• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicle Seah: 2013 has been the worst yr of my life with panic attack.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole is not an MP. She does not have a constituency to serve.

Salam 1Singapore !

So what if she’s an MP and does have a constituency to serve?

Nicole Seah should learn from those Hammerrhoid MPs in Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol who have constituencies to serve yet do not behave like MPs.

The 9 Hammerrhoids hardly serve the people to speak up for them in 1Singapore Parliament but to rubber-stamp all of PAP main legislations. And they do not manage the town council properly causing so much unhappiness for the people but to let their FMeSS cronies to profiteer so outrageously from the residents.

Instead those 9 Hammerrhoid “MPs” waste all their time moonlighting as full-time unlicensed tour guides organizing tours to 1Malaysia.

Nicole could also plagiarise like the Hammerrhoid zombies and moonlight as a tour guide in Marine Parade to 1Malaysia.

Like the Hammerrhoid full-time tour guides, she could earn extra big fat commission from the grateful profitable Malaysian businessmen, after touting the Singaporeans to eat and spend all their money in 1Malaysia.

She could also create headache for the PAP regime by destroying the small local businesses in Marine Parade after diverting all the Singaporean money to 1Malaysia, just as the Hammerrhoid zombies have so successfully done so in Aljunied-Hougang –Punggol.

She should also learn from the Hammerrhoid zombies by singing, dancing and clowning around with the tourists like those cheapo beer aunties at hawker centres.

Indeed, Nicole does not need to be an MP to make more money, destroy Singaporean local businesses and clowning around.

Barisan PAP-WP: Towards a 1Singapore Parliament !

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole is not an MP. She does not have a constituency to serve.

If she can't handle her personal life, how can she be entrusted with the responsibility of making the lives of others better.

today i have to agree with sam twice.
If she can't handle her personal life, can she handle a single constituency of 25000, a grc of 300000?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tin Pei Ling is far superior. She was ready from day one. The first thing she did was woo and land the right man. It shows her ability to plan and strategise for the future despite her tender age.

She could well be the future PM.

When your husband was the former Principal Private Secretary to the PM, it makes nepotism that much easier.

As for her becoming a future PM ( I suspect you are trying to humour us) but if you are really serious, you may remember GCT had already alluded to the fact that if TPL had not been in his Marine Parade team, his majority would not have been eroded to just over 56% (it was never below 70% at any previously contested election).

To demonstrate that you are of PM calibre is more than just helping the old folks in MacPherson and hunting down a resident who has thrown used tampons out of their windows.
Why Hell, for $15k a month, I could do that.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is not yet at the receiving end. She has not even been elected and got grilled in Parliament.

She meltdown after she quit her job because by her own admission, she was not meeting expectations, and after she was sacked from another job, and her grandma came down with cancer, and she contracted dengue and apparently, nobody visited her.

Nobody has criticised her yet. The one who was maligned was Tin Pei Ling who surprising did not meltdown.

J

JeanGrey

TPL has to balance whatever she was doing with marriage. TPL also has parents to look after.

Nicole is single and she 'melt down'

Falling sick is not something which happens only to her grandma. It happens to almost everybody's grandma when they are old. Few and far between are those grandmas who simply grow old and die peacefully without any form of chronic sicknesses.

My fullest respect to Tin Pei Ling. You will have my vote again! Keep it up!

its precisely because ms seah was single that she over-devoted herself to politics. ms tng on the other hand had other responsibilities that kept her away from being over zealous in her efforts to make sgp a better place.

the tampon hunt only shows that she had nothing better to do with her time. it is an excellent example of inefficiency.

only time will tell which of the 2 ladies will make a better politician. so far, they are still at ikan bilis stage 1, not even close to boss fight yet.

respect though to both ladies. they are fighting the good fight.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
today i have to agree with sam twice.
If she can't handle her personal life, can she handle a single constituency of 25000, a grc of 300000?

Look at Kee Chiu ...he is a psychologically scarred individual ...he is a minister. And you think Nicole is inferior to Kee Chiu who has NO private sector experience?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is not yet at the receiving end. She has not even been elected and got grilled in Parliament.

She meltdown after she quit her job because by her own admission, she was not meeting expectations, and after she was sacked from another job, and her grandma came down with cancer, and she contracted dengue and apparently, nobody visited her.

Nobody has criticised her yet. The one who was maligned was Tin Pei Ling who surprising did not meltdown.

Except for tear performance by an ex-minister, no PAP politician dare to behave as a human in public. They have to uphold the image that they are 'god's gift to sinkapore'.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How is a politician going to manage a country and make decisions that affect millions of citizens when she can't even manage her own life.
This is typical of the opposition in Singapore. They're all talk with no substance. A few minor issues and the panic sets in.
This proves without doubt that Tin Pei Ling is far superior to Nicole Seah. She is so efficient with her time management that she can serve all the needy citizens in her ward plus still find time to track down owners of sanitary napkins.

