• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think recent years Singaporeans have been sucked dry by e govt.

The flip side of Malaysia low cost of living is e govt ran into a lot of debts, which wld have to be paid one day, n e lower quality if public service.

Not only low cost of living is lower but also subsidies for some essential goods like rice, oil, petrol , sugar etc are provided. The govt is trying to pull back subsidies but for political reasons I think it wont happen soon.
If you look at STANDARD of living, the average Malaysian can easily afford a car even its only a proton, and can afford a landed property though not G&G. But most Singaporeans can't. That is what is drawing Singaporeans in and as time passes more and more will wake up to this.In Malaysia, there are also many options. If one finds JB too expensive, a Malaysian can easily opt to move to a smaller town where property costs a lot less and also cost of living is lower.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think recent years Singaporeans have been sucked dry by e govt.

The flip side of Malaysia low cost of living is e govt ran into a lot of debts, which wld have to be paid one day, n e lower quality if public service.

Alamak , in the new world era , e govt can print more money to pay the dept .

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope in my opinion. the less well off will rush to stay at affordable areas at the city fringe. This is caused in part by the attraction of well-paid work in urban areas which will not be available in rural regions.

Will one be able to find a similarly paid job in the smaller town?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, but one can have the option one day of moving away and retiring in a quieter, less expensive, less congested, and slower-paced corner of the country where you don't need all the excitement and buzz of the larger cities.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Civil servants get same pay, but those in cities like KL , JB, East Malaysia get an allowance due to cost of living. Its called Cost of Living allowance. As for professionals like doctors/lawyers, I have several Malaysian Unlces, cousins in this line and sometiems they make more in smaller towns due to less competition and lower costs. In Fact my cousin who had a clinic in JB closed it down to takeover his dad's( my uncle's) clinic in a small town as JB operational costs were much higher. Banks and other private sector have similar pay scale, not based on town. Only difference is that in small town you may have less choice of jobs, e.g if no airport then pilots cant work there.
Businesses have less operating costs in small towns, pay their staff less. But its all about cost of living.
Recently I met some Malaysians in Jb who used to work in Singapore but decided to stop. I asked why and they said not worth as at end of day no better off due to higher cost of living here. I asked why not travel in and out and they said too tiring, time consuming, not worth it. Prefer to live in MY and earn RGT. Same argument may apply when comparing big and small towns in MY.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The deposit rates in Malaysia is about 3%. Therefore you find many of those auntie and uncles have many fixed deposits. They are not the type who speculate and invest in properties for flipping. They would spend on cars and gourmets every weekends. On CNY, you won't believe your eyes the amount of cash they have when they go gambling. Go to those travel fairs, majority of them would be there. Best part of all, they seldom have credit cards.

Johor being a much bigger state that Singapore you will be surprised but many actually are quite well off, even in small towns, not just JB. Small town Johoreans dont spend much as cost of living is low so you may not see their wealth, but many actually have cash and can easily buy a property that is 1M or more. Esp[ecially people in Biz and doctors , lawyers who btw earn a lot more than their Singaporean counterparts.
Singaporeans arent that well off, the average Singaporean is likely a HDB dweller that at most can buy one foreign property. There being many more Malaysians than Singaporeans, chances are there are many more rich Malaysians not in percentage but in real numbers. You'll be surprised, many also invest in London, Australia etc.
People up north prefer to invest up north in KL or Penang, those who come down south may have ties with Johor or have grown up there.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are young, you want to go to big cities to work, enjoy the affluence, enjoy the hip. But when you are matured, you prefer to go back to basics, be practical and to your hometown reflect what you had done.

Civil servants get same pay, but those in cities like KL , JB, East Malaysia get an allowance due to cost of living. Its called Cost of Living allowance. As for professionals like doctors/lawyers, I have several Malaysian Unlces, cousins in this line and sometiems they make more in smaller towns due to less competition and lower costs. In Fact my cousin who had a clinic in JB closed it down to takeover his dad's( my uncle's) clinic in a small town as JB operational costs were much higher. Banks and other private sector have similar pay scale, not based on town. Only difference is that in small town you may have less choice of jobs, e.g if no airport then pilots cant work there.
Businesses have less operating costs in small towns, pay their staff less. But its all about cost of living.
Recently I met some Malaysians in Jb who used to work in Singapore but decided to stop. I asked why and they said not worth as at end of day no better off due to higher cost of living here. I asked why not travel in and out and they said too tiring, time consuming, not worth it. Prefer to live in MY and earn RGT. Same argument may apply when comparing big and small towns in MY.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia can make RM27b if GST is in place, says minister
He also says govt will keep debt to GDP ratio well below 55%
Published May 20, 2013

[KUALA LUMPUR] Malaysia will be able to rake in an additional income of up to RM27 billion (S$11.25 billion) if the proposed goods and services tax (GST) of 7 per cent is implemented.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Idris Jala said the new taxation mechanism could guarantee additional revenue of RM20 billion to RM27 billion, according to Bernama.

"It must be implemented as soon as Malaysians are ready to accept the mechanism," he added.

Speaking at a forum titled "GE13: What it means for Business?", Mr Jala said education on what the GST was all about and how it benefited the country's economy was very important, as the Malaysians need to understand and accept the taxation mechanism moving forward.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/pre...ake-rm27b-if-gst-place-says-minister-20130520

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bandaraya Developments Berhad

http://www.brdb.com.my/portfolio/residential/emerald_bay/index.asp

http://www.brdb.com.my/index.asp

KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Bandar Raya Developments Berhad
Level 10 Menara BRDB
285 Jalan Maarof
Bukit Bandaraya
59000 Kuala Lumpur
T
: +603 2688 2888
F
: +603 2287 7515
BRDB Gallery
Jalan Penaga
Bukit Bandaraya
59000 Kuala Lumpur
T
: +603 2095 4088
: +603 2095 4188
: +603 2095 1011
F
: +603 2095 8742
E
: [email protected] (sales and marketing enquiries)
: [email protected] (leasing enquiries)
: [email protected] (general enquiries)

PERMAS JAYA, JOHOR, MALAYSIA
Permas Jaya Sdn Bhd
#G-33, Blok A, Permas Mall
No. 3, Jalan Permas Utara
Bandar Baru Permas Jaya
81750 Johor Bahru
T
: +607 387 1333
F
: +607 387 2333
E
: [email protected]

hi All sis/bro,

anyone can share BRDB Iskandar marketing personnel contact i'm keen for this project.

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite a few investment stuff coming up soon, not referring to high rise units. Seems like more news are going to be released soon. :smile:

Hi Wuqi,

If it is not too troublesome, I appreciate if you could sharing your knowledge on these up coming investment. Once again THANK YOU and all the best to you and your family.

Warm regards,

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bandaraya Developments Berhad

http://www.brdb.com.my/portfolio/residential/emerald_bay/index.asp

http://www.brdb.com.my/index.asp

KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Bandar Raya Developments Berhad
Level 10 Menara BRDB
285 Jalan Maarof
Bukit Bandaraya
59000 Kuala Lumpur
T
: +603 2688 2888
F
: +603 2287 7515
BRDB Gallery
Jalan Penaga
Bukit Bandaraya
59000 Kuala Lumpur
T
: +603 2095 4088
: +603 2095 4188
: +603 2095 1011
F
: +603 2095 8742
E
: [email protected] (sales and marketing enquiries)
: [email protected] (leasing enquiries)
: [email protected] (general enquiries)

PERMAS JAYA, JOHOR, MALAYSIA
Permas Jaya Sdn Bhd
#G-33, Blok A, Permas Mall
No. 3, Jalan Permas Utara
Bandar Baru Permas Jaya
81750 Johor Bahru
T
: +607 387 1333
F
: +607 387 2333
E
: [email protected]

thanks bro....

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually quite surprised nobody talked about the Capri. I attended the private launch last friday. It was opened to buyers of past projects.

I think it is a Dijaya project but I could be wrong. Mixed developement with 5 or 6 residential towers (although things could change. it is Malaysia after all) and commercial shops below. Prices were between RM1,100 to RM1,300 psf before a 10% rebate. It is at Danga Bay.

Not keen in the project although it seemed very nice. The all glass facade made it looked very pretty. the 2 pent house units were gone buy the time I arrived. Small and large units were available. Small units faced northwest ( I think) and big units faced the Straits.

Again, I am not vested in this project. Just sharing.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not trying to burst your bubble. I pulled out all my BIG GUNS contacts in SG and MY to place my name on the list. 3 of my contacts confirmed that it has been done but till this day nobody from BRDB has contacted me. Looks like my big guns arent big enough :(

hi All sis/bro,

anyone can share BRDB Iskandar marketing personnel contact i'm keen for this project.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, it does looks like this special project is reserved solely for BRDB directors and higher management, Datuks and ministers or MPs etc around Malaysia

Despite being a regular customer, I havent gotten any reply.

Are you referring to Emerald Bay in Puteri? That should be a very high end project but yet to be launched.