• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get ah loong to implement singaputera policy...:biggrin:

Singa-putera! Singa-putera! I am a half-blood singa-putera. Any pure-blood singa-putera in this forum? LOL.

Wishing a great weekend to all Singa-putera and Pendatang alike..... :smile: World Peace!

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah many of these Msian SPRs are the people who bought JB and a few I know intend to sell their HDB soon - at big profit of course.

Nothing wrong with that, they were wise enough to make a good investment, and some will cash out but most will if they can hold on to it and rent it out. SPRs have less qualms about many issues that worry Sinkies, so its an easier decision.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well you want to earn more than at home country, then of course you have to sacrifice something, be it come down on your lifestyle as you said or be far from family and friends. The same go for Singaporeans who intend to retire in JB. I think you're also generalising when you said Singaporeans are resentful PR come here do well, amass wealth and go back to retire. In the past few years, with the sheer number of PRs, what Singaporeans resent are not PRs making money but PRs taking the benefits - often at the expense of Singaporeans - and yet take Singapore for granted and can even call Singaporeans names.

If you read carefully you would see that I said "seem" , I would also like to qualify that I meant some, not all. I am married to a Singaporean and have many Singaporean friends who welcome adn appreciate our presence. We are after all not liek teh other foreigners, we have a lot more in common with you.
You're right, if we want to earn more than at home then sacrfices are called for. I am not chiding Singaporeans for being resentful, what I am pointing out is that there's is nothing to be envious about as we are making big sacrifices. And its the same for Singapreans who choose to live in MY, especially those who commute. I dont envy you , in fact I sympathise as it cant be easy going through all the hams daily.Its different for those who dont need to commute daily or who are retired. But if you have to go through the daily grind, then the Malaysians back home should also realise they should envy you earning SGD as you're really sweating blood, sweat and tears.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with that, they were wise enough to make a good investment, and some will cash out but most will if they can hold on to it and rent it out. SPRs have less qualms about many issues that worry Sinkies, so its an easier decision.

Obviously something is very wrong from PRs making easy money from HDB like that, if not there won't be a new rule to stop PRs from buying HDB in the first three years of obtaining PR. Those few I know are thinking of selling HDB when shift to JB due to the new policy SPR cannot rent out whole flat. Maybe they are the honest ones or maybe they will still lock one room and rent out when time comes.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you read carefully you would see that I said "seem" , I would also like to qualify that I meant some, not all. I am married to a Singaporean and have many Singaporean friends who welcome adn appreciate our presence. We are after all not liek teh other foreigners, we have a lot more in common with you.
You're right, if we want to earn more than at home then sacrfices are called for. I am not chiding Singaporeans for being resentful, what I am pointing out is that there's is nothing to be envious about as we are making big sacrifices. And its the same for Singapreans who choose to live in MY, especially those who commute. I dont envy you , in fact I sympathise as it cant be easy going through all the hams daily.Its different for those who dont need to commute daily or who are retired. But if you have to go through the daily grind, then the Malaysians back home should also realise they should envy you earning SGD as you're really sweating blood, sweat and tears.

Well what you wrote was "Singaporeans seem resentful..". Is there a difference between this and Singaporeans are resentful? Nothing wrong with Singaporeans being resentful of foreigners who took advantage of the benefits and yet call Singaporean names. It is also a fact Msian SPRs enjoy the best of both worlds and naturally would be the envy of Singaporeans.

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometimes we SPR think Singaporeans seem resentful that some of us who come here do well, amass wealth, then go back to retire.

I'd very much prefer SPRs work here and then leave after they have stopped working, instead of retiring here. I'm sure there are many other SCs who feel the same.

Blue_S

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well what you wrote was "Singaporeans seem resentful..". Is there a difference between this and Singaporeans are resentful? Nothing wrong with Singaporeans being resentful of foreigners who took advantage of the benefits and yet call Singaporean names. It is also a fact Msian SPRs enjoy the best of both worlds and naturally would be the envy of Singaporeans.

have you ever thought that it's because some singaporeans would like to make good money by selling their hdb flats to SPR? otherwise how can SPR buy from resale market? when Singaporeans making good money by renting their flats to foreigners, do you feel appreciating? no... you are those minor group of typical singaporeans that always complain about SPR and foreigners, then why make extra income by renting out your house to them?

when housing price rise, I heard Singaporeans excited about "my unit is now double the price! " and this group of Singaporeans never thank SPR or foreigners... same time, there's another group of singaporeans complaining "it's SPR who cause the housing price so unaffordable by us singaporeans". oh... then SPRs fault.

there's a case. one singaporean that I know of, married a China woman and bought a 4 room hdb. and the 'wife' is staying in China, and the husband occupied one of the room and rented out the rest. so?

another case, another singaporean that I know of, he is a high educated with MBA qualification. His helping his parents run the family business and he is staying in landed house. he is getting married soon and he is going to get a HBD unit with government grant. does he qualify? yes, it's because his so called monthly salary is less than sgd5k. why buy HDB flat? of course there's govn grant and it can make good money when selling off the unit 5 years later.

I agreed that foreigners and SPR bring up the housing price... but is that the main cause?

I am not talking about all singaporeans. but in fact there are some singaporeans would only seeing all negative views on what SPR and foreigners have contributed. not even a single positive view on them. and you are one of those. and when you are enjoying the advantage in malaysia, then again you feel that you are just doing what malaysian SPR are doing. why not? and you feel that you deserve that... lol

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
have you ever thought that it's because some singaporeans would like to make good money by selling their hdb flats to SPR? otherwise how can SPR buy from resale market? when Singaporeans making good money by renting their flats to foreigners, do you feel appreciating? no... you are those minor group of typical singaporeans that always complain about SPR and foreigners, then why make extra income by renting out your house to them?

when housing price rise, I heard Singaporeans excited about "my unit is now double the price! " and this group of Singaporeans never thank SPR or foreigners... same time, there's another group of singaporeans complaining "it's SPR who cause the housing price so unaffordable by us singaporeans". oh... then SPRs fault.

there's a case. one singaporean that I know of, married a China woman and bought a 4 room hdb. and the 'wife' is staying in China, and the husband occupied one of the room and rented out the rest. so?

another case, another singaporean that I know of, he is a high educated with MBA qualification. His helping his parents run the family business and he is staying in landed house. he is getting married soon and he is going to get a HBD unit with government grant. does he qualify? yes, it's because his so called monthly salary is less than sgd5k. why buy HDB flat? of course there's govn grant and it can make good money when selling off the unit 5 years later.

I agreed that foreigners and SPR bring up the housing price... but is that the main cause?

I am not talking about all singaporeans. but in fact there are some singaporeans would only seeing all negative views on what SPR and foreigners have contributed. not even a single positive view on them. and you are one of those. and when you are enjoying the advantage in malaysia, then again you feel that you are just doing what malaysian SPR are doing. why not? and you feel that you deserve that... lol

You are wrong, I'm not doing what the msian SPR are doing - buying HDB that is public housing to resell at high profit tax free - Msia govt does a good job to prevent foreigners from taking such advantage. What I'm doing is buying your private property - paying a premium what the locals are paying at the time and should I resell, it is not tax free.

You've no qualms to accuse me of not having a single positive view of foreigner. I've openly stated before welcome foreigners to come and spend more and buy more properties in SG - of course I'm referring to private properties - buy to stay or buy to rent is the right of the buyer who paid market price for it, as long as not HDB public housing price.

You're obviously a Msian SPR who think you're entitled to buy resale HDB and making profit from HDB. Don't forget that there are many Singaporeans who don't even qualify to buy resale HDB. Who? Private property owners - nevermind if they've never bought a HDB before.

As for your example of Singaporean with his MBA qualification buying HDB and getting a grant for it. Why not? If the Singaporean qualify for grant and willing to stay in HDB for 5 years, it is his right to buy HDB and profit from it. Don't you have such benefit in Msia? I have also heard of Msian buying low cost or medium cost flats to rent out or resell at profit subsequently.

Oh I also should qualify to say that I'm not talking about all Msians but there are some foreigners who think that they come to SG to work for a few years means that they have contributed alot and should be entitled to all benefits and have no qualms to make comments of Singaporeans and even call Singaporean names.

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a singaporean with 3 properties in JB and KL, all paid in cash on local terms as they were in her god-sister's name. Possibly many more bought in spouses' names? So the 9K plus fire may not be reflective of the the true situation.

As long as not under the Singaporean's name, how to qualify that it is Singaporean. I have a relative buy under mistress name for her - counted?

