• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I am saying too. SGD2.2m opens up a WORLD of choices.

I would even consider BKK. There are some completed high end condos waiting for buyers. And tons of pretty gals in the clubs waiting to be picked up. Iskandar cant supply enough pretty chicks to justify that kind of prices.

if Emerald Bay's prices are really launched at these prices, it would be really interesting to see who would buy. By most measures, it is better value than Sentosa but it isnt Sentosa.

RM5.5m is around SGD2.2m.

With that price; the choice start to open up.

One can look toward KL; Penang or even look back to Singapore.

I think a 2 bedroom condo in Orchard Rd Singapore at $2.2m is less risk than a bungalow in JB ""Wonderland"".... the price is rising too high too quickly.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't agree more. Well said. Singaporean who have S$2mil & up budget in the right might wouldn't consider staying in Nusajaya.

Iskandar is not mutual enough to have these kind of price.

Yes indeed. Singaporeans who have S$2 m in the pocket will rather buy Australian (Melb, Sydney) & UK properties. More adventurous ones will be considering U.S. properties. These pple certainly wont be staying in Puteri Harbour, & wont be expecting to resell at such lofty prices.....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Near to LF area is always my concern. titter.gif

Last edited:

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed. Singaporeans who have S$2 m in the pocket will rather buy Australian (Melb, Sydney) & UK properties. More adventurous ones will be considering U.S. properties. These pple certainly wont be staying in Puteri Harbour, & wont be expecting to resell at such lofty prices.....

Wonder how's the response like

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
A story to share. My friend was house shopping in SG last year. Budget SGD3m. But due to his connections, he managed to get a nice discount for his SGD800k condo. So with his SGD2.2m leftover, he looked at major cities around the world. Almost bought a London apartment, but eventually decided to buy an office in SG for SGD1.5m.

But he still has money left, so he bought a condo unit in Iskandar for SGD300k. With the remaining money, he is considering BKK (1st choice) and KL. When I asked him why, he said that Iskandar is unproven, whereas BKK and KL have ready properties that he can stay in immediately or rent out. Although the price psf is higher in both cities, Iskandar's unproven potential makes it relatively "expensive".

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
A story to share. My friend was house shopping in SG last year. Budget SGD3m. But due to his connections, he managed to get a nice discount for his SGD800k condo. So with his SGD2.2m leftover, he looked at major cities around the world. Almost bought a London apartment, but eventually decided to buy an office in SG for SGD1.5m.

But he still has money left, so he bought a condo unit in Iskandar for SGD300k. With the remaining money, he is considering BKK (1st choice) and KL. When I asked him why, he said that Iskandar is unproven, whereas BKK and KL have ready properties that he can stay in immediately or rent out. Although the price psf is higher in both cities, Iskandar's unproven potential makes it relatively "expensive".

Your friend is a wise person.

We use to stay here and have a unit at http://www.fjlord.co.uk/FJL008104576 this penthouse selling cheaper than a penthouse in dogy Iskandar. Its in zone 2 equivalent of Novena distance from CBD area.

My opinion is Iskandar rise too quickly with no sustainable future.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your friend is a wise person.

We use to stay here and have a unit at http://www.fjlord.co.uk/FJL008104576 this penthouse selling cheaper than a penthouse in dogy Iskandar. Its in zone 2 equivalent of Novena distance from CBD area.

My opinion is Iskandar rise too quickly with no sustainable future.

One advantage Iskandar has over other countries is that its easy to manage as its just across the border.As for local luxury condos, the high end here has been ina rut for years. I had a 2bed room FH unit in Orchard Rd which I sold last year for over 2.2M. Yes I made money as I bought it more than 5 years back. But it has underperformed the nmkt and rental yield wasnt good. Over 4% for the price I paid but still not as good as all my other properties bought at the sae time. Even the % gain for teh time I held it was less impressive than my Industrial and mass mkt condos. Its only getting worse now with cooling measures. These properties are usually bought by foreign investors but they are not keen to pay the hefty stamp duty.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
One advantage Iskandar has over other countries is that its easy to manage as its just across the border.As for local luxury condos, the high end here has been ina rut for years. I had a 2bed room FH unit in Orchard Rd which I sold last year for over 2.2M. Yes I made money as I bought it more than 5 years back. But it has underperformed the nmkt and rental yield wasnt good. Over 4% for the price I paid but still not as good as all my other properties bought at the sae time. Even the % gain for teh time I held it was less impressive than my Industrial and mass mkt condos. Its only getting worse now with cooling measures. These properties are usually bought by foreign investors but they are not keen to pay the hefty stamp duty.

