• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bulk of Setia's customers are actually Malaysian PRs, with family ties in JB. So the advertisement serves dual purpose: Advertising to Malaysian PR as well as singporeans.....

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't speak for SP Setia's other developments, but the sales staff I dealt with when I purchased my unit at SEG were quite OK and things went quite smoothly.

For problems with the SEG township itself, there is a very active Group in Facebook that comprise mainly of current residents who will not hesitate to petition the management if something is not right. I think the group comprise of mainy Malaysians who are quite "garang", they will not hide their unhappiness over anything ... LOL.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Setia Sky 88 all sold out

The keenly awaited first iconic building in Iskandar Malaysia, "Setia Sky 88" luxury service apartment was unveiled to
prospective buyers here and in Singapore, which received overwhelming response.

All 353 international units of the 55-storey twin towers, with prices ranging from RM600,000 to over RM1 million a unit, were snapped up at the five-day preview in Johor Baharu and in Singapore.

Setia City Development Sdn Bhd General Manager Ricky Yeo said the first preview to buyers was held here on Aug 25 and 26 and Aug 31 to Sept 2 in Singapore.

"The response was overwhelming. In fact, we're surprised by the huge response. It was totally unexpected. All the international units were sold out during the short five-day preview.

"Many Malaysians, Singaporeans and other nationalities were eyeing for this iconic project by S P Setia for the past one year," he told Bernama.

Setia City Development is a division of Malaysia's No. 1 property developer, S P Setia Bhd.

Ricky said 40 per cent of Setia Sky 88 buyers were foreigners, comprising not only from across the Johor Causeway, but also from as far as Hong Kong, Britain, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea and Japan.

"Such attention indeed shows Iskandar Malaysia can be in the investment radar of international property buyers if we have the right product in place," he said, adding that the overwhelming response proved there was market for similar products in future.

The 55-storey twin-towers, with captivating architecture, were jointly designed by CPG Architect from Singapore and Malaysia's Atria Architect.

Ricky said the project, with RM480 million gross development value, would take more than four years to be completed.

He said the iconic building, the tallest building in Johor, at Jalan Datuk Abdullah Tahir, comprises 588 units in various sizes, with prices-per-unit starting from RM750 per square foot (psf) to over RM1,000 psf for units facing Singapore.

He said there are seven levels of penthouse, with unit size starting from 1,173 sqf to 1,389 sqf, with all 48 units of penthouse, costing over RM1 million per unit, have all been snapped up.

"Setia Sky 88" owners have the highest private deck to view the skyline of Iskandar Malaysia, Singapore coastline and various facilities.

"It's a landmark and the pride of all owners who own a prime property in Iskandar Malaysia," he said.

The apartment is also strategically located within 10 minutes drive from the Sultan Iskandar customs, immigration and quarantine complex and the Johor-Singapore Causeway, Ricky said.

Setia Sky 88 is also accessible from other parts of Johor Baharu and Iskandar Malaysia via the newly opened Coastal Highway, Eastern Dispersal Link and Inner Ring Highway, he added. -- Bernama

Read more: Setia Sky 88 all sold out http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_Ne...120906163316/Article/index_html#ixzz25ho6bWdj

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lonelysin,

I never said it was just because of defects. I only understated the seriousness of the defects but there were actual holes in the wall and more for that particular development when they were doing renovation. I went there to see for myself out of disbelief.

Why did you just highlight the part where i talked about defects, i also said its because of the sales tactics. I did not want to bring this back up.

The seriousness of the defects plus the sales tactics of not having company chop, etc which forced some of my friends to withdraw, not just because
of defects.

----------------------------------------------

Hi inline, let me add that Cascadia/Tropika = Still can buy.

Its just that i recommended a few friends to buy at first and then 2 of them
got played out over contracts, etc. In disgust, one of them never came back
to MY again for properties.

A close neighbour of mine, her sister was so upset with the quality that she
and a few neighbours there grouped together and threatened to sue the
developer, then they started patching the holes in the wall.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB CBD Area Properties (Sky88, TwinGalaxy, Summerplace, Skysuite, Paragon etc)

Wow.. I can never expect the sales to be so good..

Setia Sky88

Last edited by a moderator:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess congrats to TwinGalaxy buyers too?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi lonelysin,

I think bro wuqi has the right to maintain his views based on his own experience.
We should respect that.
I think that is the purpose of a forum.
To share with others our experience and views, both negative and positive.
But we should form our own opinion after listening to other's experience or opinion.