I see you are preparing the ground for your entrance as a PAP politician, joining the Tin Pei Ling GRC team. With you and Tin plus Sun Ho and Kong Hee, the team is unbeatable ...likely winning 99 percent of the popular vote.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After reading Nicole's, my opinion of her is this:

She is a just a regular girl next door who went into politics for the same reason as why she would pretend to be a newscaster with a big audience on TV.
But if a person is not politically savvy, or has what it takes to walk the ground without melting down, she is better off staying out of politics.
From what Nicole wrote, it is clear that she is not politically savvy, rather she is naïve, and not physically strong.

That's why we need more politicians like Nicole. We don't need more of Kee Chiu, LHL, GCT, Khaw. We need people who is in politics to make a positive difference in the lives of sinkees, not to themselves.
Opposition politicians have a full-time job and put in the extra hours to continue to work the ground year-in and year-out. PAP politicians, on the other hand, get cushy jobs with NTUC and PAP, getting 5-figure salaries doing nothing to wait for the next election. Even in this pampered environment, they don't even bother to work the ground until close to the election.

Tin Pei Ling has been walking the ground since June 2011. She did not complain. She toiled and persevered quietly and the last time I saw her, she'd aged beyond her biological age.
What toiling has she done? She should be thanking her lucky star. A junior associate, earning $4k, propelled into PAP MP, earning $25k. Is she that capable? Nothing in public that shows she deserved that huge promotion.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had seen her in public more than even ltk and his ninjas. The party girl LLL, only knows how to organize tea party and nothing else. Sad.

J

JeanGrey

What toiling has she done? She should be thanking her lucky star. A junior associate, earning $4k, propelled into PAP MP, earning $25k. Is she that capable? Nothing in public that shows she deserved that huge promotion.

ah peks like eye candy lah. but where you get the 25k figure from?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read what she wrote... this is what LKY refers to when he says Singaporeans have gone soft. Her problems pale in comparison to the issues our forefathers faced when they were rebuilding their lives in Singapore after leaving the motherland.

My neighbor of many years ago was 16 when his father, the sole breadwinner, died prematurely. He had 6 younger siblings. His mother had to work from mid afternoon till midnight as a hawker's assistant daily in order to feed the children while he had to look after the younger ones in her absence PLUS study at the same time.

He didn't suffer panic attacks. He didn't have a meltdown. Despite the huge responsibilities, he emerged from this difficult period of his life and put himself through university.

The baptism of fire separates the strong from the weak. No prizes for guessing which category Nicole falls into.

Some of the ailments were there but no medical terms to describe it during our father's time.
ADHD, Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is just one of those that comes to mind.

How you know your neighbor did not suffer a panic attack?
Did he tell you or put it on Facebook or blog about it?

Even famous and accomplished singers, like Barbra Streisand and Adele (just to name two, you can do a google for the rest), suffer from stage fright.

Nicole's panic attack pales in comparison to old fart.

Base on an interview with Dr. Toh Chin Chye, published in 'Leaders of Singapore', did old fart also suffer a panic attack/severe depression for more than five months in 1965?
Toh Chin Chye had to hold the fort for him while he "recuperates".

So much for the baptism of fire separates the strong from the weak.
If not for the support of people and Dr. Toh, no prizes for guessing which category old fart falls into .

Excerpt of an interview with Dr Toh Chin Chye, published in 'Leaders of Singapore' by Melanie Chew, 1996
"He held two successive press conferences, and in which both he cried. On the third morning I went to work, and saw the press boys again. I asked Lee Wei Ching, his press secretary, "Why are they hanging around here?" Another press conference! I told Lee Wei Ching, "You ought to tell the Prime Minister to go to Changi and take a rest. Call the press conference off! Another crying bout, and the people of Singapore will think the government is on its knees. So he went to Changi, staying at the government bungalow for six weeks.

One smart reporter noted this by going through Hansard. There was a big time gap in Hansard between our last parliamentary meeting and the next meeting. More than five months.
One would have thought with such a big event, Parliament should be immediately summoned and the announcement made to Parliament. The opposition came at me. Why is there no Parliament sitting? So I had to hold the fort."

gingerninja

You either deal with it head on or go back to the agency and shut out what people expect from you, and move on. Pick a struggle. Why does everybody think that they can make it big in no time and have a relaxed life after that? Then when they realize that they have to put in effort, they break down?Weak sauce. Read Gladwell's 10,000 hours, because you, Nicole Seah, are a bit late to the game when you realize that "there is no short cut". Other people have already realized that years ago. Tsk.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
revelatory-ape-maturity-sumatra-borneo_22313.jpg

Between the heartless politician and the ape, I would vote for the ape anytime....