Well done Chocolate for the gain. Well I wouldn't use or compare Iskandar with Singapore or London.

It's still a cow boy land after all. And it's got plenty of LAND to be utilise. You can just build a Puteri Harbour in any coast line in Iskandar and start charging with a premium. I'll pass thank you.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done Chocolate for the gain. Well I wouldn't use or compare Iskandar with Singapore or London.

It's still a cow boy land after all. And it's got plenty of LAND to be utilise. You can just build a Puteri Harbour in any coast line in Iskandar and start charging with a premium. I'll pass thank you.

Its hard to find a relatively safe investment these days with good returns. So buyers beware. My motto is dont pay too much. Always be able to differentiate between PRICE and VALUE. Also, all investments come with some risk so we have to weigh those and decide which are worth taking.
Even in Singapore I know of investors who lost a lot of money, especially those who couldnt hold during subprime. My condo was then 'under water', it fell 200psf below price we bought. But we were able to hold and sell at more than 500psf higher than price we bought eventually.Timing and Price are crucial in any investment.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can form a duet.
We both sing the same tune.

Just visited Astaka showroom. This kelong project is built on a stadium JB government sold during financial difficulty in 2003/4. (SARS)

Something very special for this development....
1. It is suppose to be LH; but somehow a genius covert it to FH and
2. from residential to commercial.

I start to have some interest in this project because whomever behind this project must be a "Royal breed".

Most importantly ....
3. The road authority even approve a tunnel to be build between CIQ and Astaka.

Genius at work....... Royalty at work. I am impressed.......

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just heard from a friend who's submitted cheque for Iskandar Residences that buyers have to queue behind agents and their families, meaning agents get priority for units.They get to go in to choose first. Is this common with other agencies in Singapore a well for Iskandar launches or just Huttons? :*:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just remember Malaysia is still a Kelong City.

Depend on the level of your agent you deal with.

There is one project launching this few days. But the "elites" already booked 200+ units.

I just heard from a friend who's submitted cheque for Iskandar Residences that buyers have to queue behind agents and their families, meaning agents get priority for units.They get to go in to choose first. Is this common with other agencies in Singapore a well for Iskandar launches or just Huttons? :*:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Easy to managed because half the time unoccupied . The other half is tenant run road . Beware !

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just remember Malaysia is still a Kelong City.

Depend on the level of your agent you deal with.

There is one project launching this few days. But the "elites" already booked 200+ units.

Isnt the hype and all the confusing stories being put out by Singapore agencies as well? In fact it seems to me, buying direct from Malaysian developers or agencies is less complicated.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why think so much? It is hard to find a chance to invest in a potential metropolis just few kilometres from our home.... worth a gamble.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
...got people stay lah...a matter of time when the silver tsunami wash over to Iskandar......cos cannot afford to grow old in Sg.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
...got people stay lah...a matter of time when the silver tsunami wash over to Iskandar......cos cannot afford to grow old in Sg.

I'm looking at 6.9 mil population by 2030, which is an extremely high population density. This is a 30% increase from 5.3 mil in 2013. The numbers are not right and I think it should be higher if we add in the day workers from Johor.

To support this future population, the supporting infrastructure like power plants, water treatment, hospitals, roads, schools etc all have to be ramped up. They will compete for land and cause rental to increase, which will pass on to consumers. Due to our greying population, the working population will be taxed more indirectly. Higher cost of living (inflation and taxes) and lower quality of living (overcrowding) in Singapore are the basis of my projection that Iskandar will grow quickly.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
17 years is not too long to wait. But job opportunity in Iskandar will draw in more people before 2030.

But I think 2020 more critical. By 2020 we will know whether Iskandar is a flop or success.

I'm looking at 6.9 mil population by 2030, which is an extremely high population density. This is a 30% increase from 5.3 mil in 2013. The numbers are not right and I think it should be higher if we add in the day workers from Johor.

To support this future population, the supporting infrastructure like power plants, water treatment, hospitals, roads, schools etc all have to be ramped up. They will compete for land and cause rental to increase, which will pass on to consumers. Due to our greying population, the working population will be taxed more indirectly. Higher cost of living (inflation and taxes) and lower quality of living (overcrowding) in Singapore are the basis of my projection that Iskandar will grow quickly.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree with you. Just based on Singapore's population growth, Iskandar is the obvious choice unless you wanna move to Indonesia? I also agree that land prices will go up, so for capital gain landed is a better bet. But rental yield for landed is very low, so must be able to hold.