Personally, after hearing Wuqi's opinion, I'm not being discourage to recommend sertia. If any of my friend would to ask me which developer's project I would recommend them to buy in Malaysia now, Sertia would still be top of my choice to recommend because I still buy into Sertia's brand. :smile:
Because for foreigners who does not have indepth knowledge of Malaysia property, buying into brand is still the best bet.
I am speaking from investment point of view. IMHO, buying a property is not just what I think the value of the property is. It is about what I think others think of the value of the property.
So, ya I think most people have faith in Sertia and so this can be priced in. :biggrin:
Sky88 can sell so fast right is the best prove of confidence. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi lonelysin,

I think bro wuqi has the right to maintain his views based on his own experience.
We should respect that.
I think that is the purpose of a forum.
To share with others our experience and views, both negative and positive.
But we should form our own opinion after listening to other's experience or opinion.

Personally, after hearing Wuqi's opinion, I'm not being discourage to recommend sertia. If any of my friend would to ask me which developer's project I would recommend them to buy in Malaysia now, Sertia would still be top of my choice to recommend because I still buy into Sertia's brand. :smile:
Because for foreigners who does not have indepth knowledge of Malaysia property, buying into brand is still the best bet.
I am speaking from investment point of view. IMHO, buying a property is not just what I think the value of the property is. It is about what I think others think of the value of the property.
So, ya I think most people have faith in Sertia and so this can be priced in. :biggrin:
Sky88 can sell so fast right is the best prove of confidence. haha.

Hmm , I think Sky88 and their Bukit Indah houses are selling well not because the quality are better than others . The main reason is their location near the commercial area and their lower prices during the launch . Most of the terrace were selling around the 280K to 380K , off course kena snap up lah ! But I do see lot of improvement in quality of their recent launch .

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of Setia's staff provide professional and excellent before-sales service . LF and KSL are a close second. HH gives one of the worst service.

I have no confidence in Setia's quality though!

zoros

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess congrats to TwinGalaxy buyers too?

IMO, twin galaxy buyers are in to "ride" along the BIG wave of SETIA SKY88 together with the planned commercial component in this part of JB City centre. For me, this has always been the main factor in buying this TG unit.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of Setia's staff provide professional and excellent before-sales service . LF and KSL are a close second. HH gives one of the worst service.

Yes this one I endorse . Setia's staff provide good service !

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about quality, but I would recommend Sertia not because of quality but because of brand name. lol.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal

My experience with HH was mixed. First time I went there, I hang around the house models for about 15 minutes and nobody bothered. Everyone just sat at their desk, and it wasn't like there were other customers in there. So I just left concluding that HH 'mm yau mai' (not hard up to sell). However, that did not stop me from bringing two friends to see HH a few months later. We also hang around for about 15 minutes but this time a nice and attentive salesman attended to us (my friend chatted with the salesman and learned that they earned an average of about S$5-6k per month, which is about MYR12,500 - MYR15,000, v good pay for working in Msia; so maybe 'jiat ba liao'). Even drove us around the compound to get a feel of the neighbourhood. In dealing with agents/salespersons, its all about personal preference. Some take it personal, some just care about the development. Afterall, its the property we want, not the salesman.

As for Setia property, my only source of reference before I made my purchase was my colleague. She was an early buyer of Setia property in BI, having acquired her two storey terrace for under MYR200k, when there was no Aeon or Jusco (vacant surroundings, like sam-pah). She said so far the house did not give her problems. Only thing that changed was the gated part. It used to be gated and then subsequently it was removed. That was a big factor to consider when deciding to buy G&G.

I am not saying this to spook those with Setia properties but to put one more factor into consideration before buying a G&G property. Having this point in mind, I still proceeded to buy because the G&G issue has nothing to do with the developer but more to do with the residents in that development. If one buys into a development that is too low in value, the chance of errant residents not wanting to pay the maintenance fees is high, hence resulting in no G&G guarantee even if it was promised by the developer. But, it may still be based on luck sometimes because it does not mean the rich would not be cheap and default on payment :eek:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lonelysin, Firstly your stories keeps changing all the time, secondly folks said some of the pictures weren't even yours.
When asked by others to correlate your various stories, you changed tack and said you have many clones.

I personally brought my sister to buy one unit, the type that has the extra large living area on top. It was not the defects
that put us off and as i pointed out, it was hear say as her neighbours also told us the same thing, the entire row had to
be redone.

It did change my judgment on them as some people here who ran into trouble with Setia PMed me for help with regards
to legal recourse. I have been here from day one, if i was that bias, i would not even consistently recommended Setia Tropika
nor even in PMs, asked people to proceed. Folks who have corresponded to me over PM would know.

Last edited:

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes this one I endorse . Setia's staff provide good service !

Base on purely my own experience with the sale and residence club, their service are excellent! I do read a lot of complaints about 8 Ave houses espically Emerald and Quartz owners. But mine (Quartz) only some minor defeats, and Setia fixed it promptly. Maybe I am lucky. Looking at the nos. of compliants over about 500 +- units in 8 Ave., maybe less than 10%, I would say it is still reasonable. :smile:

Of cause there is always room for improvement (I get this alot in my report books:p)

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , seems like this week a few new launches ...
Here's NI P7 twin villas ...

NusaIdamanTwinVillas.jpg