• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbies in Moderation

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
since so many don't like the point system here. Easiest way to destroy it is ABUSE IT! :biggrin: Up everyone you like or don't like to above 700. Let the cats come out and play. Then Sam will have to tweak the system. :biggrin:
Now. Start with me. :o

Are you kidding. everybody loves it. It is the most frequently used feature of the forum.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Up everyone you like or don't like to above 700. Let the cats come out and play. Then Sam will have to tweak the system. :biggrin: ...
y 2 above 700? ...

dat burger tweak his system is doing much less work dan u up others 2 700 ... :rolleyes:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the moderation period was a bit of a pain as i had sought some information. But having gone through this thread i suppose its a necessary evil until some other better method emerges.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
To him, everything is abouts points. He only see one colour and as you have used the points, you are now no different to him.I remember when he first came on board, very quickly he placed a signature asking for points and he would reciprocate. I wondered why he was keen on points and initially assumed he was a clone out to zap someone. He turned out be decent, little substance but you could see he relished the points. Despite explaining to him many times, it was his ultimate goal.
Alamaking,You can't imagine how much I laughed when you quoted that huge chunk of message (itself deserving of an infraction) and then called that guy a cunt in sheep skin. I couldn't help it, I was weak in mind, and I gave you points. If that is a crime to you then as an orientable gentleman I guess I should pay the highest penalty.Yours sincerely,TFBH

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Within 48hrs? It cannot be right. There have been a hike in complaints. There is something wrong. I first noticed it that the newbies were struggling to get in early this year. It became worse during the PE. It was never like this before. No issues then. Look at Golden Dragon and Zeddy, both absolutely decent contributors and they got zapped as newbies and i can't recall a single issue with them. Most will leave.

How about this as a possible solution - you wake up, walk the dog, have breakfast and do your usual screening of spammers. You release the newbie's posts. They also get protected status for a period of time. No zapping. In worse case scenario, they complain to the mod. No more vigilante justice.

I honestly cannot remember terminating any newbie account before they had a chance to post live. 99 % of newbies have become full fledged members within 48 hours.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks come here to give their points of view. And you want them to avoid the bear traps, the IEDs and what not? All we ask is to give the newbies a chance. Nobody is asking you do anything extra. Why don't invest sometime to tweak the system or remove the arseholes who zap newbies for no rhyme or reason.

Any senior could easily have added points to lift him out of moderation. Why is everything left o me to take care of? Can't you guys help each other once in a while instead of constantly bickering and zapping??:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How about this as a possible solution - you wake up, walk the dog, have breakfast and do your usual screening of spammers. You release the newbie's posts. They also get protected status for a period of time. No zapping. In worse case scenario, they complain to the mod. No more vigilante justice.

Another person here has suggested increasing the buffer, let say, a newbie starts with 30 points, and he gets into moderation only when it drops to negative. I fully agree with this.

The sex forum has a "test" folder situated below the active directories, which newbies can post unmoderated right from the get-go, but posting there alone will not get them out of moderation. That can be implemented here too. Just don't call it a "rubbish bin" as its demeaning to genuine posters.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To him, everything is abouts points. He only see one colour and as you have used the points, you are now no different to him.I remember when he first came on board, very quickly he placed a signature asking for points and he would reciprocate. I wondered why he was keen on points and initially assumed he was a clone out to zap someone. He turned out be decent, little substance but you could see he relished the points. Despite explaining to him many times, it was his ultimate goal.

both you and tfbh are sounding like tiresome old grannies bitching unceasingly about your grand kid's behavior in cyberspace. in your failure to nag and bore him to death to change his behavior, both of you camp around the playground to whine to each other. meanwhile, your grand kid is growing up to be a juvenile, finds new friends, and wants no part of your old decrepit ways. you can't play with him in the playground as your butts are glued to wheelchairs. all you can do is bitch, bitch, bitch like old hags. it's becoming a broken record, with naggy and saggy components.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
both you and tfbh are sounding like tiresome old grannies bitching unceasingly about your grand kid's behavior in cyberspace. in your failure to nag and bore him to death to change his behavior, both of you camp around the playground to whine to each other. meanwhile, your grand kid is growing up to be a juvenile, finds new friends, and wants no part of your old decrepit ways. you can't play with him in the playground as your butts are glued to wheelchairs. all you can do is bitch, bitch, bitch like old hags. it's becoming a broken record, with naggy and saggy components.

Understand that nothing we say would change much. But at least it puts people like Ramseth on alert to the fact that other people here know what;s going on and not shy to point it out no matter how embarrassing to all parties concerned.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Watch how screwball tries to twist this around to his advantage.

POS is a tiresome spammer. Chasing after alamaking who doesn't even bug anyone and then talking about being made used nay anally raped by ram and cooleo when there's no concrete evidence about that. Repeating the same stupid thing time and time again.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Understand that nothing we say would change much. But at least it puts people like Ramseth on alert to the fact that other people here know what;s going on and not shy to point it out no matter how embarrassing to all parties concerned.

if they can't figure out ram in a jiffy in cyberspace, they deserve to be had. just like 60% of sinkies. if they can't figure out pappies and their shenanigans after 50 years of real space, they deserve to be screwed night and day.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who in the blue hell doesn't know what ram is about. Who can even fall for his stuff.

ReceivedByShits

Alfrescian
Loyal
look at what happens when i manage to piss off 1 fella. All his clowns are coming from all direction.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Run to your momma and hide beneath her skirt you balless lion. PAP Internet Brigade is all over this place. You can ride but you cannot hide. :smile:

Singa.jpg

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just offer an opinion or suggest an approach to help newbies. Ignore the sideshow. Note others are offering good suggestion without getting distracted. It's a skill.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watch how screwball tries to twist this around to his advantage.

POS is a tiresome spammer. Chasing after alamaking who doesn't even bug anyone and then talking about being made used nay anally raped by ram and cooleo when there's no concrete evidence about that. Repeating the same stupid thing time and time again.
Thank you Jah, I love you mak mak, hahaha :biggrin::biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have changed the threshold for moderation from 10 points to 1 point.

This means that members end up moderation only if their reputation points fall below 1.

This applies to everyone not just newbies.

Newbies start at 10 and have a buffer of 9 points.

Those with power who see newbies heading for moderation even though they're making decent contributions can simply click on the star below the message and add to their points.

Don't expect me to monitor and manage everything. I don't know what goes on here. I spend more time in the backroom than in the front office. :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. That is the reason why this thread is about helping newbies who can't get thru the door. It's not about helping Almaking or Jah Rastafar. They deserve their lot in life.
if they can't figure out ram in a jiffy in cyberspace, they deserve to be had. just like 60% of sinkies. if they can't figure out pappies and their shenanigans after 50 years of real space, they deserve to be screwed night and day.