• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbies in Moderation

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I started this thread, you were the first to post and it's was provocative. It's there for everyone to see. Since you decide to play first, pointless you crying like a baby now. Ramseth, Cooleo etc have thoroughly sodomised you and you are bitter that TFBH and I pointed it out. JW5 caught out Ramseth and his clones. Our job is not to convince anyone here. Look at Bob Sim, another of Ramseth victims and he considers them his friend. Soon you will be running errands for him as well. I completely stopped where Ramseth was concerned as sued for air. But he stepped in this forum and tried his suck job again. I don't go for village idiots but Ramseth is no village idiot. Just ask him where he gets his income from?
I also dun want to play ping pong with you, but when Screwball starts to hantam me for being closed to Ramseth, you joined in and start bashing about my points too. I was surprised cod I got nothing against you, ur problem with Ramseth is your problem, I side no one, but you DID!!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
genuine new forummers can be vouched by senior forummers here (nominate a few) to expedite the mod process - but it is a 2 edged sword, if these laojiao forummers vouched for spambot, they get points deduction. So, if i am a newbie, I ask say, Ramseth (sorry, I just use Ramseth as example, purely for illustration, no other purpose) to vouch for me, or Ramseth feel I am genuine, he vouched for me or he "up" me via PM to Leong...

So, at least there is an incentive for newbies to keep the good stuff coming.

At end of day, there is no foolproof method.

Asking a newbie to figure out who are the ones in charge here?

What will happen is that some of our venerable elders will start to get large heads and expect tribute from the newbies after they have joined (I made you so I can break you mentality). Its human nature.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you know why I called you clueless and gullible. This is a perfect example.

Equalisation is a class act. Did you not see the constant stream of dry wit that was entertaining us during the elections. He has seen life and know what an even keel is. I used to get all heated up with PAP and their shenanigans during the GE but Equalisation's humour always cooled the temperature.

By now you should have realised that he is an intelligent person and he had the upper hand when dealing with Ramseth. It was never the other way around. It was him that was teasing him. Equalisation does not need anyone,s help. I will probably need his help. I step in when someone is getting bullied. I did it with TSR, Krafty, EW69 and a few. Nearly all of them got the message.

Why Screwball never scold Equalisation when you anyhow called him Kotek? Why Screwball keep hantaming me? I'm damn sad leh.... lol

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the stuff I write here is the exact opposite of what I actually think in the first place. If I get hammered for what I say, it means I actually agree with my on line critics.

I adviSe caution... you might end up believing what you write.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asking a newbie to figure out who are the ones in charge here?

What will happen is that some of our venerable elders will start to get large heads and expect tribute from the newbies after they have joined (I made you so I can break you mentality). Its human nature.

of cse, this can happen...its like what's happening now,i up ur points, u up mine. U sort of "owe" the person who upped u something....

my objective is to make it easier or potentially easier for newbies (genuine newbies) the opportunity to get un-mod faster. And since it is technically not feasible to delegate the screening function to many people, the use of "referencing" would be an alternative.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give it a rest,if you all think you are right all the time, you won't be spending your time here.

No point arguing over silly thing, you think you are right , in others eyes you are wrong... so just talk cock and sing song...... :smile::smile::smile:

When some can't even understand the words EXAMPLE and make a big fuss and boast about having money to burnt.....and think that they are the center of the universe ....no wonder mod are MCP....... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:....ok can fire all you want, i press the nuke button.....whazzzz a blasttttttttttt

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of firefighting, Sam should consider this to mitigate the effect of new clones being created, hopfully it will impact the moderation policy;

Take "total rep points" divide by "age of nic in the forum (day created to current date)" = rep power.

1. If didnt post quality comments, naturally don't get high total rep points.
2. Also, if joined for long time, don't contribute, naturally don't get high rep points.
3. If joined for long, and seldom post, also don't get high rep points.
4. If joined for long time, low total rep points equals low rep power.

Imo, this is fair and encourages participation and render clones and sockpuppets useless or not as effective, if operated by only one individual.

Rather than create a new clone and let it age to gain rep power, then negotiate around the forum for some rep points, and start the ball rolling among the individual's clones and sockpuppets. Remove the motivation for creating clones, if they are for the object of increasing rep power to infract at critical points or bully others.

There has got to be a better method than the current approach of moderating newbies. Completely understand the need to stop spambots and other prohibited stuff but the current approach discourages newbies who are posting on a hot thread or a topical issues. They want to be heard and wish to participate. The idea for waiting discourages and not good for for anyone. Why not let the first post go thru and then if need be to place them on moderation until there is level of behaviour change. Most people are not keen to suck up to a few for points neither do they find it pleasant manipulating or grooming few gullibles ones with choice words to get in. SBF has always been liberal so let's try a better approach.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Instead of firefighting, Sam should consider this to mitigate the effect of new clones being created, hopfully it will impact the moderation policy;

Some people are very tenacious. There's a forummer here who is into his sixth clone. His previous nicks each have posts in the hundreds. If these people just want to play points, fine. Points are just a number in a computer database.

There are only two concerns: abuse of infraction power, and newbies in moderation. Noobs in moderation are taking too long to clear. So the rule I think should be tweaked. As for abuse of infraction power this is Sam's big folly. He played and messed up the point system and now a few old birds have disproportionate power.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
My suggestion is not a cure all. But I believe it makes the sockpuppet masters work harder and put a strain their stamina. Those without the stamina would reduce the number of clones due to the contrains introduced by the formula. And it would help filter and corner the tenacious ones.

There are several objects of my suggestion, some are to encourage participation and quality. Though my posts were of no quality:( but I would like to see more, and am sure there are many genuine newbies or lurkers who are talented:smile:

Some people are very tenacious. There's a forummer here who is into his sixth clone. His previous nicks each have posts in the hundreds. If these people just want to play points, fine. Points are just a number in a computer database.

There are only two concerns: abuse of infraction power, and newbies in moderation. Noobs in moderation are taking too long to clear. So the rule I think should be tweaked. As for abuse of infraction power this is Sam's big folly. He played and messed up the point system and now a few old birds have disproportionate power.