• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most condos sold now will be up and running.

If an area stuff with over supply of rental properties; we will know by 2018. (to play safe; should buy FH and not LH.)
Go for capital gain and not rental return.

If a zone collapse totally; we will know by 2020.

I stick with Zone A as it is a stopover for future tourism.
A transit point between Singapore and Malaysia. (Some argue Tuas Second Link; but there are very little activity there at all.)
History date back to 14th Century before british take over in 1914.

However I may be wrong; the whole area may actually succeed.

To me A B C D E are 5 race horses.

hi Shctaw,

why do u say by 2020 ?

Last edited:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phase 1 of Sunway Iskandar to be launched by end-2013
Posted on 23 May 2013 - 05:39am
Eva Yeong
[email protected]
Print
KUALA LUMPUR (May 23, 2013): Sunway Bhd will launch Phase 1 of its Sunway Iskandar project in Medini, Iskandar Malaysia with a gross development value (GDV) of up to RM350 million by early next year, said its CFO Chong Chang Choong.

The GDV for the entire Sunway Iskandar project is some RM30 billion.

"What we plan is a mixed integrated development, a 3-in-1 comprising serviced apartments, office suites and a retail podium," he told reporters at the MIDF Luncheon Talk yesterday.

The group intends to replicate its Bandar Sunway project success at Sunway Iskandar, with components encompassing an education hub, a theme park, a shopping mall, hotels, offices and hospitals.

"We want it to be a self-sustaining suburban development. This project gives us the chance to recreate a township of international stature and avoid the mistakes we (made) previously," he said.

Chong added that the first phase will only take up "a few acres" of the total 1,800 acres that Sunway owns in Medini and Pendas in Iskandar Malaysia.

Chong said the group plans to launch more phases in Sunway Iskandar next year.

"If response (take-up rate) is good, we'll be a bit more aggressive to meet the demand."

On new land acquisitions in Johor, Chong said Sunway will consider opportunities that are similar to the land it acquired in Medini and Pendas.

"At the moment, 1,800 acres is a sizeable land size. If we do make any further acquisitions it will be something complementary to our existing development there. Based on our plan, 1,800 acres will last us between 15 and 20 years," he added.

Chong said the group is bullish on the prospects of Iskandar Malaysia due to its property sector's potential for the medium- to long-term.

He said out of the five corridors launched by the government in 2006, Iskandar Malaysia has been the centre of attraction due to its close proximity to Singapore and Changi Airport, connectivity via highways, the government's investment of over RM4 billion on infrastructure, the huge discount on property prices compared with Singapore as well as collaborative efforts between the two governments of Malaysia and Singapore to develop the corridor.

"The buy-in of the Singapore government has also led to investor confidence improving and the momentum has increased," he added.

Nevertheless, Sunway's maiden project in Johor is that of a 88-acre plot of land it owns in Taman Molek, near Johor Baru city comprising 50 to 100 units of bungalows in a gated and guarded community, which it plans to launch by July this year.

"It is a brownfield development, located next to existing residential units. Based on (initial) registration, there is strong interest from locals who are upgrading. This will be Sunway's maiden launch in Johor," said Chong.

The units will be priced between RM1.3 million and RM1.5 million.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each zone has its own focus. Just like New territory and Hong Kong Island, and orchard road and marina bay in Singapore.

If an area stuff with over supply of rental properties; we will know by 2018. (to play safe; should buy FH and not LH.)

A transit point between Singapore and Malaysia. (Some argue Tuas Second Link; but there are very little activity there at all.)

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
most people betting on horse B to win the race :smile:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. otherwise, why would the govt allow us to use Medisave in Malaysian hospital?

They are hoping the old ppl with retire in JB. Cheaper for the retirees and less headache for SG govt and more profits for MY componies. win-win-wine situation

...got people stay lah...a matter of time when the silver tsunami wash over to Iskandar......cos cannot afford to grow old in Sg.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Retire? Cheaper?

I think JB will not be so affordable anymore.

I visit Astaka condo showflat.

Cheapest RM2,000,000. Most Expensive RM7,500,000.

It start to make Singapore properties look very reasonable in pricing.

I agree with you. otherwise, why would the govt allow us to use Medisave in Malaysian hospital?

They are hoping the old ppl with retire in JB. Cheaper for the retirees and less headache for SG govt and more profits for MY componies. win-win-wine situation

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retire? Cheaper?

Any indication what the take-up rate is like so far?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any indication what the take-up rate is like so far?

200+ sold out of 423. No exact figure.

They started raising their price today.

I just found out that the Developer is Reka Cipta SDN BHD
Belong to Singapore Noble Group.

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

True, but more importantly, to make room to accommodate another 3 million FTs coming to Sg due to land constraint. Basically to kick those unproductive elderly citizens out in exchange for younger foreigners so can continue to contribute to the govt coffers. Pushing the responsibilities of taking care of their own elderly to another country. Don't think there's any govt in the world that does this just for $$$. No limits to greed for them. Really Sickapore!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, but more importantly, to make room to accommodate another 3 million FTs coming to Sg due to land constraint. Basically to kick those unproductive elderly citizens out in exchange for younger foreigners so can continue to contribute to the govt coffers. Pushing the responsibilities of taking care of their own elderly to another country. Don't think there's any govt in the world that does this just for $$$. No limits to greed for them. Really Sickapore!

Yeah lor really must kick out this sick govt who wants elderly to go JB nursing home to die while they themselves want to die in their Oxley or Bukit timah bungalows.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
200+ sold out of 423. No exact figure.

They started raising their price today.

I just found out that the Developer is Reka Cipta SDN BHD
Belong to Singapore Noble Group.

So the "nobility" of the Noble Gp has connections with the royalty? Lol!

I can imagine once this development plus those other skyscraping ones like Setia Sky and Tri Tower are completed, the JB skyline will be transformed.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retire? Cheaper?

LOL.............

Let me guess most of them are mainland chineses. They will ruining the whole purpose of luxury living with their underwear brief in the swimming pool.

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
paiseh need some help to calculate some costs before i plunge in. Say the house is RM1 mil

How much cash do i need to prepare? given that:
1. 10% cash rebate
2. Free legal fee on SPA
3. Free levy fee (foreigner)
4. Free security fee till 10/09/2014

payment of bank loan starts once TOP or?

thanks!

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
paiseh need some help to calculate some costs before i plunge in. Say the house is RM1 mil

How much cash do i need to prepare? given that:
1. 10% cash rebate
2. Free legal fee on SPA
3. Free levy fee (foreigner)
4. Free security fee till 10/09/2014

payment of bank loan starts once TOP or?

thanks!

Think it's not diff to calculate. RM1m - (10% cash rebate) = RM 900K

Usually for foreigners, the max loan is at 70-80% of property value. If we use RM900k for prudence (assuming 10% cash rebate is recorded), and 70% loan, the cash you need to come up with is 30% of RM 900k or RM 270k.

For best case scenario, at 80% loan of RM 1m (assuming 10% cash rebate not recorded), the loan payable is 20% of 1m or RM 800k. After the cash rebate at 10% (100k), the cash you need to come up with is RM 100k (RM900K property - RM 800k loan).

To summarise, it alternates betw RM 100K and RM 270K (best & worst case), depending on your loan quantum (70% or 80%), and whether cash rebate is considered at bank loan approval stage (can chk with KSL on the cash rebate part).

As for bank loan payment, assuming no interest deferment scheme, you can opt for paying interest only till TOP, or you can opt to make loan payment during construction phase to reduce loan int payable.