• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
New kids-themed hotel opens in JB
AsiaOne | Fri, Nov 29 2013

There is a new kids-themed hotel in Johor Bahru, and it just opened on Friday.

The Legoland Hotel opened its doors on Nov 29, ahead of its scheduled opening date in December.

Guests can choose from 249 uniquely-themed bedrooms with brightly-coloured Lego features that also extend to play areas and restaurants.

Children will be delighted to check out the display at check-in which is made of 12,528 Lego Minifigures.

Other kid-friendly features include quirky-themed elevators, 'exploding' toy boxes, treasure trails, and even 'dragons'.

Facilities include the Bricks Family Restaurant, Gourmet Bricks, Skyline Bar and Patio Lounge, a swimming pool; and rooms include a king-sized bed for parents and a separate sleeping area for up to three children, complete with a bunk bed, a pull-out trundle bed and an entertainment unit.

There are four different room categories, ranging from Themed Rooms, Premium Rooms, Deluxe Rooms to Suite Rooms.

Legoland's pint-sized guests can stretch their imaginations by playing Pirate, command a Kingdom or embark on an Adventure, plus hunt for clues in the room to crack the code on a locked treasure chest.

Room rates start from RM400++ (S$156) and package prices are also available, said Legoland Malaysia in a statement.

View the photos of the hotel in the gallery below.

- See more at: http://www.relax.com.sg/article/news/new-kids-themed-hotel-opens-in-jb#sthash.3iW6zhxT.dpuf

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently seems like the property sales and the investor interests is slowing down.

What's the direction? Don't really hear much new launches

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess all this is sign that a property bubble might be brewing and due to burst.
The federal Govt is just adding more fire. Doesn't look good.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
uh oh!

http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...s/choong-dont-burden-jb-road-users-with-toll/

partial quote: "Public Works executive councillor Datuk Hasni Mohammad admitted that the Federal Government was concerned about the monthly compensation to MRCB, which runs in the millions.

”We have however strongly opposed the idea of imposing a toll along the road as we have already made a promise to Johoreans that we will not do that,” he said when contacted by The Star.

Sources told The Star that one option would be to impose higher tolls at the Customs and Immigration Checkpoint (CIQ) for Singaporean cars only but this idea was still being considered."

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sources told The Star that one option would be to impose higher tolls at the Customs and Immigration Checkpoint (CIQ) for Singaporean cars only but this idea was still being considered."

Cedric Foo already mentioned that a tit-for-tat move by SG is expected, should this idea go through. He further said that both countries should look at removing barriers, instead of erecting more.

Anyway, sticking to the thread title, I read in Sin Chew Daily yesterday that D'Serambi 3rd phase (Taman Perling) is expected to be launched next month, at ard RM700K.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
This type of constant policy tweaks is making a lot of people nervous.

Now with the federal Govt demanding that Singapore Govt come clean about the spying issues, this might throwa spanner into the cross country cooperation regarding the MRT and HSR.

Wonder if Najib not around whether the Malaysian govt still be so welcoming to Singaporean investments into their country.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now with the federal Govt demanding that Singapore Govt come clean about the spying issues, this might throwa spanner into the cross country cooperation regarding the MRT and HSR.

I think spying issue is more 'wayang' than anything. Certainly, the speed of implementation (or rather, the lack of it) is a worry though.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cedric Foo already mentioned that a tit-for-tat move by SG is expected, should this idea go through. He further said that both countries should look at removing barriers, instead of erecting more.

Anyway, sticking to the thread title, I read in Sin Chew Daily yesterday that D'Serambi 3rd phase (Taman Perling) is expected to be launched next month, at ard RM700K.

I just called tanah sutera rep yesterday. they having a road show tour. register and meet at 8 dec at newton and bus will take you tour sutera/sutera utama. include free buffet lunch.

i also asked about UNGU, the purple precinct in taman sutera (the old sutera next to perling).. new DST intermediate superlink 34x70 quoted 1.1M !

if really d/serambi is 700K then seems reasonable, provided the house sit on a plot larger than 22x70.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
R&F to pay RM4.5b for Malaysian sites

Guangzhou R&F Properties Co, a landlord in the southern Chinese city’s business district, will pay RM4.5 billion (US$1.4 billion) for six sites in Malaysia from a royal family, marking its first acquisition abroad.

The developer plans to build commercial and residential properties on the 47 hectares in the southern Malaysian state of Johor Bahru, according to a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange today.

Developers from China are committing billions of dollars to projects around the world, from apartment towers in New York and a new business district in the UK to a residential redevelopment in Sydney. Regulatory restrictions at home and concerns that the Chinese property market is overheating have spurred companies to venture overseas for the first time.

"Like other developers, R&F made the move to diversify its investment portfolio outside China as domestic property curbs don’t seem to end soon," said Alan Jin, a Hong Kong-based property analyst at Mizuho Securities Asia Ltd. "It remains uncertain how much demand is out there."
R&F will purchase the land from the Sultan of Johor for the development that could have about 3.5 million square meters of floor area including homes, offices and a hotel, according to the statement.