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I saw the flaming coming when I saw the "SG resenting SPR...blah blah"

Sacrifice? Who doesn't sacrifice? SPRs come to SG very hard life? How abt SG citizens spending 2.5 hours in NS? Its just like prison. At least for me it was. Everyday have to pcc to sleep. 2.5 and half years you know? today make love with right hand. next day make love with left hand. But then again, who asked me to be a Singaporean? No choice rite? Fate. So I lived with it.

When it comes to sacrifice, I am JESUS - the ultimate sacrificial lamb. I didn't even do JC or Uni is SG. Seriously! After my NS/prison, I balloted for HDB. Of cos I didn't win the lottery. Lan Lan gotta buy condo. for a few years survived on my OD account. paying 18% p.a.. Everyday eat $2 chicken rice. Now that my condo is in the money, I cant sell cos I hafta wait 2.5 years to buy direct from HDB; then wait another 3 years for construction. Is it fair? Of cos not fair. So how? Bitch abt life? I chose to make the best of what life has given me. so why is 1nottiboy so proud? so yayapapaya? its because he did it all on his own effort. didn't take a single cent from his parents. this is something that nobody can ever take away from me.

So because I cant buy HDB, my wife and I decided to buy another condo. Then the cooling measures came. So we bought an office. Then we bought another. Did we bitch abt not being able to buy the HDB? Sure we did. But we also went ahead to play the game - to play within the system.

No point bitching abt PAP or whether SPRs have it better or citizens have more benefits, blah blah... it whichever country you go, in whichever system you are in, in whatever games you play, there are gonna be rules. There are gonna be boundaries. Bitching abt what works against you just makes you a LOSER! I lived before in a few countries across a few continents... let's just say every system has got its pros and cons. the winners milk it. the losers bitch abt it.

if you ask me, the truth is that the SG system hasn't been fair to me. But I feel that I have achieved more than my peers and I have time to spend with my family and to play golf and to drink and to go ktv and to make more babies with my wife... Am I a super rich? In terms of dollars and cents, I am not. In terms of my happiness (money, sex, health, etc), I am in the league of the ULTRA RICH!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I saw the flaming coming when I saw the "SG resenting SPR...blah blah"

Sacrifice? Who doesn't sacrifice? SPRs come to SG very hard life? How abt SG citizens spending 2.5 hours in NS? Its just like prison. At least for me it was. Everyday have to pcc to sleep. 2.5 and half years you know? today make love with right hand. next day make love with left hand. But then again, who asked me to be a Singaporean? No choice rite? Fate. So I lived with it.

When it comes to sacrifice, I am JESUS - the ultimate sacrificial lamb. I didn't even do JC or Uni is SG. Seriously! After my NS/prison, I balloted for HDB. Of cos I didn't win the lottery. Lan Lan gotta buy condo. for a few years survived on my OD account. paying 18% p.a.. Everyday eat $2 chicken rice. Now that my condo is in the money, I cant sell cos I hafta wait 2.5 years to buy direct from HDB; then wait another 3 years for construction. Is it fair? Of cos not fair. So how? Bitch abt life? I chose to make the best of what life has given me. so why is 1nottiboy so proud? so yayapapaya? its because he did it all on his own effort. didn't take a single cent from his parents. this is something that nobody can ever take away from me.

So because I cant buy HDB, my wife and I decided to buy another condo. Then the cooling measures came. So we bought an office. Then we bought another. Did we bitch abt not being able to buy the HDB? Sure we did. But we also went ahead to play the game - to play within the system.

No point bitching abt PAP or whether SPRs have it better or citizens have more benefits, blah blah... it whichever country you go, in whichever system you are in, in whatever games you play, there are gonna be rules. There are gonna be boundaries. Bitching abt what works against you just makes you a LOSER! I lived before in a few countries across a few continents... let's just say every system has got its pros and cons. the winners milk it. the losers bitch abt it.

if you ask me, the truth is that the SG system hasn't been fair to me. But I feel that I have achieved more than my peers and I have time to spend with my family and to play golf and to drink and to go ktv and to make more babies with my wife... Am I a super rich? In terms of dollars and cents, I am not. In terms of my happiness (money, sex, health, etc), I am in the league of the ULTRA RICH!

I have been following your postings ........ some, thought provoking..... some provoking..... some downright funny..... this is ONE on my "you da MAN" postings.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bye bye HSR?
HSR, Rapid likely to be delayed: Analyst
Posted on 30 August 2013 - 05:39am
Eva Yeong
[email protected]
[email protected]
Print

Jala at the ETP mid-year briefing yesterday
KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 30, 2013): The government, which has announced that it will review and sequence its planned public sector projects to avoid straining the budget, is likely to reschedule the high-speed rail (HSR) link between Malaysia and Singapore and the Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (Rapid) project in Pengerang, Johor, said an analyst.

"The second and third lines of the mass rapid transit (MRT) are likely to proceed because most of the tunnel boring machines, which are big import cost items, have already been brought in. However, the HSR and Rapid projects remain a big question mark," Etiqa Insurance & Takaful head of research Chris Eng told SunBiz yesterday.

"We also don't need the HSR link as much as we need the MRT," he said, adding that the high cost of the MRT project is an indicator that it will continue as planned.

Petroliam Nasional Bhd had also announced last month that the Rapid refinery will be ready for start-up in the fourth quarter of 2017. The project has been delayed twice, from late 2016 to early 2017, and now to end 2017.

Eng said the government's main concerns are that contingent liabilities may rise and of the country's shrinking current account surplus.

Earlier, at the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) mid-year briefing, Finance Ministry secretary-general to the Treasury, Tan Sri Dr Mohd Irwan Serigar Abdullah, said the government will sequence large public projects to address the current account balance, which has shrunk to almost RM2.6 billion in the second quarter of this year.

"Of course, the MRT project is not involved, it will go on. We are still analysing the projects that will be sequenced and a statement will be made by the prime minister. The fiscal policy committee (FPC) will meet again on Monday," said Irwan yesterday.

He said the government is identifying projects with low multiplier effects and high import content to be sequenced, not stopped completely, while projects with high multiplier effects and low import content will go on.

"These are all projects with heavy public sector involvement. Private sector projects will go ahead…it won't disrupt economic growth and we don't want to shock the economy," he added.

Irwan said the sequencing of some projects will not delay the government in achieving its target of becoming a high income nation by 2020 because projects with high multiplier effects will continue to be implemented.

He said with the various measures combined, including the introduction of the goods and services tax, subsidy rationalisation and other programmes to boost the economy, it could possibly achieve developed nation status earlier by 2018.

Performance Management and Delivery Unit (Pemandu) CEO Datuk Seri Idris Jala (pix) said the key to avoid a knee-jerk reaction towards the sequencing of large public projects is monitoring the situation, which is being done by the central bank.

"Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) is monitoring the situation, they are looking at the issue with regards to the devaluation of the currency," he said.

He said the sequencing of public projects will also mitigate some of the problems related to the weakening ringgit while ensuring economic growth.

"We have to be very careful, make sure there is no knee-jerk reaction. We still need to grow. We have to take the growth component and be worried about capital flight but monitoring is key. How much do we intervene? BNM is good at this. The governor has clearly given us the confidence that they have the capability," he added.

On the HSR, Jala said both Malaysia and Singapore have agreed to the project and expressed desire to proceed.

On Malaysia's side, commercial evaluation has been completed while technical evaluation is almost done.

He said the details of the project such as equity stakes, whether it will be 100% government-owned or private sector-led are part of ongoing discussions.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
In life, we need a lot of luck (at the right place at the right time). Unfortunately, not everyone is so lucky.

If you have the luck, you can sit back and relax....

==
After my NS/prison, I balloted for HDB. Of cos I didn't win the lottery. Lan Lan gotta buy condo. for a few years survived on my OD account. paying 18% p.a.. Everyday eat $2 chicken rice. Now that my condo is in the money, I cant sell cos I hafta wait 2.5 years to buy direct from HDB; then wait another 3 years for construction. Is it fair? Of cos not fair. So how? Bitch abt life? I chose to make the best of what life has given me. so why is 1nottiboy so proud? so yayapapaya? its because he did it all on his own effort. didn't take a single cent from his parents. this is something that nobody can ever take away from me.

if you ask me, the truth is that the SG system hasn't been fair to me. But I feel that I have achieved more than my peers and I have time to spend with my family and to play golf and to drink and to go ktv and to make more babies with my wife... Am I a super rich? In terms of dollars and cents, I am not. In terms of my happiness (money, sex, health, etc), I am in the league of the ULTRA RICH![/QUOTE]