• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Hawker Centre - Diry and Filthy

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even the urinals are clean. :p

image.jpg

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks to tracy, we now know heshe is devoid of pics and proof to back up her false accusations. her claims were immediately debunked by sheer coincidence that i was there at the relevant time and place to acquire evidence. :rolleyes:

Eatshitndie, I have acquired a new respect for you from this incident.

Eatshitndie 1:0 Tracy

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to Tracy, the government buckled up.

Dear Winnipegjets,

You are the few who perhaps understood my point when I raised this Bedok Central hawker issue. I applaud NEA for taking immediate actions to clean the place after I raised the issue.

But NEA staff missed my point. What I raised was a bigger issue and not the cleanliness of tables, utensils, etc. Cleanliness of utensils and tables was not the main concern. What I raised was whether there was negligence when NEA/MND staff took over a newly built hawker centre and multi storey carpark that were dirty and filthy at the stage of handing over. Was there a breach of procedures to accept such a badly completed job?

I thank the NEA Operations Staff who ensured that the East Coast GRC cleaners clean up the place. But he missed my point.

Please see correspondence between NEA and me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dear Ms Tan,

We refer to your feedback of 3 Dec 2014, regarding the cleanliness of Bedok Central Hawker Centre and its car park.

We thank you for your feedback and appreciate your concerns. We have liaised with the East Coast Town Council and Housing and Development Board (HDB), which manages the common areas of the food centre and car park respectively, to improve the cleanliness of these areas.

Please contact our 24-hour NEA hotline at 1800-2255 632 (1800-CALL NEA) if you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely

Regards,

D Tay • Executive (Operations Management) • Hawker Centres Division • National Environment Agency
Email : [email protected]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The Bedok Central Hawker Centre and carpark have just been handed over to the government. They were built with tax payers' money.

The floors, walls and signages look dirty and filthy. How can they be considering they are new buildings.

Was there due diligence and were proper procedures and checks followed during the hand over.

I request that senior NEA staff take a look at the state and cleanliness of the hawker centre and car park, bearing in mind they are less than a month old. I thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Tracy tan"

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eatshitndie, I have acquired a new respect for you from this incident.

Eatshitndie 1:0 Tracy

Dear SgGoneWrong,

I agree with you that Eatshitndie took the effort to post his thoughts. That was commendable

But he missed my point that a newly built complex was taken over by the relevant govt agency in such a bad state. The issue was not about the daily cleanliness of the hawker centre.

The issue was whether the relevant govt agency staff did his job diligently when he took over the complex from the building contractor. See my original post below which is different from what eatshitndie tried to portray. So nothing great abt what eatshitndie posted because he missed the forest for the trees.

"The new Bedok Central Hawker Centre was recently completed and has just been handed over. I went there last night but was shocked to see the walls, floor and surrounding filthy and dirty.

How can it be? Who accepted such shoddy work? Was there any hanky panky? Was there any corruption involved?

The new car park is equally bad. Floor is dirty and signage looks terrible.

Someone has to look into this sad situation "

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for sinkie drivers, a dozen mirrors in every corner will not help. :wink:

1/3 of all drivers in SG are foreigners. when you see a bad driver, don't assume that he/she is a Singaporean.

Likewise when you see someone spits, don't just assume that he/she is a Singaporean. Broaden your mind

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have they installed the safety mirrors in the Multi-Storey Car Park?

Did you see the carpark conditions? I am appalled that they took over the MSCP in such filthy condition. Now East Coast GRC has to clean up the dirt and mess which should have been done by the builder

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more exposè on this fraud of a story from tracy.....

on dec-3, on the way to bedok point, i stopped by bedok central hawker center to take some pics out of curiosity. pics of dec-3 were posted on sbf on dec-4. further to taking pics, i interviewed some hawker tenants and customers. hawkers were telling me that they couldn't wait for the commissioning of the place, as their livelihoods were at stake. there were a few levels of "handover", from contractor to hdb to the east coast town council, and from the hdb and town council to hawkers. much coordination was required, and timing was critical, as hawkers required additional time to prepare, install, remodel (if necessary) and put up signs of their own. hawkers, at time of "handover" to them, felt the facility was adequate and ready to allow them to prep, install and remodel their stalls. as stall installation and minor renovation work had to start early before grand opening, hawkers were ok with the center still in unfinished or clean-up mode. clean up, including readiness of individual stalls, would happen before grand opening, and not necessarily during handover from contractor to hdb to the town council. although there was work yet to be completed, e.g. outside walkway from bedok mall to new parking garage, the place could open and function without being impeded by ongoing finishing and cleanup at the periphery. unlike a 5-star 3000-passenger luxury cruise ship such as the mariner of the seas, it was reasonably clean and fully functional at opening, with some stalls still not being occupied. and this included the adjoining multi-storey parking garage. both hawkers and customers were happy with the new place on opening. when asked, none (hawkers and customers) cared any sh*t about the state of the place during handover from contractor to hdb to town council. all they cared was move-in date, opening date, and getting the place commissioned for business. only a certain tracy wrote in to nea, and laugh out loud laughter was heard in nea upon receipt of the (dubious) complaint. it was subsequently redirected to hdb and the town council, and there were more laughter as pics had shown otherwise at opening. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
A potential accident area is the entrance and exit to Bedok Mall's car Park

Driven there umpteen times and failed to see the danger zone, I thought the security guy is doing a great job directing the human traffic there?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Did you see the carpark conditions? I am appalled that they took over the MSCP in such filthy condition.

Driven there as well, the safety aspect of it or lack thereof left me aghast. The cleanliness of the area can be easily taken care of.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Driven there umpteen times and failed to see the danger zone, I thought the security guy is doing a great job directing the human traffic there?

the mall used to have a guard directing vehicle and human traffic at the carpark entrance along bedok road when it first opened

I was there yesterday abt noon and there was no guard directing traffic

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Driven there as well, the safety aspect of it or lack thereof left me aghast. The cleanliness of the area can be easily taken care of.

yes, cleanliness can be taken care of. But should it be taken over by the authorities when it is not cleaned up by the building contractor?

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:eek::eek::eek: no security on duty directing the human traffic? :eek::eek::eek:

Yesterday abt noon time there was no guard directing traffic. I am not sure whether that's a one off or is it the norm to save manpower cost.

if time permits, I urge you to take a look again and see whether there is anyone directing traffic

Last edited: