng. PAP is right, internet is full of foolish stuffs and you must read and be very discerning. LOL! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! This is not me but my impersonator GOD Meng Seng, not Goh Meng Seng. PAP is right, internet is full of foolish stuffs and you must read and be very discerning. LOL! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

u do not need to fall into your ardent fans' verbal trap. who are they, we know pretty well. try and make it this time! there are lots of supporters behind you if you are the REAL GOH MENG SENG, that is.:smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
tan kin lian for real or not? until he joins up, i think it is all talk no action.

he's real but his intention/motive/agenda is rather ambiguous and dubious. his 100k signatures were already a giveaway about his sincerity on serving peasants and fight for their rights. a 100K confirmed signatures already signified a won ward. this bugger is like the superkiasu and kiasee.

hopefully, i hope i m wrong.:rolleyes:

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tampines is defended strongly by Shortie Mah and Team, their weak link being the new Malay chap, and the other 2 chinese guy, Sin and Ong.

The previous results PAP Vs SDA is at 68.51% vs 31.49%. In order to win another 20% 24000 votes will be a tough fight. In Tampines you have the Merchants' Associations, Resident Communities, Community Centres of different zones, Tampines Town Council, HDB Tampines, Police Neighbourhood Posts, as PAP's ground support for their campaign if there are any elections. All of them got their own agendas for PAP to win to protect their rice bowls.

I think Tampines East will be a stronghold for PAP, while the weaker areas are Tampines West and Tampines North area, which are on the outskirts of the town. I think the oppositions can win votes from residents there. There are more crimes registered (fire-cases, etc) in those areas and residents there are more open to changes, etc.

Tampines was touted as the best modern town to stay in at one point of time, thus if it will to fall to opposition, it will be a great blow to PAP. I remembered that Old Man came down personally to lift his PAP MPs morale during the GE in 2001 end, their MPs were then caught offguard by Opposition's contest there, they were expecting a walkover and ready to celebrate liao, but when the news of the contests came, and all of the MPs face turned smelly smelly liao...

The PAPs deployed their ground forces efficiently then as well, recruiting many PAP volunteers on the side for misc works in their campaign...

But all these ground forces they have will be useless, if only the Opposition are to move the people staying there with their words and promises of a more transparent government and one who takes better care of its citizens compared to FTs, etc, etc...

I really hope to see a contest here in Tampines.

Cheers!

:biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Tampines is defended strongly by Shortie Mah and Team, their weak link being the new Malay chap, and the other 2 chinese guy, Sin and Ong.

The previous results PAP Vs SDA is at 68.51% vs 31.49%. In order to win another 20% 24000 votes will be a tough fight. In Tampines you have the Merchants' Associations, Resident Communities, Community Centres of different zones, Tampines Town Council, HDB Tampines, Police Neighbourhood Posts, as PAP's ground support for their campaign if there are any elections. All of them got their own agendas for PAP to win to protect their rice bowls.

I think Tampines East will be a stronghold for PAP, while the weaker areas are Tampines West and Tampines North area, which are on the outskirts of the town. I think the oppositions can win votes from residents there. There are more crimes registered (fire-cases, etc) in those areas and residents there are more open to changes, etc.

Tampines was touted as the best modern town to stay in at one point of time, thus if it will to fall to opposition, it will be a great blow to PAP. I remembered that Old Man came down personally to lift his PAP MPs morale during the GE in 2001 end, their MPs were then caught offguard by Opposition's contest there, they were expecting a walkover and ready to celebrate liao, but when the news of the contests came, and all of the MPs face turned smelly smelly liao...

The PAPs deployed their ground forces efficiently then as well, recruiting many PAP volunteers on the side for misc works in their campaign...

But all these ground forces they have will be useless, if only the Opposition are to move the people staying there with their words and promises of a more transparent government and one who takes better care of its citizens compared to FTs, etc, etc...

I really hope to see a contest here in Tampines.

Cheers!

:biggrin:

Thank you for all the concerns and information provided here.

Goh Meng Seng