R&F shares fell 2.3 per cent to HK$12.18 as of 11.28am in Hong Kong trading. The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index, tracking Chinese companies traded in Hong Kong, climbed 0.7 per cent, while the Shanghai Stock Exchange Property Index, which tracks 24 developers traded in the city, lost 2.9 per cent.

Li Ka-shing, Asia’s richest man, said last week that his companies have slowed land purchases in Hong Kong and China as prices have escalated to a high level.

China’s new home prices rose in November by the most this year, gaining 10.99 per cent to 10,758 yuan (US$1,766) per square meter from a year earlier, SouFun Holdings Ltd, the nation’s biggest real estate website owner, said on November 30 after a survey of 100 cities.

At least 10 Chinese cities have tightened their property policies in November as local governments face pressure to meet annual home-price targets, according to Centaline Property Agency Ltd, the nation’s biggest real estate brokerage. Three of China’s four major cities -- Shenzhen, Shanghai and Guangzhou -- raised minimum down-payment requirements for second-home mortgages to 70 per cent from 60 per cent.

R&F’s entry into Malaysia follows Country Garden Holdings Co, the developer controlled by China’s richest woman Yang Huiyan, which said last year it will buy prime waterfront land in the southern part of the Southeast Asian nation.

R&F has been exploring opportunities to tap into fast- developing markets overseas to boost its longer-term profitability, chairman Li Sze Lim said in today’s statement.

"The Malaysian property market has significant growth potential that comes from strong economic fundamentals and demographic factors offering opportunities which the group is well positioned to take advantage of," he said.

Average Malaysian home values rose 43 per cent to a record in the four-and-a-half-years to June, according to government data. Prices in the capital Kuala Lumpur climbed 62 per cent to RM605,711 between the start of 2009 and the end of the second quarter this year, while those in Johor climbed 37 per cent to RM187,644, CBRE Group Inc said.-- Bloomberg

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just called tanah sutera rep yesterday. they having a road show tour. register and meet at 8 dec at newton and bus will take you tour sutera/sutera utama. include free buffet lunch.

i also asked about UNGU, the purple precinct in taman sutera (the old sutera next to perling).. new DST intermediate superlink 34x70 quoted 1.1M !

if really d/serambi is 700K then seems reasonable, provided the house sit on a plot larger than 22x70.

Yah man Tanah Sutera houses are ex! I find that Setia, Tanah Sutera, Mulpha, UEM, Berinda houses are among the more ex in JB. I think D'Serambi houses come in (22 x80) and (24 x 80). But I think it's hard to get 1, as the waiting list should be full liao.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wonder if Najib not around whether the Malaysian govt still be so welcoming to Singaporean investments into their country.

Your guess is as good as my guess.

If throw a spanner in the works, all makan grass liow.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
R&F to pay RM4.5b for Malaysian sites

Guangzhou R&F Properties Co, a landlord in the southern Chinese city’s business district, will pay RM4.5 billion (US$1.4 billion) for six sites in Malaysia from a royal family, marking its first acquisition abroad.

The developer plans to build commercial and residential properties on the 47 hectares in the southern Malaysian state of Johor Bahru ......

Wow, if I am calculating correctly, 47 Hectares at RM 4.5B works out to be around RM 900 PSF. Is that a record in Johor? Wondering where the exact location is?

From what I remember, Country Garden purchase price of Waterfront land was around RM 350 psf.

Last edited:

bigcroc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, if I am calculating correctly, 47 Hectares at RM 4.5B works out to be around RM 900 PSF. Is that a record in Johor? Wondering where the exact location is?

From what I remember, Country Garden purchase price of Waterfront land was around RM 350 psf.

4 plots of vacant freehold land and 2 plots of reclaimed freehold land.. total 6 plots

see hkex for info

SuteraUtama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah man Tanah Sutera houses are ex! I find that Setia, Tanah Sutera, Mulpha, UEM, Berinda houses are among the more ex in JB. I think D'Serambi houses come in (22 x80) and (24 x 80). But I think it's hard to get 1, as the waiting list should be full liao.

I disposed my Dserambi phase 1 with 24x80 facing Garden to a lucky couple with less than RM600k , just right after collecting my key.

Very happy for them ... little regret lah .....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disposed my Dserambi phase 1 with 24x80 facing Garden to a lucky couple with less than RM600k , just right after collecting my key.

Seller's regret.

From recent announcements, inflation will be quite bad next year in Johor. I think good chance developers will raise their prices for new launch. As sales is expected to slow down, some developers might simply hold back their launches if they got their land a few years ago at dirt cheap prices.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

RM889.50 psf
But 4.5B is the GDV. So 899.50RM is the GDV price psf. Not bare land price.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

when was it, may I ask? Yes, that looks cheap now. Good location too (to my eyes).

Last edited: