• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

North Korea has fired several artillery shells into South Korea

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

A South Korean marine stops reporters in front of the damaged Marine Corp's barracks which was hit by artillery shells fired by North Korea on Yeonpyeong Island, November 24, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

South Koreans use binoculars to look over the North side from Imjingak, near the demilitarized zone (DMZ) of Panmunjom, South Korea, Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
740x.jpg

An armed North Korean female soldier on border patrol stands amid the terrain of trees and branches near the shoreline of the Yalu River, some 70 kms north of Dandong in northeast China's Liaoning province which lies across the river from the North Korean border town of Siniuju on November 24, 2010. Chinese state media coverage of the Korean peninsula shelling incident has avoided criticising Beijing's close ally Pyongyang and even said the episode showed North Korea's 'toughness' after the reclusive communist state fired a deadly barrage of artillery shells onto a South Korean island on November 23 in one of the most serious border incidents since the 1950-1953 war, sparking global condemnation of Pyongyang.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
850x.jpg

Destroyed houses are seen after being hit by artillery shells fired by North Korea on Yeonpyeong Island November 24, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
680x.jpg

South Korean Marines who injured on South Korean Yeonpyeong Island after being hit by North Korea's attack, sit on beds at a military hospital in Seongnam, South Korea, Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x690.jpg

Protesters burn North Korean flags at a rally denouncing North Korea in Seoul November 24, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
740x.jpg

People stand beside houses, destroyed after they were hit by artillery shells fired by North Korea, on Yeonpyeong Island November 24, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

Destroyed houses are seen on Yeonpyeong island, South Korea, Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010. South Korea says it has found the burnt bodies of two islanders killed in a North Korean artillery attack.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
680x.jpg

A destroyed house is seen after it was hit by artillery shells fired by North Korea on Yeonpyeong Island November 24, 2010.​

boundThunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
North Korea Vs South Korea

1.19 million active troops- 687,000 active troops
7.7 million reserve troops- 4.5 million reserve troops.
4,100 tanks- 2,750 main battle tanks.
2,500 armored personal carriers- 2,780 armored personal carriers.
17,900 artillery pieces- 10,470 artillery pieces.
620 combat aircraft (mostly migs)- 490 combat aircraft.
420 warships- 140 warships
71 submarines- 12 submarines
800 ballistic missiles- Limited missiles under treaty with u.s.
6-8 possible nuclear weapons- 0 nuclear weapons.

Population-23.9 million, Population-48.3 million
Capital-Pyongyang, Capital-Seoul.
Size-47,000 sq miles, 38,000 sq miles.
Religion-mainly atheist, Religion-Buddhism,Christianity.
Political-communist rule, Political-democracy
Economy-fragile, Economy-thriving.
Society-poverty, Society-good standard of living.
Exports-minerals,metal,cement, Exports-electrical,machinery.
Media-government propaganda, Media-terrestrial networks, satellite tv

Place your bets...

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
south korea will win due to technology and US. north korea weapon are very outdated

but Communist ruled china will help north korea.they might at the same time invade taiwan too.after taking out the south and taiwan and make them into communist, communist china invade the south china sea islands.
they will take down vietnam.

the communist china axis power include, Iran, North Korea, Burmese Military Junta... and once they invade Taiwan and South Korea, they will rule Asia!!!

just my thought...

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry bro, china i have a feeling this time might not help north out in invading south if anything goes wrong.

china is no longer fully communist, its looking at money now and US is his biggest partner. i am sure they would not want to hurt their own pocket

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, there will be no winner.Both the North and South will be destroyed. Seoul which is few hundreds of km from the North would be destroyed completedly with huge consequences for the whole of Asia.

Both the big powers behind these two warring Korean state, US and China would not allow the skimishes to escalate. The US is worried of facing a military response from North Korea ally, China if the North is attacked. China too do not want to be dragged into a war with the US. Most of all, South Korea more than the North fears a war given its relative big economy.

Its bad to say but the present South Korean government needs to have a revamp of its policies towards the North. It is vey clear that the present South Korean government hardline attitude has created tension with the North at the detrimental of itself. The sinking of the Cheonan(in the midst of joint exercise with the US) and now artillery attacks (in the midst of a huge naval exercises by the South Korean Navy)came as a result of massive military exercises next to territorial despute areas that invited the wrath of its northern neighbor. Imagine either Japan or China organising massive military exercises in their disputed diayutai/Senkaku islands...the outcome may be unimaginable.

The best solution is self-restraint. There will be a total lose-lose situation for both if escalation is not prevented. This will further heightened tension , separate the Korean people even further and bring down the world economy even lower.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry bro, china i have a feeling this time might not help north out in invading south if anything goes wrong.

china is no longer fully communist, its looking at money now and US is his biggest partner. i am sure they would not want to hurt their own pocket

maybe you are right.hmm .. let's hope so! what if Communist China really send in troops to fight the South Korea???I mean what if???What should we do as oversea Chinese?

I hereby declare, if Communist China really help the North to invade the South, we must form a anti communist china organisation and with taiwan help, we shall fight our way into china and topple the communist regime!!!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
maybe you are right.hmm .. let's hope so! what if Communist China really send in troops to fight the South Korea???I mean what if???What should we do as oversea Chinese?

I hereby declare, if Communist China really help the North to invade the South, we must form a anti communist china organisation and with taiwan help, we shall fight our way into china and topple the communist regime!!!

i rather sit back on my sofa have a can of asahi with a bag of dries cuttlefish while enjoy the live telecast infront of my tv screen . :rolleyes:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
but Communist ruled china will help north korea.they might at the same time invade taiwan too.after taking out the south and taiwan and make them into communist, communist china invade the south china sea islands.
they will take down vietnam.

the communist china axis power include, Iran, North Korea, Burmese Military Junta... and once they invade Taiwan and South Korea, they will rule Asia!!!

just my thought...

U think you playing RISK???:p